Perks system not updating for some perks

chipsterdchipsterd Posts: 3Member
I buy points into some perks (eg sensors) and it takes my credits and the progress bar goes up but it does not register my perks. It's not just the numbers that don't go up, the perk itself is inactive (eg the sensor perk now on 3 does not show any risk in the sector map)

Comments

• chipsterdchipsterd Posts: 3Member
    Unplayable with this bug as game REQUIRES perks. Getting Steam refund if not sorted out
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    edited October 2016
    @chipsterd , first off, this is Early Access, not full release. It can be expected to come across little bugs and glitches along the way. No reason to threaten a refund for what is commonplace in the version you purchased.

But to your point, this is not a bug. Some Perks do not upgrade from a single contribution of Credits; instead, they require multiple small chunks of Credits to reach their FIRST upgraded level. The Sensors are one of these Perks.

This functionality is conveyed through the BAR at the base of the Perk that fills every time you contribute to the Perk itself. Upgrade levels that grant the Perk bonus are indicated by a fraction (like 1/13).

This functionality is so there are cheap perks versus expensive perks, enabling the player to spend as much of their Credits as possible without wasting them.
  • chipsterdchipsterd Posts: 3Member
    Thanks for your reply. I figured it out just after I posted and felt like a muppet. Thanks for taking the time to put me right though. Happy flying.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    No problem, @chipsterd ! Also wanted to mention that there have been developer discussions to convey these different types of upgrades a little more clearly in the future.

Posting anything that feels weird on the forums gives the devs a good idea of what should be addressed, so keep doing what you're doing while you enjoy the game. ;-)