How do I end an Alien Fregate?

ES_10529ES_10529 Posts: 4Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
In Sektor 5 I often encounter an alien fregate, which seems to interrupt the jump sequence. So far I cannot kill it, I attacked the shield projectors (shiny globes on top and sides) as well as the turret. What do I miss? there are 20 percent left... Help pls...

Best Answers

Answers

• ES_9561ES_9561 Posts: 34Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    Take out the drone generator first. If you don't do that, then you will never get rid of the shield drones. Then take out the drones, then take out the turrets.

Make sure you have the cloak option (mk 3 is what I had) and have damage mods. If you have any drones of any kind, launch them.

Use shield damaging weapons first, then switch to hull damage. Save your missiles for the support craft (like the drones)
  • daytonadaytona Posts: 45Common Beta Backer, Customer
    Oooo~ Thanks a lot for that Giraffasaur. Next time I see one blocking my jumps, I might have a chance. Instead of be curling up in a ball and sobbing at the loss of the last hour of gameplay.
    Hopefully it won't be on a map with random, and very painful, solar flares melting my face. Both blue beams of doom and inescapable red waves of heat.. harsh :(
  • extailsextails Posts: 56Common Beta Backer
    For Alien Frigate, you have to destroy specific part of the ship.
    For Alien Warship, you pretty much doomed.
    For Alien Gunship, simply attack from far and use clock if you're low on health.
  • Wip3outWip3out Posts: 5Member
    Or you know... Be stealthy. I activate my cloak then switch to my teleporter and get near. Do the hack and Dr Zoidberg away!
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,095Moderator, Space Cat
    edited October 2016
    Wip3out said:

Or you know... Be stealthy. I activate my cloak then switch to my teleporter and get near. Do the hack and Dr Zoidberg away!

You can't hack Okkar Frigates. You must be thinking of Okkar Corvettes.
  • FlightwavesFlightwaves Posts: 12Member
    You can also cloak and hack the signal if you can find the antenna
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,095Moderator, Space Cat
    @Flightwaves , the comment directly before your post:

You can't hack Okkar Frigates. You must be thinking of Okkar Corvettes.

• ForavenForaven Posts: 116Member
    The okkar corvettes are fairly easy to kill once you know how. Their shields recharge fast, but some weapons like the fusion blaster can out do it (even more if you use devices that buff damage output). Combine this with a few plasma torpedoes or heavy missiles and the corvette dies really fast. Also, if you use a drone "highjacker" consumable you make the shields drone heal you instead while you destroy the covette shields and hull.
  • RalthorRalthor Posts: 2Member

Make sure you are constantly dodging the huge lightning beam laser ball blaster of death, as well.

Made me giggle just a little bit. :blush:

• ForavenForaven Posts: 116Member
    I used to dread Frigates, but i got 2 on my first successful run in 0.4. Frigates are somewhat easy to deal with if you carry some Arc-9000. Arcs will do massive damage to it and also cripple it's guns so it's almost helpless. You still have to deal with fighters and drones showing up but it's a lot easier then. The generators are not that sturdy, gatlings or fusion blasters quickly destroy them, the biggest hassle is locating them while dodging all the enemy fire. It's also quite helpful to have a tractor beam so you don't need to get inside to loot everything.