Inertia Dampener Toggle

Restless CorpseRestless Corpse Common Beta Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 1
Hey guys.

So last night while streaming, I noticed my ship moving strangely after a big battle. It turns out, my Inertia Dampener was damaged and I have to say, flying without it was a ridiculous amount of fun. It added an extra level of skill to the combat and maneuvering, akin to flying with Flight-Assist Off in Elite: Dangerous.

What I'd like to see is a toggle to allow us to turn off the Inertia Dampener at will, because you can do some pretty sick maneuvers with the quasi-Newtonian flying. Obviously, this would only work if the component is working and not damaged.
But it would be really awesome if we could toggle it off to really feel like we're barreling through space.

tl;dr - Flying without Inertia Dampener is pretty dope. Let us toggle it.

-Restless Corpse
http://www.youtube.com/user/therestlesscorpse

Comments

• MICKMUFFINMICKMUFFIN Common Beta Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 17
    I had a very similar experience last night and was thinking the exact same thing! It was very intense with no inertia dampeners and my life support was giving out too while in an epic space battle in a deep sector trying to weave through an asteroid field. Most fun I've had in a long time in a beta.
  • LaneLane Common Beta Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 6
    Yeah it would be nice if we could toggle them off.

The first time mine broke I had a great time, went through the jump gate and flew into a zone with the first black hole i had ever seen, then the controls went awol of course and I had no idea what happened so I blamed it on the inertia dampeners being broken.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    Jumping in with my two-cents as well:

Perhaps toggling Systems should be an implementation across the board in Everspace.

At first it may seem like a silly thing to have the ability to turn off life support, but perhaps there could be strange benefits to this (as opposed to it being destroyed, of course). For instance, with life support off, maybe it makes your ship harder to track/target?

I realize having additional features built into the Systems for being turned off would not only be a bit of work but also present a series of new balance issues, so perhaps this suggestion is foolish.

All in all, it would be nice to have more control over the Systems in some way, though.