Lets talk about the Campaign

CapAllanCapAllan Posts: 7Member
So one of the things that I simply loved about Galaxy on Fire 2 is the fact that you can roam between planets, shoot people if you want to and the story was pretty nice as well! Now I do understand that Everspace is not like GOF2 and it needn't be. But I was still wondering as to how the devs intend to implement the story into the game. Will it be a separate mode? Will it be dropped in game like bits and pieces of dialogue? I seriously hope that the campaign is a separate mode and that we'll be able to keep the rogue part of the game as it is in a way.

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    edited March 2017
    From the Kickstarter, we know that the story will be presented in a non-linear fashion, so meeting NPCs along the way and choosing how you interact with them will have an impact on how the story unfolds. I don't think there are plans on multiple branching paths, but the team has surprised me before and I'd love to be wrong in this regard. :smiley:

One additional mode is in the works, as well. The hardcore mode will challenge a pilot, granting them the ability to dive straight into the core of the game. I'm fairly certain this mode won't be tied to the overarching story, though.

So, to answer your questions directly:
    The non-linear story mode develops with every run, meeting new NPCs, learning about the universe and completing objectives. A hardcore permadeath mode will be available for gameplay-seeking enthusiasts.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,102Moderator
    edited March 2017
    The story will be integrated in the "standard game mode" and told via flashbacks and encounters.
  • WjndWalk3rWjndWalk3r Posts: 13Member
    edited March 2017

From the Kickstarter, we know that the story will be presented in a non-linear fashion, so meeting NPCs along the way and choosing how you interact with them will have an impact on how the story unfolds. I don't think there are plans on multiple branching paths, but the team has surprised me before and I'd love to be wrong in this regard. :smiley:

One additional mode is in the works, as well. The hardcore mode will challenge a pilot, granting them the ability to dive straight into the core of the game. I'm fairly certain this mode won't be tied to the overarching story, though.

So, to answer your questions directly:
    The non-linear story mode develops with every run, meeting new NPCs, learning about the universe and completing objectives. A hardcore permadeath mode will be available for gameplay-seeking enthusiasts.

Isn't it already permadeath between every game ? xD