Will there be option to fire all guns or missiles

I understand it's in alpha right now but will be able to use all guns or missiles

Answers

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    edited September 2016
    Everspace has hit Early Access; the game has been through both Alpha and Beta testings.

It is possible to fire one Primary weapon and one Secondary weapon at the same time.

If anything, a "multi-weapon" feature would have to be introduced through a Sub-Routine: Volley device (or something of that nature) to be able to fire all Primary weapons at the same time (at the expense of tremendous amounts of energy, which might not be worth it).
  • cyberwingcyberwing Member Posts: 27
    No if I had 3 guns would 1 get to fire all at same time like other games do same question for missiles too
    edited September 2016
    @cyberwing , I understand what you're saying, but that would expend a tremendous amount of energy to do that (and would likely be hard to hit your foes). Not sure it would be a safe play, even if it were an option.

Besides that, the ship only has one equipped Primary weapon slot. It may be far too much work to incorporate a multi-weapon function in the game this far in development.
    I'm sure it's doable if they can do it with gof1 & 2 and lots of other games have like wing commander , privateer, loads more games forgotten thier names I have them laying around somewhere
    edited September 2016
    It's not so much if it has been done before, I think it is dependent on the fundamental mechanics in place within Everspace, specifically energy resource management.

Firing multiple weapons at the same time would be difficult in this regard.
    Btw u start of with a pulse lazer and a Gatling and u can get perk to get more slots but what's the use if u can't fire all at same time
    If u fire all at same time u only need 2or 3 shots then u can evade abit to recharge
    It's what all the other games do
  • TwoCablesTwoCables Customer Posts: 66
    edited September 2016
    Of course it's doable (anything is doable), but would it be practical and would it be useful? Would it make sense for this game? Would it overpower the player?

Unless your aim is extremely precise, you could end up running out of energy in just a couple of seconds and then you'd be a flying harmless target for a while.
    That would depend if they were going just leave it with no tiers or levels then yes OP but if ure gonna go up in tiers or levels then no not OP because npcs would go up too
    Just think of starwars tie fighter vs xwing
    edited September 2016
    @cyberwing , the current weapons do not have any tiers associated with them. The energy output would be tremendously extensive. And if enemy ships also had this functionality, players would be furious with being randomly one-shotted by a lucky blast of 5 different weapons at once from two ships or so.

Features need to enhance the player's experience, not stunt it. I simply do not see how adding multi-weapon functionality would add to the game, unfortunately.

It's a nice idea, but without considerable reworking of already established mechanics, it's simply not a possibility.
    I'm pretty sure I saw a mk2 gun today or it could be a shield next ill screen shot and show u
    edited September 2016
    cyberwing said:

I'm pretty sure I saw a mk2 gun today or it could be a shield next ill screen shot and show u

That doesn't always mean an upgrade. It just means it's a different variation of it. That variation could be an upgrade for you at that time on that run, or it could be a downgrade. It all depends on what you want at the time you encounter it. So, don't always just blindly swap when you see "MK2" or something. Carefully compare the specifications to see if it's what you really want.
    Considering u can't buy anything but perks I thinks 200% it's a upgrade especially when u can't keep it
    cyberwing said:

From this thread: https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/1200/flak-cannon-2-performs-worse-than-flak-cannon-1

I think it's important to note that Weapon Marks are not upgrades, but variations.

No Weapon Mk II should inherently be better than Mk I; it is a variation of form and function. It's just a different way to utilize a similar type of format or feature.

Oh I get it now it's just no of those run gauntlet games but as a spaceship
    edited September 2016
    After putting more than 12 hours into this game so far, I just don't see a benefit to firing multiple weapons at the same time. It would drain energy too quickly and I would need VERY precise aim. I don't have either of these luxuries, so I'd never see a need for it. Plus, it wouldn't fit with this genre very well.
    You obviously haven't played space sims very much but all the ai are the same no matter which game u play or what ios ure on
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,204
    Very very unlikely that we're gonna do it, the game is not really designed to work like that. Energy would be a problem, and also the leading reticule position could not be calculated (for which of the weapons? as they all have different ranges and velocities). The only way this could make sense would be with some sort of active device as @Giraffasaur suggested. Could work like the energy injector and just fire all weapons simulteneously like crazy for a short amount of time (and consume a fixed amount of energy for this). Implementation would be quite tricky though, not sure if it would be worth the effort.
    Then remove the perks and just make the game aboat skill if ure not gonna follow the steps of xwing vs tie/freelancer/ wing commander/star lancer / rouge one and many other space sims
  • DarlothDarloth Customer Posts: 24
    I like this game. It does some things none of those other games have done, and instead takes cues from Rogue Legacy and others. Please don't suggest they remove those differences to make it just like every other space game - we already HAVE those other space games, so there's room for some different ones like this too.
    edited September 2016
    Oh I see, Cyberwing: so according to you, they aren't allowed to do what they want with their game. Am I right? They have to change certain things just because you said so (or really just because that's how other similar games are)? I hate to tell you this, but they can do whatever they want. It's their game.

I think they're doing a great job and they are making something that's familiar but also new and fresh (original) at the same. Yes, ok, you can't fire everything at the same time, but as Andi said, this game isn't designed to work like that, and I'll add that it doesn't seem to be needed at all in this game. Yes, I enjoy being able to do that in Freelancer, but I don't miss that ability in EVERSPACE one bit because it's just not needed. It doesn't belong in this particular game.

So really, if you don't like it, then don't play it. If you want more of the same, then you're playing the wrong game.
    All I'm saying is if they want to be different then make it different not just 1%
    But if they want to call a chimp human then that's thier call
    cyberwing said:

All I'm saying is if they want to be different then make it different not just 1%

But if they want to call a chimp human then that's thier call

You're being way too extreme. Just enjoy it for what it is.
  • NenacuNenacu Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 69
    I think it's important to mention that this is *not* a space sim as you seem to think. It's an arcade style 6dof roguelike shooter with some RPG elements attached. This is not Elite where you can have a loadout and fire all weapons at once. In fact, in the current structure of Everspace, it simply wouldn't work. You can't have more than one of the same weapon type equipped at a time. Weapons are highly situational and specialized here. Each one is for a specific situation or build and you have to think about that when deciding whether you want it or not. Coming from somebody that's played 40+ hours of this game, I can safely and confidently say that this feature is not needed and likely not wanted by the majority.