Game fails to start from steam

ES_2913ES_2913 Posts: 4Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro
Hello, attempting to launch the game from steam (I tried restarting computer, steam, changing download server, verifying integrity) seems to not start any processes, it says launching and then nothing happens.

Comments

• ES_2913ES_2913 Posts: 4Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro
    UPDATE: Attempted to launch straight from Everspace.exe and received an error saying I need Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime to run this program, hitting yes took me to a UE4 Prerequisites modify setup screen that gave me the option to uninstall or close. I uninstalled it from there, then ran the game again and using the same prompt was able to install it, I then got a "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)" error. I tried manually installing it from microsoft's website after a full uninstall, still no luck. Will continue to post updates as I test things.
    Out of ideas, just tried switching the drive everspace was installed to, D or C still same error. Anyone else encountering same issue?
  • ThunderhawkjThunderhawkj Posts: 1Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer
    i'm encoutering the same issue. the steam laucher seems to be stuck at the first install.
  • sakkysakky Posts: 6Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr
    started fine for me when i tried using teamveiwer to do it remotely (stupid having to work today)
    you can try downloading the visual studio c++ 2015 from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145 and then try running the game again.
  • TarnusTarnus Posts: 6Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer
    Happened to me too but restarting steam cured it.

For the VC++ libs you want the x64 version I think as the libs are for the app build you are running, NOT your OS bit-ness. ES looks to be 64-bit.
    No luck with manual installs or restarting steam.
  • sakkysakky Posts: 6Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr
    if you have a 32bit (x86) os you want those if you have a 64bit os you want those. other then that i'm not sure other then trying to uninstall the game and reinstall it.
  • ACuoioACuoio Posts: 1Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer
    Try uninstalling all your versions of Visual C++. Reinstall the game and it should auto-install the version you need.
  • ROCKFISH_SvenROCKFISH_Sven Posts: 93Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Which operating system are you using? (pressing Windows-Key + Pause gives you a very precise description)
    Does the same thing happen if you start the .exe by rightclick => "Start as administrator" ?
  • ES_5838ES_5838 Posts: 2Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro
    None of these fixes works for me.
    I input my alpha code into the steam "add game" as instructed but I am not sure it installed the game properly. The only files I have are "ENGINE" "RSG" "Everspace.exe" and two text files.
  • ES_5838ES_5838 Posts: 2Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro
  • FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Posts: 5Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr
    I'm having this issue and I'm runnig Windows 7 SP 1. 64-bit OS.
  • FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Posts: 5Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr
    I also tried running as administrator...the game installs the x86 VC++2015 Redistributable (even though I'm on a x64 machine) and goes to the prompt above about the .dll file missing.
  • ROCKFISH_SvenROCKFISH_Sven Posts: 93Moderator