Possible to have Nano Injector used automatically when hull goes down?

invenioinvenio Posts: 108Member
I think it would be a great idea if we could have the option to set nano injector consumables to be applied automatically if the hull goes too low. I find myself often dying with the scout ship by accidentally getting hit by 2 mines close together. It would be great to have these kinds of consumables have an option of auto-activation.

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    edited May 2017
    With all due respect, I'm not in agreement here.

The entire function of using Consumables comes down to player preparation and timing. It is the player's responsibility to be mindful of the danger surrounding them, utilizing these tools at their disposal. If a player is flying around with a low hull, they're making the conscious decision to put themselves at further risk.

THAT SAID, I wouldn't argue against some kind of additional Passive Device in future content that triggered some kind of short-term invulnerability when reaching, say 1 hull, giving the player seconds to alter their fate.
  • invenioinvenio Posts: 108Member
    Good point, I agree that it would be a better solution to give the player the ability a second or two to make decisions on consumables before death.. I just find it frustrating that there is an instant death with coming in contact with two mines, or even simply hitting an asteroid. Again, this is especially pronounced on the small scout ship. It's extreme speed also increases the risk of such events occurring. It was frustrating to be doing really well around sector 4, I had six MK3 nano injectors, and bang, in a quarter of a second I'm dead as I flew too close to a mine.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    Yeah, the Scout can be tricky with all that speed. But with the dangers that come with it, that kind of mobility provides the greatest evasion and the fastest exploration the game has to offer. It's a tradeoff, really.

Have you tried using the Berserker Enhancement? It pairs well with the Scout; invulnerability while boosting means your collisions deal no hull damage. B)