Ideal loadouts

FistOfPubertyFistOfPuberty Posts: 7Common Backer, Customer
I find myself winding up with a Fusion Blaster II and a Gatling II almost every winning run. They're usually accompanied by a cloak mk.3 or a mainframe override mk.3 as well as a mk.3 teleporter. Drones and secondaries become pretty irrelevant at that point.

What's your personal favorite load out?

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    I think on a general level I prefer Beam II (+Energy Consumption III, Shield Damage III and Hull Damage III) and Heavy Missiles alongside Weapon Overcharger III and Sub-Routine: Devastator.

My absolute favorite loadout: Coil Gun II (+Fire Rate III x3), Sub-Routine: Devastator, Sub-Routine: Daredevil, Hull Enhancer III and Front Shield Generator III (+Duration Mod III x3).
  • ForavenForaven Posts: 116Member
    I tend to avoid ideal loadouts; being too effective at cleaning out every areas just makes the game extremely dull for me. I've grown too used to the game, i know the npcs too well so i can make do with far less optimal loadouts and still survive. Each new run i try new loadouts and avoid the ones i feel give me too much of a edge, like devastator, heavy missiles and flak cannons. I no longer try hard to upgrade my stuff as well, even stock guns seem strong enough most of the time.

My latest game i made a blunder that almost killed my ship and left me with broken sensors and almost no hull; i could have finished myself off to start over but i decided to see how far i could go with it... Before the end of sector one i had completely recovered and i'm currently at sector 5 and going...
  • FistOfPubertyFistOfPuberty Posts: 7Common Backer, Customer
    Foraven said:

I tend to avoid ideal loadouts; being too effective at cleaning out every areas just makes the game extremely dull for me.

I wholly agree. I've started to use the more unconventional strategies (daredevil, plasma torpedoes, etc.) to challenge myself because, once you've played enough of it, Everspace really isn't all that difficult.
    @Foraven and @FistOfPuberty , so what are your preferred loadouts?

@Foraven and @FistOfPuberty , so what are your preferred loadouts?

Well, i tend to like tractor beams a lot, makes collecting junk much quicker and painless. Reinforced hull would be next. The rest depend on what i pick up or feel like using. Weapon mod wise i tend to increase range and projectile range (where it apply) and spread so my guns are better at taking out enemies farther away and keep me outside the circle straffing range with the AIs.

I have been messing around with daredevil + devastator + front shields and i can say it's extremely over powered, the AI pose no challenge at all then (so i may avoid it next run). Some game balancing needs to be done, some weapon devices combos are extremely powerful and makes the game stupidly easy. High damage, range and instant hitting makes it easy for us and most enemies can't track our evading so it's easy to dodge while killing them off...
    @Foraven , I think you're an experienced gamer with decent gamer sense; I think the game is easy for you but isn't necessarily for the majority. I've watched quite a number of streams new to the game, and many people struggle putting advanced components together to make a powerful run.

I've watched Daredevil runs with the loadout you've described go awry. If the build was overpowered, then that should mean anyone can go that path and win easily. But that's not the case; in fact, most players seem to go for Cloak in order to give themselves more time to recover and refocus in between scenarios (which advanced players don't tend to need).

I would highly recommend trying a single-run challenge. Basically, you restart all game data and complete the game in the very first run. I haven't had a chance to try this yet myself due to my family involvement, but it's on my list to complete.

@Foraven , I think you're an experienced gamer with decent gamer sense; I think the game is easy for you but isn't necessarily for the majority. I've watched quite a number of streams new to the game, and many people struggle putting advanced components together to make a powerful run.

I've watched Daredevil runs with the loadout you've described go awry. If the build was overpowered, then that should mean anyone can go that path and win easily. But that's not the case; in fact, most players seem to go for Cloak in order to give themselves more time to recover and refocus in between scenarios (which advanced players don't tend to need).

I would highly recommend trying a single-run challenge. Basically, you restart all game data and complete the game in the very first run. I haven't had a chance to try this yet myself due to my family involvement, but it's on my list to complete.

I would not say the game was easy with the bareboned ship we started with, but with upgrades and experience it became easier and easier. While i do pilot my ship well, i tend to have troubles when i need to activate stuff quickly so i struggle with consumables (unless i activate them when the game is paused). I played in 1st person early on but switched to 3rd one as i have a much better view of what is going on (and if my ship fit into the space i'm going through). I'm really good though at noticing patherns and the limits of what the AI can do so once i'm familiar with the NPCs i'm facing i can easily fight them. The AI has lots of holes right now to exploits...

Yeah, daredevil builds are harder to use; collisions are bad, you have no shields if your front shields is down and if you are immobile, pretty much anything can kill you quickly. But with the kind of firepower we have, so long as we can fight a few enemies at a time we are almost invulnerable. Would not work with an un upgraded ship though, weak hull, low damage output and slow speed would make it really hard to pull off.

I don't think i'm skilled enough to try first run win, i rely too much on having an agile spacecraft with multiple means to attack enemies. I don't like running away from fights and that's what we have to do a lot when everything is stronger than we are.
  • DeadEch0DeadEch0 Posts: 37Common Beta Backer, Customer
    edited October 2016
    At the moment, my favorite setup is:

Coilgun II (2x fire rate mk3, 1x energy consumption mk3)
    Fusion Blaster II (fire rate mk3, energy mk3, energy mk3)

Weapon Overdrive MK3 (cooldown, energy, energy)
    Teleporter Mk1 (3x energy)
    Shield (XC) MK3 (depends)
    Subroutine: Devastator
    Energy Core Extension MK3

Missiles & consumables: Whatever I find.

It's fast, does good damage and has enough energy to sustain weapons, boost and teleporter in combat. I like the teleporter MK1 more than 2 & 3, I think 800 meters is ideal for combat. Not sure about the shield tho, but I don't like having more than 2 active devices. Probably a daredevil and hull enhancer or another ECE would suit this better. All perks maxed out except for weapon slots and retrieval. Don't know if this will work very well with low energy perks...