Anyone else encountered this bizarre thing yet?

ScrawnyShaunyScrawnyShauny Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 4
edited April 2016 in ALPHA (ES1 - READ ONLY)
So I'd just gotten to my first ever high risk zone, I figured why not, I'm in sector 3 let's go for it. Did the usual scan, saw a debris field filled with items and went to get them, when I heard this really strange goopy sound, and my field of vision was becoming fuzzy and static, and then I spotted it following me...

What in the heck is it.

I didn't try attacking it as I already had two - three alien fighters attacking me and I got out of there as soon as they were dead, didn't even look back. I'm not sure I wan't to encounter this thing again.

Comments

• VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 107
    I foolishly attacked it during a really good run and it like exploded and covered my ship, at least that's what it seemed like because I died mere seconds after with no time to start a repair.
  • Killstr3aKsKillstr3aKs Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Booster Posts: 12
    edited April 2016
    For the love of god stay away from that thing, if you destroy it it will insta-kill you. I don't know if it's intentional or not but it sure as -BEEP- was annoying.
  • AndersAnders Space Optimizr Posts: 7
    I thought that was just a side-by-side of the suppressor that prevents you from warp-jumping. I got to Sector 3 right into a red system and pretty much everything that could possibly go wrong happened all at once. Very strange thing this bubbly space worm...
  • WildknightWildknight Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 5
    there is a wreck ship that talks about this. it's a space virus thing. said he had to burn it off. my guess would be if you had the energy explosion device it could save your ship. but yea. bad goop is bad
  • VirlomiVirlomi Member, Common Alpha Backer ES1 Posts: 17

• smattilasmattila Common Alpha Backer ES1 Posts: 4
    2 of these things were running around. I attacked one of them...Bad idea. Dead in a second.
  • humanevilhumanevil Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 98
    yea i encountered them just after i read this thread and so i ran from them lol
  • ES_6252ES_6252 Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 12
    edited May 2016
    Finally got a recording of them:

Creepy things, aren't they?

I noticed that they drop Nano bots when they take damage - could they be a swarm of Nano bots?
  • TaktikerTaktiker Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 11
    I jumped in a new sector today in the middle of a huge battle between aliens and outlaws... guess who died almost instantly -.-"
  • Captainmaxwell7Captainmaxwell7 Common Alpha Backer ES1 Posts: 6
    When I finally got into Sector 3, I saw the huge carrier and a plasma field on the side. I went to the plasma field and this thing came flying around. I destroyed it, it covered my ship and instantly killed me. :[
  • DrBo42DrBo42 Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 1
    edited May 2016
    There was a shipwreck I scanned with a log entry about this thing... (I won't spoil it for anyone)

Edit: Well looks like it already was. Lol.
  • ElanElan Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 19
    Wow, that looks awesome! :D
  • petabread91petabread91 Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 2
    Looks pretty neat!