Targeting view off when switching between VR and normal

If you hit the "O" key when in the game to switch to VR, the targeting reticle never points at what you are shooting...it's always off about 1-2 inches. Switching back to normal mode, has the same issue. You can no longer point at something with your crosshair as it seems to be actually pointing about an inch or two to the left. Changing your resolution in game and back seems to reset. I can never get VR mode crosshair to point at what I'm shooting at though. (Oculus CV1)

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,047Moderator
    Sorry about that, VR is currently not really supported (missing HUD etc.), in it's current state it's nothing more than a preview or proof of concept. Hopefully we'll be able to pick up work on VR, soon, but we have quite a long list of todos that have a higher priority.
  • BarryBarry Posts: 36Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    Hi rougejp,

What did you think of the game in VR. I think it looked fantastic, though totally unplayable at present form.

I'm hoping it will have proper VR support by the final release. But hey, if it means patching the game later to add VR so the actuall game play is made properly then I'm all for waiting. Think I will have to practice on the computer monitor and get used to how things work. I'm just so used to playing in VR it's strange to look at a flat screen. VR really has spoilt me hehe