Update 0.3.0.29930

ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,064Moderator
edited March 2017 in NEWS
We've just released a new update on Steam and GOG (Mac on GOG is slightly delayed, but will hit soon). Highlights include the 3rd player ship and an overhaul of the perk system. Have fun playing!

New Features
  • Added new player ship: Colonial Gunship
  • Added new enemy: Outlaw Drone Carrier
  • Perks overhaul: Divided into pilot perks and individual ship perks
  • Added new perks: Trading and Diplomacy
  • Attacking G&B can result in them reporting your attack and them being hostile in the current and next location
  • Added two new natural hazards
  • Added new point of interest: Freighter Wreck
  • Added more structures
  • Added option to set a flag for equipment to ignore it when switching to next/previous equipment
  • Added hall of fame that keeps track of your completed runs
  • Added backer-written logbook entries
  • Added new planet type
Tweaks
  • Interceptor and Gunship now have armor which reduces hull damage by 10% and 20% (what the Hull Enhancer used to do, but doesn't require a device slot)
  • Renamed "Hull Enhancer" to "Adaptive Armor"
  • Service stations now only offer one option unless perked with Trading perk
  • FOV is now being slightly increased while boosting
  • Slightly tweaked threat levels
  • Slightly decreased Stasis Missile effect duration
  • Added Weapon Overdrive blueprint to startup blueprints
  • Introduced a drone limit of 1. Can be perked to 3 for gunship.
  • Reduced ore pickup amount
  • Reduced explosion impulse strength
  • Increased grey goo NPC speed
  • Slightly reduced Coil Gun spread
  • Removed all shield related perks
  • Removed "store credits" perk
  • Made sensor range perk scout exclusive
  • Made jump charge duration perk scout exclusive
  • Tweaked perks for stronger differentiation between ships
  • Added more ship class restrictions for equipment
  • Proximity mines will no longer react to ships of their own faction
  • Tweaked Mine Cluster behavior
  • Tweaked jump drive animation
  • Damage indicator vignette and camera shake strength now depend on the amount of health left
  • Okkar Corvettes MK 1 can now come with jump suppressors, Okkar Corvettes MK 2 now won't always carry jump suppressors
  • Prevent more than 2 jump suppressors being active at the same time
  • Nano Injectors will now consider the nano bot efficiency
  • Increased Flak Cannon II damage
  • Increased Weapon Overdrive efficiency
  • HUD equipment slot tweaks: Display currently active devices with green glow, give currently non-usable equipment red shading
  • Energized Boost Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3 now have the same duration but increased boost multiplier
  • Slightly improved Shock Rifle II stats
  • Added warning and alert sound when close to black hole
  • Aim assist now works with proximity mines and missiles
  • The "Devastator" sub-routine now reduces the energy recharge rate rather than allocating energy
Bugfixes
  • Fixed a bug where wrong consumable icon was displayed in pickup compare screen
  • Fixed wrong consumable and secondary weapon amounts being shown in player equipment slots of compare screen
  • Fixed devices with 4 pre-installed mods being spawned
  • Fixed sun flares not affecting cloaked ships
  • Fixed sun flares pushing bigger ships out of level bounds
  • Fixed spread mods not being available for Coil Guns
  • Fixed premature uncloaking while charging weapons
  • Fixed pilot seat clipping/blocking view when playing in 1st person view in ultra-wide
  • Fixed inverted mouse x and y not working when playing with centered crosshair
  • Fixed perked critical hit chance not being regarded for right-hand item in compare screen
  • Fixed trader not offering credits anymore (but needs a perk now)
  • Fixed ships sometimes having damage in hangar
  • Fixed current ship name not correctly displayed in ingame menu
  • Fixed Outlaw Sniper not uncloaking when attacked with explosive weapons
  • Fixed nano bots not being removed in generic freighter repair mission

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    I'm excited to try out these new features this weekend. Thanks for the drop!
  • ZayneAsheZayneAshe Posts: 4Member
    Awesome
  • ForavenForaven Posts: 116Member
    Yup, lots of stuff in this one :smile: .
  • Bl4ckSh33pBl4ckSh33p GermanyPosts: 25Member
    Xbox soon?
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 373Administrator

Xbox soon?

As soon as possible, literally!

edited December 2016
    V2 still missing Last Time i checked. Hope it works this time. Aaaah. Adding smiley deletes text below on mobile. Btw will there be a perk reset with this revamp or later?
  • StarfishStarfish Posts: 4Common Beta Backer, Customer
    edited December 2016
    Nice update! All I'm missing is a weapon / natural hazard that behaves and sounds like this seismic charge from Star Wars :) https://youtube.com/watch?v=erFcYsC6JaY
    edited December 2016
    Just checked. Xbox is still on 1.4. :neutral:
    And WinStore is 1.7.0.

I can confirm that the "Scout Update" is with CERT for testing. Stay tuned.
  • ImpersonatrImpersonatr Oregon, USAPosts: 5Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    Well I know what I'm doing this weekend! Agh, why did I have to see this an hour before class though?!

Well I know what I'm doing this weekend! Agh, why did I have to see this an hour before class though?!

Man you better stay home with that cough you've got there... :D
  • ImpersonatrImpersonatr Oregon, USAPosts: 5Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog

Man you better stay home with that cough you've got there... :D

Oh how I wish I could... last class of the term though, proooobably not one I'd want to miss!
    @Impersonatr good call. While games are a blast, it's definitely better to focus on what needs to be done first. Glad you know I'm just joking around ;-)

Good luck in your class, and know that Everspace will be waiting when you get home ;-)
  • ZoritaZorita Posts: 19Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Warrior
    Yeah, new content for this already-awesome game ! :D 'm really proud to believe in this Project ! can't wait to see more !
  • Dying GaspDying Gasp Posts: 13Member
    edited December 2016

I can confirm that the "Scout Update" is with CERT for testing. Stay tuned.
    If Scout update is still in testing, how long before the Xbox sees this new update?
    Fingers crossed that we will be able to release it within the next few days!
  • Dying GaspDying Gasp Posts: 13Member

Fingers crossed that we will be able to release it within the next few days!

Hi Michael, good to hear the Scout update is inbound, looking forward to it.

I actually meant the 3rd update, the one with the 3rd ship. I would expect that will have to go through the same testing procedure, so is it likely to be delayed like the Scout update?
    edited December 2016
    We cannot say when v0.3 will be released on Xbox. There are quite a few technical implications. If things go smooth it might happen this year but no promises at this point.
    edited December 2016
    I hope it's possible this year. I check for new update 10+ times a day. (Btw the smiley selection is out of screen on mobile and using built in smileys breaks it. Text afterwards is removed. )
  • dreampagedreampage Posts: 15Member
    edited December 2016
    It's quite unfortunate that the PC and Xbox versions are so out of sync. We're still waiting for 0.2 while PC already has 0.3. Is there a chance in the future that the two versions will become in sync? (Of course, I know that there is a chance, what I mean is whether there are plans for the Xbox version to catch up. :) )
  • SteamBrainsSteamBrains Posts: 72Space Cat
    @ROCKFISH_Michael would you be able to direct me to a feedback thread? Or do the rockfish folks prefer it emailed?
    Btw loving the update so far, it's so much fun. Side note has anyone experienced dizyness after playing? It's weird it doesent usually happen to me for space games, but for some reason Everspace has had me dizy all day. Still super fun though :P
    edited December 2016

Side note has anyone experienced dizyness after playing? It's weird it doesent usually happen to me for space games, but for some reason Everspace has had me dizy all day. Still super fun though :P

Might try deactivating the Camera Shaking and Vibration from the menu options.
  • SteamBrainsSteamBrains Posts: 72Space Cat
    I realized Dizyness wasn't related to the game, I believe I was a bit dehydrated, thank you though @Giraffasaur
  • Raptor95662Raptor95662 Posts: 21Customer
    Not a fan of you nerfing the shield upgrades.. I like to brawl and not run so allowing that to stay per ship would have been cool.
  • LegionnistLegionnist Posts: 5Member
    This update pretty much killed the game for me. I had many games worth of shield upgrades and this was pretty much the only thing that let me tank some of these overwhelming fights. Now the shields are so low they disappear before you even notice that they existed.
    Now you may think "Well hey, go with the new ship!" but while the Colonial Gunship is tankier, it is still completely useless unless you EVER find some nanobots, which frankly doesn't happen too often at all.
    So either you start with crappy weapons and negligible shields, or you pick a tankier ship with decent weapons but no shield whatsoever and just look at your hull going down (aswell as disfunctional parts poping up) until you die.
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    The game is still in development. As always, we will collect all the feedback and change aspects of the game accordingly.
    Hi. Can you tell what perks are removed so we don't put all credits in them on Xbox? Twitter said 0.3 is unlikely for Xbox this year so we will have 0.2 for a while.
    As listed above:
    • Removed all shield related perks
    • Removed "store credits" perk
    edited December 2016
    Thanks. o:)
  • FlightwavesFlightwaves Posts: 12Member
    edited December 2016
    Maybe this suggestion has been made elsewhere but perhaps with the altering of the perk structure you could add an option to reinvest the credits you've spent upgrading? I'm fully upgraded on everything on Xbox including shields, so will I be losing all those credits?