Access keys and mainframe overrides

boostedmedicboostedmedic Posts: 4Member
Other than blind luck in combat or at a trader. Can you get these easily? Starting off a new run (I finally maxxed all ships, all glyphs and subroutines) and it's frustrating to come across secure containers and derelict colonial stations and have 0 way to access them.

Surely these should be craftable??
Especially in colonial stations it's awful when you pick a hatch, it opens, all you find inside is a container and you get 5 scrap.

If HIVE can back jump suppressors and comm hubs why not secure containers?

Also a quick thing,I feel like if you use mainframe override on a strong enemy - you should get an access key. Would make this item worth keeping past sector 3.

Also. Hacking corvettes is super satisfying

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    Access Keys can spawn as Bonus Equipment (via Perk) before a run, in stacks of 2. They can also be purchased from Traders and Service Stations. Additionally, their drop rate is always 40% from Elites, but Elite Fighters spawn far less frequently on Easy mode and far more frequently on Hard mode. What difficulty are you playing at?

Also, when you Mainframe Override an Elite, you can take them down without any type of retaliation. 40% chance of an Access Key without any effort, right there!

Last little thing: The team has been looking into the worth of the Access Key regarding Colonial derelict stations, and it looks like they'll be even more valuable venturing into these locations (even if you have all the Sub-Routines collected). And it's good, too.
  • boostedmedicboostedmedic Posts: 4Member
    I play on normal, though I've maxed everything out at this point, so I think I'll start trying some hard runs. Mainly I was just finding which ship/play style I liked the most. I think the scout is pretty much what I'm best at.

The mainframe override says chance of success 90% at mk.3 but I find it fails frequently. Way to frequently to be truly 90% so I'm wondering how the resistance to it stacks? Weird.
  • ROCKFISH_MarcoROCKFISH_Marco Posts: 38Moderator
    > @boostedmedic said:
    > I play on normal, though I've maxed everything out at this point, so I think I'll start trying some hard runs. Mainly I was just finding which ship/play style I liked the most. I think the scout is pretty much what I'm best at.
    >
    > The mainframe override says chance of success 90% at mk.3 but I find it fails frequently. Way to frequently to be truly 90% so I'm wondering how the resistance to it stacks? Weird.

It's 90% against enemies with 0.0 resistance. The real success chance declines with increasing resistance:

Chance = BaseChance * (1.0 - Resistance)

(Assuming that percentages are 0-1 float values)
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    edited May 2017

It's 90% against enemies with 0.0 resistance. The real success chance declines with increasing resistance:

Chance = BaseChance * (1.0 - Resistance)

(Assuming that percentages are 0-1 float values)

Thanks for the info-drop! Is there any way to know the enemy resistance, or is it strictly secret data in the game files?
  • ROCKFISH_MarcoROCKFISH_Marco Posts: 38Moderator
    Currently there's no way to see the exact values unfortunately. Here's a vague approximation though:

Drones: 0.0 - 0.05
    Fighters: 0.05 - 0.3
    Heavy Fighters: 0.3 - 0.6
    Warships: 0.9-1.0

Being "Elite" adds 0.5 to the resistance up to a max of 0.9 (unless the initial value is higher than that).