Release on Xbox One (Game Preview)

Comments

• dreampagedreampage Posts: 15Member
    This is Game Preview so I think setbacks like this can be expected. There's nothing wrong with it, I hope the developers will be able to fix all the problems and when the game releases in full there won't be any problems like this anymore. :)
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,102Moderator
    Unfortunately we have to release the windows store and xbox version simultaneously because of the Xbox play anywhere feature (save game compatibility). So if there is a problem with one platform the other one gets delayed.
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 373Administrator
    Finally, update v0.2 is out on X1 and on the Windows Store. Thanks for your patience!
  • Bl4ckSh33pBl4ckSh33p GermanyPosts: 25Member
    edited December 2016
    Downloading 4.6 GB Update right now. B)
  • Dying GaspDying Gasp Posts: 13Member

Finally, update v0.2 is out on X1 and on the Windows Store. Thanks for your patience!

Great news. Looking forward to trying it.
    Just a quick bug report (I don't know if there is a better place in the forum to do it): the Codex doesn't work in the 0.2 at all. I can't choose or scroll anything, the Codex menu is completely static. (Xbox One)
  • DarthFlatWhiteDarthFlatWhite Posts: 32Member
    > @dreampage said:
    > Just a quick bug report (I don't know if there is a better place in the forum to do it): the Codex doesn't work in the 0.2 at all. I can't choose or scroll anything, the Codex menu is completely static. (Xbox One)

Use codex menu when flying, that one works.
  • NavyAICSNavyAICS Posts: 7Member
    I'm new to this game (just bought the "game preview" a few days ago) and I'm new to XB1. First, let me start with the "good":
    1. I like this game very much and look forward to the final release! The graphics are spectacular, the music is pretty good too.
    2. The menu system took a little bit to figure out, but once I did, much better gameplay.
    3. I love the ability to explore and check out all the nooks and crannies of a sector (until you stay too long and get a beat down from enemies or those stupid battleships that suddenly jump in on top of you).
    4. The random changes in sector each time you leave the hangar is an interesting approach. That's a fresh idea I haven't seen before. Well done.

The "others" (or not-so-goods):
    1. The flight controls are a real challenge for me since I used to strictly be a "PC Gamer" with a joystick and having to only use the XB1 controller is proving rather difficult.
    Recommendation: None. I'm a newb, I'll get over it eventually.
    2. Combat is a real challenge as the enemies don't "fly-by-wire" the same way I do. They turn on a dime and boost off screen before I can line them up and put 'em in my crosshairs.
    Recommendation: I know this game has been in development for a long time, but the AI enemies shouldn't be so difficult to kill, especially when you have a basic ship, just starting out, and barebones weapons. Perhaps, fly more aggressively the higher the sector you achieve.
    3. The idea of "forcing" me to spend all my credits before leaving the hanger and not allowing me to save up is ridiculous and I've never played a game like that before.
    Recommendation: Don't force me to spend it all. I'd like to save up for something special, especially getting a beat down in Sector 1 and only making about 500 credits.
    4. Is there any plan to allow for "save" or "save at checkpoint" or do I have to start at Sector 1 EVERY TIME I DIE (which happens WAY too much)? Even in "Low Risk" sectors I get a good beat down and what's with the enemy battleships that randomly jump into the sector right on top of me? I don't bother running anymore. I just sit there and let them kill me since there's not point in running... I'm just prolonging the inevitable.
    Recommendation: Going back to Sector 1 all over again is painful and almost makes me want to quit playing the game. I paid money to play this game and I will force myself to play it. Is it even possible to "save as you go"? Is there a reason you have to start at Sector 1 all over again?
    5. How can I become friends with G&B or ask them to help me with the 10 enemies on my 6? Are there any other factions out there other than the 2 enemy groups and G&B?
    Recommendation: Provide a way to earn friendship or, at least, call out for help. I've flown near some G&B fighters and they completely ignored the fact that I was getting a beat down, but in other instances, they jumped right in and helped me out. Doesn't make sense.
    6. Every sector should have fuel in it without having to get a beat down from G&B attempting to steal theirs.
    Recommendation: Add more "free" fuel, either by mining it or getting a some from every kill.

I know I'm new to the game and I don't want to sound like I'm just complaining to complain. I really do have high hopes for this game and look forward to the final release. If I've posted this in the wrong section, please feel free to move it where it needs to be.
    I truly hope more XB1 players find this game as fun as I did (even when I wanted to crush my controller) and purchase it to help support Rockfish (didn't you guys also make Galaxy on Fire 2 for Android? Great game! If not, my bad.)
    Keep up the great work!!! Have a Happy (and successful) New Year!
    -NavyAICS.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    edited January 2017
    @NavyAICS , first and foremost I'd like to thank you for your feedback; it is really cool you took the time writing this post, and your passion shows.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but several of your not-so-goods (specifically 2, 3 and 4) are regular features found in most roguelike and rogue-lite experiences and are intentionally designed into Everspace as they are. The idea is to start every game from very little and become a force to be reckoned with, all in one run. The fact that ANY credits carry over at all is a bonus, along with finding blueprints to add to your crafting options. Higher Perk costs require staying alive in runs longer, and "saving up" would be counter-intuitive to this design.

That said, the game creates a temporary save after every jump. So if you need to walk away from the game, you can do so any time. When you return, you'll begin at the last jump you made. Dying removes the save intentionally; every run is meant to start from the very beginning.

In regards to number 5, I think you'll find some beneficial Perks were added in v0.3 that align with exactly what you're asking for.
  • NavyAICSNavyAICS Posts: 7Member

@NavyAICS , first and foremost I'd like to thank you for your feedback; it is really cool you took the time writing this post, and your passion shows.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but several of your not-so-goods (specifically 2, 3 and 4) are regular features found in most roguelike and rogue-lite experiences and are intentionally designed into Everspace as they are.

In regards to number 5, I think you'll find some beneficial Perks were added in v0.3 that align with exactly what you're asking for.

@Giraffasaur, you are most welcome and I firmly believe if I'm going to complain, I better come with a resolution (or a recommendation) or else keep my complaints to myself. On a happy note, I've gone through quite a few threads within this forum and I have a MUCH better understanding of this game and its intent. I had no idea what a "rogue-like" experience was (or didn't know that's what it was called). Becoming more familiar with the gameplay puts this game into a better perspective and I think I can go back to really enjoying the game as intended.

It's too early to tell if this genre of game is for me so, for now, I'll keep playing and enjoy the beautiful scenery and music!
    -NavyAICS.
  • pierrotpierrot Posts: 1Member
    hi
    is there a trial version on windows store ?
    i only see buying option
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,102Moderator
    pierrot said:

hi
    is there a trial version on windows store ?
    i only see buying option

The trial version was temporarily disabled, as it was constantly crashing (only the trial version as something was buggy about the trial check). I think the problem has been taken care of now, and it should be re-activated in a few days.
    When can we expect Xbox Live Achievements in the game? Currently the game has none of them. Is it something that will be available only when the full game is released?
    dreampage said:

When can we expect Xbox Live Achievements in the game? Currently the game has none of them. Is it something that will be available only when the full game is released?

This is a good question, though most Early Access titles have it to where achievements are not available until the full release. With an anticipated launch in the next couple months (Q2 2017), we won't have to wait much longer to start going for them in Everspace.
  • Thanks for the information!
  • DarkBoltDarkBolt Posts: 20Member
    EVERSPACE FORUM
    NavyAICS
    Username
    NavyAICS
    Visits
    Last Active
    January 4
    Roles
    Badges
    Reactions

Activity

Add Comment
    DarkBolt
    DarkBolt → NavyAICS
    And I forgot the second thing altogether...thinking...OH! Check your difficulty setting if it's your first time through...sector 1 is super simple to get through on easy. It helps you acquire a few things and get some practice. And- if you hear a loud alarm go off inside your ship- it means bad guys are about to warp in. This happens after you have been in an area for x amount of time. No biggie. If you want to fight them go for it. HOWEVER- that loud alarm warning you of them- is also a warning that capital ships will soon follow. Fighting the small guys is a gamble depending on your ship's strength and current level and experience. But if the big guys warp in it's back to the hangar. They WILL kill you...unless you are able to warp away.
    Flag · Like
    2:48PM Comment
    DarkBolt
    DarkBolt → NavyAICS
    - I read one of your posts (the good...the not so good) and there may be one thing I can help with...maybe 2. First- I didn't notice a specific answer to your dilemma of enemy ships zooming all over and you not being able to get a fix at times. I only skimmed too, so I may have missed it. But I will just come out with it. Don't get too stressed about being new. XBox One is awesome when you get the hang of it. So is Everspace. You may not have realized it- but both your thumsticks are also buttons. If you see an enemy in the distance you can click your right thumbstick, and your ship will "lock on" to that enemy. When that enemy is within your weapon's range, the "lock-on circles" will change and the center circle will thicken, and start slowly spinning around. Fire. And if your aiming reticle is very close to a ship's "lock-on circles" but not quite- the game helps you out. At least on easy and normal difficulty.
    Flag · Like
    2:38PM Comment
    edited February 2017
    Everspace update v0.4 SOON.
    Reminder: This update will be for ALL current platforms.

And YAY for more interior spaces!

• Ohlordlylord555Ohlordlylord555 Posts: 14Member
    I'm loving the game preview thus far and cant wait for the full game experience. When can we expect the full game release and will there be more updates to the preview to keep us interested until then? Multiplayer would be awesome for a great game like this. I see some people complain about being able to kill A.I. so easy but I bet they wouldn't have those same complaints if they were fighting agianst an actual person. Will there be a multiplayer mode in or ever added to the Full Game Release or the Game preview?
    edited April 2017
    Hello @Ohlordlylord555 ! I'm glad you're excited about the Evrspace experience.

I can assure you that there are a few more updates to the Game Preview, and (if all goes well) should be quite soon! Everspace was designed as a Single Player experience from the ground up, so it would be too much time and energy to alter the game into multiplayer, especially on the current development cycle. The full release is scheduled for this year, and I believe the last public mentioning of it was Q2 2017. If all goes well, that's not too far away.

Don't let the lack of multiplayer discourage you, either; the team has playfully alluded to a multiplayer Everspace 2 if the desire is great enough. We can't confirm this will actually happen, of course, but it is something to note! Tell your buddies about Everspace and get them involved in the community and start some buzz about it; the more people ask, the greater the chances will be. ;-)

Additionally, the idea of DLC has been thrown around a little bit as well, so it's possible that more items may trickle into the game after release. Again, I can't confirm anything, but I know the focus is on finalizing the game FIRST.

Thank you for your questions!
    Ok, thats awesome. I can't wait for the new updates and The full game release.

I really appreciate an indepth single player game and this one may become my favorite. Co-op or multiplayer would be a great fit for this game and in the Xbox Community Multiplayer is really huge right now an growing. This is and will be the best Spaceship fighter/explorer game on Xbox One to date. Will there be a story mode and or more bounties?

The Unreal Engine is Awesomeness.
    edited April 2017

Will there be a story mode and or more bounties?

The initial plan since the Kickstarter is to incorporate a non-linear styled story mode, and it's to my understanding this is still the intent of the developers. Bounties are somewhat rare but I think this is intentional; other small missions pop up from time to time randomly during your runs.

In addition, there will eventually be a hardcore mode added to the game that sets the story aside, putting all the attention on the action. :smiley:
    Yes, a non-linear style story line would be pretty cool. I like the idea of being able to take different paths to achieve your goals.

Hardcore sounds exciting so i know there's a lot more to come.

Since its a rogue like shooter more Bounties and Quest would be good for a non-linear styled story mode or a bounty hunter mode.
    In any game mode will you be able to hire/recruit any Npc's as a wing man or to create your own squadron?

In any game mode will you be able to hire/recruit any Npc's as a wing man or to create your own squadron?

One of the Perks allows you to better your reputation with a faction within the game, having them aid you in times of need from time to time. Additionally, the player can have active Drones that may provide additional firepower, defensive abilities or utility during their missions.

Most of the story is being withheld until release, so I can't speak toward hired NPCs. That said, I think it's unlikely as the focus is on a single pilot's mission to get to a specific location as opposed to a fleet.
    Ok sweet, thanks for all the quick responses and intel. Being able to converse with a live person is becoming less of a rare occasion now a days and much appreciated.
    It's my pleasure; please let us know if you have any more questions, or feedback from playing Everspace! We've always got an eye and an ear out there.
  • stmike02stmike02 Posts: 2Member
    I just bought the game preview last week. When is the full version getting released to Xbox 1. It seams like the date keeps getting pushed out.
  • stmike02stmike02 Posts: 2Member
    I just bought the game preview last week. When is the full version getting released to Xbox 1. It seams like the date keeps getting pushed out
    stmike02 said:

I just bought the game preview last week. When is the full version getting released to Xbox 1. It seams like the date keeps getting pushed out

You don't have to wait long: The full release for both PC and XBox is May 26th!
  • NpactNpact Posts: 3Member
    If I purchased the game preview am I set for release?
    Npact said:

If I purchased the game preview am I set for release?

Yes you are; everything will update when the full release hits!