Crash report for Xbox One on 0.4.2.30747

V1cTV1cT Posts: 7Member
edited March 2017 in Crash Reports
I have two crashes extremely close together after updating the Xbox version.

First was roughly 5 minutes after resuming a run from a previous version in a Scout, the game crashed back to the dash with a loud buzzing noise after opening my in game menu window.

The second was 5 minutes after starting a new run in a gunship: Another hard crash to the dash after swapping a module with one floating in space and trying to scrap the discarded module.

Also, not a crash report, but the framerate really dips in the latest version in some sectors. I know optimization is the last thing that happens, just mentioning it. It may give some people headaches.

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    I think the optimization of the new derelict stations is something that could use improvement, as I've noticed a little bit of fps loss in and around these new structures.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,085Moderator
    Thanks for reporting, on my last playtest on the xbox I, too had about 2 crashes in 5 hours of playtime. Could not tell what was causing them, too. If anyone finds a reproducable crash, please let us know!

Regarding the performance: Yes, unfortunately the framerate drops considerably inside large asteroids and colonial stations. Interiors are quite heavy on the collision checks, hopefully we can improve this. May I ask if you encountered any drops when fighting Drone Carriers on Xbox One? Because there used to be quite big frame drops and I'm not sure if we managed to fix the problem in this build or not. I do know, though, that we did a few tweaks to the xbox version just last week which are not in this patch but gave a noticeable performance boost. So I'm sure the performance will be better with the next patch.

• V1cTV1cT Posts: 7Member
    edited March 2017
    > @ROCKFISH_Andi said:
    "May I ask if you encountered any drops when fighting Drone Carriers on Xbox One? Because there used to be quite big frame drops and I'm not sure if we managed to fix the problem in this build or not."

Actually, I did run into a drone carrier last night. I couldnt kill it due to the framerate dipping down to below 5 FPS. I notice a drop in frames when using a shield charge drone, too. It may be related to the linking effect, but Im not sure. The frame drops when fighting the carrier were seemingly at random, but they did get worse the closer I got.

Also, the game seems to crash sometimes when closing a menu overlay, such as when checking your equipment or comparing a module floating in space.
    edited March 2017
    An update on the drone carrier framerate bug:
    I just killed the one I was having trouble with this morning. There was a drop, but it wasnt as bad as it was last night. The carrier last night was also stuck on an asteroid, not sure if that is related.

Edit: Just ran into another. The framerate was awful in this large, open sector, and when its shield recharge beat my torpedo, the framerate tanked. Shooting its shield causes a massive choke in framerate. Killing it restored the framerate somewhat, to which the game promptly crashed when I opened my menu to pause and type this. Hah.

I can confirm that drone carriers cause framerate issues and closing the in game ship management menu causes a hard crash.
  • syncronxsyncronx Saarlouis, GermanyPosts: 20Member
    Hello.
    On Xbox One
    I bought the game in the xbox marketplace for 30€.
    I know the game is under development.
    But iit is not acceptable that the game will freeze or crashed every five minutes.

Above all, my xbox makes noises that i do not like at all.
    MfG Frank
    Germany
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    Thank you for the detailed feedback report @V1cT ; the team will definitely be looking into this with urgency for optimizing.

@syncronx , that is most unfortunate. As you said, the game is still under development so these things do happen. And thankfully the team is aware of this situation and is working to correct this issue.

Out of curiosity, what type of noises is your XBox making? Does it sound like it's overworking, or are you talking about audio sounds coming from the game?
    syncronx said:

But iit is not acceptable that the game will freeze or crashed every five minutes.

My apologies! I hope that you're exaggerating a bit, when I last tested it I had about 2 crashes in 5 hours like mentioned above. There definitely seems to be a problem with derelict colonial stations. I had a crash there, too and we've received other reports as well. I would stay clear of these in the meantime. Sorry about this, we'll investigate.

About the noises.. Do they happen while playing or after the xbox froze?

The crashes when closing the UI seem to be random. Ive had 2 in 3 hours, then all of a sudden I had 3 more in 15 minutes.
    edited March 2017
    Recorded with smartphone.
    Crashing xbox one.
    Every 5 minutes.
    Most leaving craft menu...

edited March 2017
    Stay out of the space stations until they are fixed. However, the crashing seems to happen less frequently even when they dont spawn.
    @syncronx - Thanks for the video, the crashes inside/close to the stations are easily reproducable (they don't happen in all stations, but quite regularly) - Unfortunately we have not found the reason, yet. It's a GPU crash which makes it even harder to find, especially since there is a lot going on inside these stations. Do you have any more info on the other crashes (not close to the station). There have been reports that they happen when UI windows are closed

To all xbox players: Sorry about the crashes, please steer away from derelict colonial stations until we released the next patch, we're trying to find the problem
  • DarthFlatWhiteDarthFlatWhite Posts: 31Member
    Some Feedback on the crashes for Xbox:
    Did see crashes with the derelict stations, but if that is a known issue, ok
    Did see very low FPS with drone carriers, but no crashes. One drone carrier however was actually playable and killable, so its not all the time

I've had probably 10 other crashes with elements which are much the same as prior to the patch (hence back on 0.2 for me), crashes have happened:
    Crafting sensors in the menu
    Exiting a Service Station after buying fuel
    Normal flight in an empty sector

The vast majority (maybe all) have been with the Scout, which was the main ship I used on 0.2, so it isn't a Gunship issue etc.

It is worth noting while some crashes have been return to home screen crashes, some have rebooted the entire Xbox which makes me think it was essentially a BSOD rather than a userspace crash.

So, I'd bet the issue is some sort of issue introduced with the engine upgrade

I don't know if the RF guys get any telemetry from these crashes, if not, is there any way we can provide any stack trace etc. data to help narrow the issues?
    edited March 2017
    > @DarthFlatWhite said:
    > Some Feedback on the crashes for Xbox:
    > Did see crashes with the derelict stations, but if that is a known issue, ok
    > Did see very low FPS with drone carriers, but no crashes. One drone carrier however was actually playable and killable, so its not all the time
    >

It's so..
    Is the carrier in the system then runs as good as nothing.
    I've recorded it

Beside, the Videos are not listet on youtube...
    Cya
    syncronx said:

Is the carrier in the system then runs as good as nothing.

I've recorded it

Thanks for the video, we're trying hard to find out what's wrong with this thing (the problem does not occur on PC).

Also, since you seemed to have played a lot. Do you have any more info on the random crashes (not station related and not related to picking up devices with modes installed from your shipwreck). I mean the ones that apparently happen when closing UI windows - how often do they happen and in which situations?

Thanks for all your help!

Spricht ihr Deutsch dann kann ich es besser beschreiben und ausführlicher.
    Mein Englisch ist nicht so gut...
    99% dieser Spielabstürze die nicht mit den Strukturen zu tun haben stehen in Verbindung mit dem Crafting Menü.
    Und es ist unterschiedlich.
    Entweder wenn man es aufruft
    Ein neues Teil produziert
    Ein Teil verschrottet..
    ect..
    Dann gibt es einen Fehler beim Schließen des Menüs.
    Hierzu der Screenshot

-----

Das Spiel stürzt expliziert ab und startet sich neu wenn man folgendes tut..
    ( mache nachher noch ein Video hierzu )

Wenn Ich versuche modifizierte bzw. verbesserte Equipmentteile aus meinem Wrack in das neue Schiff einzubauen wie z.B. einen Schutzschild.
    Das betrifft nicht unmodifizierte und auch nicht die Waffen ob modifiziert oder nicht.
    Her is the gamecrash Video.

Try to swap equipment from my shipwreck.

Switch modifiziert weapon or non modified = ok

Switch non modified devices =ok

Switch modifiziert devices = crash
    (E.g. weapon overdrive)

Try to salvage the modifiziert device from shipwreck, it's the same.
    The game crashed. ..
    Cya

syncronx said:

99% dieser Spielabstürze die nicht mit den Strukturen zu tun haben stehen in Verbindung mit dem Crafting Menü.

Und es ist unterschiedlich.

Entweder wenn man es aufruft

Ein neues Teil produziert

Ein Teil verschrottet..

ect..

Dann gibt es einen Fehler beim Schließen des Menüs.

Hierzu der Screenshot

-----

Das Spiel stürzt expliziert ab und startet sich neu wenn man folgendes tut..

( mache nachher noch ein Video hierzu )

Wenn Ich versuche modifizierte bzw. verbesserte Equipmentteile aus meinem Wrack in das neue Schiff einzubauen wie z.B. einen Schutzschild.

Das betrifft nicht unmodifizierte und auch nicht die Waffen ob modifiziert oder nicht.

Vielen lieben Dank für den großen Einsatz! Das ist ja sicher gerade sehr anstrengend auf der Xbox.

Hier der aktuelle Stand der Dinge:

Folgende Bugs haben wir bisher elimineren können:
    - Devices mit Mods aus dem eigenen Schiffswrack einsammeln (genau richtig erkannt!)
    - Aus dem Item-Action-Menü (Build new, Equip, Use...) zu weit nach unten oder oben navigieren (wie auf dem Screenshot)
    - Abstürze bei den Stationen
    - Es gibt noch einen Fehler, wenn man auf der Map bei der Auswahl des Sprungziels den Knopf zum Öffnen des Equipment Menüs drückt (auf keinen Fall machen, evtl. ist dann sogar der Run hinüber)

Wir haben eine Spur bei den Performance Problemen des Drone Carrier, werden vermutlich bald lösen können.

Bei den zufälligen Abstürzen beim Schließen von Menü-Fenstern haben wir bisher leider keine Spur.
    Mir ist da noch was aufgefallen.
    Betrifft die Strukturen im All.
    Einige konnte ich ohne üblen Crash abarbeiten und Subrutienen bergen.
    Bei bestimmten Strukturen ist es nicht möglich (halt crash).

Hier ein Screenshot, Übersicht von meinen Enhsncements.
    Ist es Zufall das ich alle Subrutienen geborgen habe, aber keine der Glyphs?

Betrifft es vielleicht genau die Strukturen die Glyphs enthalten?
    cu
    Ich weis nicht ob dss etwas hiermit zu tun hat, aber bei den zufälligen abstürzen ( das Spiel wird geschlossen ) ,
    ist mir aufgefallen, das die Xbox kurzfristig den Lüfter äußert extrem hochfährt für einige Sekunden.
    cu
    syncronx said:

Mir ist da noch was aufgefallen.

Betrifft die Strukturen im All.

Einige konnte ich ohne üblen Crash abarbeiten und Subrutienen bergen.

Bei bestimmten Strukturen ist es nicht möglich (halt crash).

Ja, haben wir auch so erkannt, bei einigen Stationen gibt es keine Probleme. Wir haben die Stationen generell was Effekte etc. angeht reduziert und seitdem auch keinen Crash mehr auf der Xbox. Anscheinend war das irgendwas "zu viel", was auch nicht in jeder Station vorkommt (da ist auch generell viel Zufall enthalten)
    syncronx said:

Betrifft es vielleicht genau die Strukturen die Glyphs enthalten?

Glyphs sind noch nicht im Spiel. Diese werden wohl mit dem nächsten Patch kommen und woanders zu finden sein. Welche Sub-Routine man zurzeit erhält ist Zufall (aber gewichtet, einige sind seltener/wertvoller als andere)
    Wann kommt das update in etwa für die Xbox one?
    Ich würd endlich gern mal in die Strukturen fliegen können ohne Crash..
    :-)
    syncronx said:

Wann kommt das update in etwa für die Xbox one?

Ich würd endlich gern mal in die Strukturen fliegen können ohne Crash..

:-)

Verständlich, leider wird da wohl noch ein wenig Geduld gefragt sein. Wir konnten zum Glück bereits einige der Bugs fixen, aber sind noch auf der Suche nach den übrigen und wollen ein paar neue Features fertigstellen, die gerade in Arbeit sind. Wenn ich eine vorsichtige Schätzung abegben müsste: Nächstes Update irgendwann 3. oder 4. Aprilwoche, aber wir können da nichts versprechen.
    Ich schreibe das hier in deutsch weil mein Englisch nicht so gut ist.
    Spielsystem Xbox one.
    Das Spiel friert am laufenden Band ein oder die Xbox crasht.
    Mit dem crafting Menü stimmt einiges nicht.
    Rufe ich im All dieses Menü auf friert das Spiel meistens ein wenn ich ein Equipment Teil produzieren oder austauschen will.
    In der Nähe oder in Strukturen Crash die Xbox so dermaßen dass ich die Xbox von dem Strom trennen muss um sie anschließend neu starten zu können.
    Und das ist nicht gut für die Hardware wie jeder weiß.
    Anbei einige Screenshots vom einfrieren des Spiels während des Aufrufes des crafting Menü.
    Mfg Frank

----'

Gameplay und Game-Mechanik.

Nebenbei,
    ich habe ich alle Blueprints erhalten und alle Schiffe komplett aufgerüstet.
    Es gibt für mich vom Gameplay her keinen Grund in den siebten Sektor ein zu fliegen da ist dort keine Credits gibt und ich die erhaltenen Ressourcen nicht mit in die nächste Runde nehmen kann.

Wie wäre es wenn man nach Abschluss des siebten Sektor die Ressourcen mit in die nächste Runde nehmen kann diese aber dann richtig hart wird.
    Cya
    edited May 2017
    syncronx said:

Spielsystem Xbox one.

Das Spiel friert am laufenden Band ein oder die Xbox crasht.

Mit dem crafting Menü stimmt einiges nicht.

Rufe ich im All dieses Menü auf friert das Spiel meistens ein wenn ich ein Equipment Teil produzieren oder austauschen will.

In der Nähe oder in Strukturen Crash die Xbox so dermaßen dass ich die Xbox von dem Strom trennen muss um sie anschließend neu starten zu können.

Und das ist nicht gut für die Hardware wie jeder weiß.

Anbei einige Screenshots vom einfrieren des Spiels während des Aufrufes des crafting Menü.

Mfg Frank

Hallo Frank,

sorry, was die Crashes betrifft. Ist das alles in der aktuellen version 0.7? Ich frage insbesondere was die Crashes bei den Strukturen angeht - die gab es ja in 0.4 sehr regelmäßig und bei unseren Tests sind sie in 0.7 nicht mehr aufgetreten. Sind die Strukturen die verlassenen Kolonialstationen, in denen man hinter verschlossenene Türen die Sub-Routines findet? Oder auch andere?

Ich kann leider keine Screenshots sehen, könntest du sie vielleicht erneut hochladen bzw. anhängen?
    syncronx said:

Wie wäre es wenn man nach Abschluss des siebten Sektor die Ressourcen mit in die nächste Runde nehmen kann diese aber dann richtig hart wird.

Cya

Das wäre in der Tat nett - so eine Art "New Game Plus". Darüber haben wir auch schon nachgedacht. Das würde jedoch einige Zeit in Anspruch nehmen - ich sage mal stand heute, dass es unwahrscheinlich ist, das wir so etwas machen werden. Am 26. Mai gehen wir in den Full Release, danach werden wir noch mindestens ein kostenfreies Update mit dem versprochenen "Hardcore Mode" liefern - der dürfte dann jedenfalls noch eine Herausforderung für alle Spieler sein, die sonst schon alles durchgespielt haben.