Weapon / Ship / Ancient items

SaloriusSalorius Posts: 32Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space God
Hello all,
I would like to start a collection of ideas for weapons, ship capabilities or ancient artifacts ....
Maybe some of them find their way into the game ?
If this is not wanted by Rockfish, Admin, please delete this thread - no problem...

Comments

• SaloriusSalorius Posts: 32Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space God
    edited January 2016
    Here the first ones:
    ZEN device: once activated it temporarily alters the status of your beloved enemies to be neutral or even friendly. This device works by psychic power and "meditates" an area of 3.000km around the ship.

Ship shrinker: By using this device, your ship shrinks 50%, thus makes it more difficult to be hit by your foes. Tradeoff is, that you also loose 50% of your cargo by activating the shrink mode.

Ultimate Retro Shatter Chaff Bomb: By using micro triple prisms, this bomb ejects and sprays trillions of micro retro-prisms behind the ship. A retro prism will reverse a laser beam directly into the direction of the source - thus damaging it´s origin. Works only one time per prism. No refunds ....
  • kirov099kirov099 Posts: 10Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    The retro prisms are actually a really cool idea. Assuming they work only against lasers, I think it would make for an interesting gameplay mechanic. How about an active camouflage system that makes you invisible to enemies for a short period of time?
  • DavidDavid Posts: 31Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    kirov099 said:

How about an active camouflage system that makes you invisible to enemies for a short period of time?

Check out Rockfish's youtube channel, they already have in game footage of the player's ship becoming invisible, so I think that's definitely going to be happening :)
  • ROCKFISH_SnoopROCKFISH_Snoop Posts: 92Moderator
    David said:

kirov099 said:

How about an active camouflage system that makes you invisible to enemies for a short period of time?

Check out Rockfish's youtube channel, they already have in game footage of the player's ship becoming invisible, so I think that's definitely going to be happening :)
    Expect to see a whole bunch of exciting customization options for your ship upon release. ;)

Expect to see a whole bunch of exciting customization options for your ship upon release. ;)

Awesome, I'm hoping due there only being a small number of ships available to the players that the customisation aspect can have even more dev time devoted to it so it will be even better. I'm looking forward to every thing about it :) now it's just the waiting ...
    David said:

Awesome, I'm hoping due there only being a small number of ships available to the players that the customisation aspect can have even more dev time devoted to it so it will be even better. I'm looking forward to every thing about it :) now it's just the waiting ...
    Customization is an integral part of the Everspace experience. Traversing arduous sectors, risking life, ship, and limb in search of sweet, sweet loot...hehe.
    edited January 2016
    Here one more :smile:
    The Mystic Hail Orb.
    Once placed in Orbit or the wreckyard and activated it furiously attracts any enemy in a given range to go for it and shoot it down. This technology is based on a multidimensional insult generator, which makes every bionic lifeform so upset, that it has no chance but to go after it for total annihilation... Good for creating a passageway in otherwise unpassable areas... 100% customer satisfaction guranteed, else money back option
    Salorius said:

Here one more :smile:
    The Mystic Hail Orb.
    Once placed in Orbit or the wreckyard and activated it furiously attracts any enemy in a given range to go for it and shoot it down. This technology is based on a multidimensional insult generator, which makes every bionic lifeform so upset, that it has no chance but to go after it for total annihilation... Good for creating a passageway in otherwise unpassable areas... 100% customer satisfaction guranteed, else money back option

Some of these suggestions are hilarious *in a good way* ;) - I'm super interested to hear what other suggestions you guys have!
  • Therian12Therian12 Posts: 27Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    i personally would love the idea of a beacon to draw enemies to you for a good fight. make it so that it has multiple settings . Neighbor, city block, whole town.. whole state. Each setting exponentially boosts the signal so more and more bad guys come after you
  • kirov099kirov099 Posts: 10Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    David said:

kirov099 said:

Thanks! Not sure how I wasn't subscribed to the channel in the first place.
    kirov099 said:

With all the excitement of the forums going live it would be easy to slip the mind ;)
  • TensETensE Posts: 25Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
    I don't think I've seen any video where the ship does a barrel roll. I hope I don't have to explain how important it is for everyone that ships be able to do barrel rolls. Especially coming from GoF
  • Kurzon MorrisKurzon Morris Posts: 73Kickstarter Backer, Space Cat
    You know what i'd like a missile similar to the buzz droids in star wars episode 3. a missile that is very hard to evade and starts to damage subsystems slowly, the only way to remove them is to take some kind of explosive damage(blows them up) or enter a nebula(to disable them) or get a little to close to a sun(to burn the droids off) could even have a special subsystem or weapon that will destroy them. you could have it that the internal batteries on the droids will only last 10-20 seconds and as such can only damage about 20-60% of the subsystems they attack. upgrades to this missile could make the droids attack more than one subsystem and do more damage to them etc...

what u think? adds a bit more panic if you know one is coming after you and means you need to be a bit more tactical in your ship upgrades and weapons. if you see a bunch of enemy ships equipped you have to either flee or destroy them all quickly as they could slowly shut you down, especially if you left them to keep firing at you
    TensE said:

I don't think I've seen any video where the ship does a barrel roll. I hope I don't have to explain how important it is for everyone that ships be able to do barrel rolls. Especially coming from GoF

the ships do roll though you see it on at least one video and if you can roll a little i'm sure a complete barrel roll should be possible The Gif here clearly shows the ship doing a small roll as it flies through the debris and its definitely not cause it was turning as the ship continues to turn without rolling.

I'd hope they would put in a specific barrel role button or something cause that would be a cool maneuver to do, in order to evade missiles
  • GusGus Posts: 4Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Bro
    I hope that the "Roll" axis is part of the Standard Control Matrix...

Pitch, Yaw and Roll.

Unlike Star Wars Battlefront where they seem to have decided to leave the Roll Axis on the Cutting Room Floor...

-gus
  • TensETensE Posts: 25Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster

the ships do roll though you see it on at least one video and if you can roll a little i'm sure a complete barrel roll should be possible The Gif here clearly shows the ship doing a small roll as it flies through the debris and its definitely not cause it was turning as the ship continues to turn without rolling.

I'd hope they would put in a specific barrel role button or something cause that would be a cool maneuver to do, in order to evade missiles

Yeah the button is what I meant. The roll in the gif seems to be just a standard part of controlling the ship and is very slow. It'd be cool to do a really quick roll to avoid a missile or a shot of some sort and not rely on simply dumping flares.
    Yeah the button is what I meant. The roll in the gif seems to be just a standard part of controlling the ship and is very slow. It'd be cool to do a really quick roll to avoid a missile or a shot of some sort and not rely on simply dumping flares.

yer a quick roll would be cool, star wars battlefront gas some cool maneuvers but i'd like to personally be in control of the maneuver, say a command that gives you super maneuverability so you can do a super roll or an invert flight direction or string it to gether
    its not quite a roll but its a 180 quick manuver which implies you will be able to do a quick roll as well. its first few seconds of the website header video. Here is the youtube version.
  • d3rr1nautd3rr1naut Posts: 22Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue
    edited February 2016
    David said:

kirov099 said:

With all the excitement of the forums going live it would be easy to slip the mind ;)
    Thanks for pointing out the youtube channel, also wasn't subscribed. Might be useful indeed.

Regarding the barrel roll. This could be something of an item as well. Loot that you must find in order to be able to do a roll.
    Here comes the ultimate very nasty weapon for wealth and freedom .....
    STORY:
    The most precious mineral in the universe is Gravitine - needed for every kind of space engines.
    Unfortunately it can only be bought at ridiculous high prices from the HARAM, a race in which territories this mineral can be found - and nowhere else.... Even more unfortunate is the fact, that every mining and digging expedition into this territory got completely lost and never returned.
    But there is a solution, not easy, requiring all of your attention, skill and effort.
    The BORGBURG !!
    The HARAM like special food, and the Borgburg is amongst their most favorate ones. You cann sell this food to them at decent prices, they always have a high demand for it.
    Thus, first you have to get the recipe/blueprint to manufacture BorgBurg´s on your own.
    Now comes the nasty part.....(har,har,har (evil laugh..)
    There is another blueprint to design and build nanobots, the so called "spinejellies"...
    These molecular bots, once eaten, crawl into all of the eaters nerve channels, waiting for a hyperwave signal. Once received, they block all of the decision-making nerves and neurons... leaving a mindless Zombie behind. (While I write this, it came to my mind, that this setup is already in place on planet earth??)
    You may already guess it. You spice up your BorgBurgs with the nanobots, sell them to the Haram in decent quantities (let´s say, a few thousand....), fly close to their borders, activate the hyperwave caster and then GO FOR DIGGING .... make sure, you got enough storage space.....at least a Rhino with all Rhoda Blackholes you can add....
    While I was taking a shower, a brandnew weapon came to my mind.....
    The FF GUARDIAN
    Very annoying pirates and other ankle biters are taken care of by this device. It consists out of a little capsule, which is ejected into near space. It contains an ancient MDNA (mechanical DNA) from this weapon.
    Once ejected into space it starts its own little void generator and collects atoms and molecules out of nowhere (hyperspace/voidspace). These particles then are used to form the GUARDIAN, a very powerful defense platform, even better than a HH-AT Archimedes, thus reliefing the digging miner of broken hulls and atomized butts caused by bypassers. You can continue sipping your 5óclock tea once protected this way. Not to forget, you need a blueprint for this ...
    To the Developers:
    Visually this looks like a reverse slow motion explosion. It starts with fading mist, condenses to blending light and fire and morphs into matter = voilá - the GUARDIAN. The color of the light should not be like the fireball of an explosion (yellow) but maybe mystic purple or something else?
  • rickydude7rickydude7 Posts: 1Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Could there be a distress beacon type of item that calls in other ships as allies, or triggers when you're low on health?
    edited February 2016
    ES_1372 said:

Could there be a distress beacon type of item that calls in other ships as allies, or triggers when you're low on health?

just remember the Dune litany against fear

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

plus the everspace addendum: And if I do die, I'll get sweet bonuses I can spend on kickass new upgrades.
  • StarLordStarLord Posts: 2Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    What if you could find stranded NPC explorers in crash sites as an extremely rare event? Like there could be an engineer who once you find him, gives you a perk where your ship regenerates faster, an admiral who makes weapons more accurate, etc.?

Or find important people worth bounties(same with pirates??) and get credits for finds?
    ES_1372 said:

Good idea! Even if you are low on fuel, you can activate a MELNORME subspace bubble, which calls in these unique traders....
  • b1tt3rmanb1tt3rman Posts: 14Member
    tacticle nuke
    edited March 2016
    Here comes a "must have" if you want to pass through the Nagger-sector.
    The Naggers are known for their weak ships, they always hide cowardly in the shade of meteors and let their drones do the job.
    Once you have about 70 of their drones on your tail (hope this translates well ...??) you only got 20 seconds for a good escape procedure. Else they will nag through your shield and hull in seconds.
    Here the ultimate blueprint, necessary to pass the Nagger territories undamaged = The FlashFlush.
    The FlashFlush is a weapon, which first emitts a sphere of fierce plasma, broiling the drones around you.
    Then it changes the expanded sphere to a shrinking void hole and, like a toilet flush, sucks in all debries and spills it into void space. Voila and presto - your journey can continue.
    Not to be used in space bars and hangars. Micro-Versions available for cleaning up your apartment
    Nice to have - a Locker-Device....
    This device locks all of your rotational, directional and whatsoever movements relative to an object.
    So you can use this locker device to lock yourself to all movements of an asteroid, object or an enemy.
    Great for the so called "Bobba-Blast".
    You set a delay detonator inside an asteroid field, lock yourself quickly to any asteroid nearby, wait for the explosion and then the asteroid+you are kicked out of the field like a billiard ball.
  • SteamBrainsSteamBrains Posts: 72Space Cat
    Some sort of artifact/Pilot tool system that could be used to to briefly boost/buff certain ship component so for a short time without any negative effects? Like if you found an item Ina wreckage or something that could be rare and have uses to give you a short gun buff or something.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    Nanobot Flak Cannon - Expensive nanobot projector capable of dismantling assemblies in mere minutes.

Serving as a short-ranged shotgun-type weapon, the Nanobot Flak Cannon could be a devastating tool used to deconstruct derelict satellites, space scrap or even other ships down to their basic components. This device could also serve to mine rare resources at a quickened pace. It has no effect on biological organisms.