Money for resources (and in general)

ErixperienceErixperience Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 13
Often, I'll end up with more than a surplus of certain resources (Gas, Nanobots, Ore, etc...) and be doing well until i get annihilated by a swarm of enemies (I just came off of a four-way clusterfuck including Aliens, Outlaws, Terran Fighters, and myself). My issue is two fold here:
-All of the time I spent hunting down resources in peaceful sectors was effectively wasted.
-Nothing carries over to the next playthrough, not resources, not upgraded component,s (i.e. Shield 2), not even money really.

Compound this with the fact that if you have any leftover cash after upgrading and starting a new run, anything left over is just thrown away. I'm sorry, that's just stupid. It's more than possible for me to end up wasting hundreds of credits that I can't use. it ends up with this cycle of slowly getting one, maybe two upgrades per run if you're lucky. It feels horribly imbalanced and like I'm wasting my time collecting anything.

Now I know there's a perk/upgrade that lets you keep SOME of the cash between multiple runs. Frankly, it's kind of a waste (4000 credits to get the Rank 1 of 5% retention. Really? Five percent?). I say just do away with that perk entirely and let us at least keep our hard-fought-for cash with no silly restrictions.

PREEMPTIVE EDIT: I just realized I completely forgot to mention my initial problem so here; If our resources and acquired upgrades are just gonna be taken away from us, at least give us a little bit of spending cash so we can permanently upgrade our ship. It just feels like collecting anything other than blueprints is a total waste of time.

Hopefully this mess of a post made sense.

Comments

• sakkysakky Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 6
    I agree. I know most rouge type games dont like to let you keep money but, when you keep getting killed and can't afford to get any upgrade to help and any of that money you did manage to get just gets tossed..makes you not want to play anymore.

Other then that I like the game so far. just the getting killed cause my shield is gone in 2 hits if I'm lucky and running out of energy to fire weapons (really energy for a Gatling gun?) and boost. it makes one get annoyed quickly.

But i look forward to all the updates from you folks at Rockfish! keep it up!
  • Dir7yPawsDir7yPaws Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro Posts: 34

Often, I'll end up with more than a surplus of certain resources (Gas, Nanobots, Ore, etc...) and be doing well until i get annihilated by a swarm of enemies (I just came off of a four-way clusterfuck including Aliens, Outlaws, Terran Fighters, and myself). My issue is two fold here:
    -All of the time I spent hunting down resources in peaceful sectors was effectively wasted.
    -Nothing carries over to the next playthrough, not resources, not upgraded component,s (i.e. Shield 2), not even money really.

Compound this with the fact that if you have any leftover cash after upgrading and starting a new run, anything left over is just thrown away. I'm sorry, that's just stupid. It's more than possible for me to end up wasting hundreds of credits that I can't use. it ends up with this cycle of slowly getting one, maybe two upgrades per run if you're lucky. It feels horribly imbalanced and like I'm wasting my time collecting anything.

Now I know there's a perk/upgrade that lets you keep SOME of the cash between multiple runs. Frankly, it's kind of a waste (4000 credits to get the Rank 1 of 5% retention. Really? Five percent?). I say just do away with that perk entirely and let us at least keep our hard-fought-for cash with no silly restrictions.

PREEMPTIVE EDIT: I just realized I completely forgot to mention my initial problem so here; If our resources and acquired upgrades are just gonna be taken away from us, at least give us a little bit of spending cash so we can permanently upgrade our ship. It just feels like collecting anything other than blueprints is a total waste of time.

There is a perk that allows cash to carry over, I suggest putting cash into leveling it up...
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Moderator Posts: 579
    We are currently discussing some reward for resource scavengers. On the other hand we don't want players to stay too long in one location or else their run will take to long and the frustration on death rises.
  • fdiaz78fdiaz78 Space Optimizr Posts: 101

We are currently discussing some reward for resource scavengers. On the other hand we don't want players to stay too long in one location or else their run will take to long and the frustration on death rises.

It would be great if your character could dock at a station and "bank" a percentage of resources. Ultimately I understand this is a roguelike game but in its current form you are making it a unforgiving eve online clone that punishes death severely. At least in Eve Online we can have clones and bank resources in a hangar.
  • ErixperienceErixperience Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 13
    edited May 2016
    Dir7yPaws said:

There is a perk that allows cash to carry over, I suggest putting cash into leveling it up...
    I addressed that perk in the post if you read it. I suggest doing so if you haven't already.