Everspace Explosions & Physics

ROCKFISH_SnoopROCKFISH_Snoop Moderator Posts: 92
edited August 2016 in GAMEPLAY (ES1)
Greetings Pilots,

Check out this awesome GIF of Everspace in action!

http://imgur.com/gallery/VQT5mq7/new

Much Love!

Snoop

Comments

• Kurzon MorrisKurzon Morris Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 73
    one of us! one of us! the destruction looks epic do you know if its procedural generated destruction and parts/leftover ship spinning or is it specific animations?
  • ROCKFISH_SnoopROCKFISH_Snoop Moderator Posts: 92

one of us! one of us! the destruction looks epic do you know if its procedural generated destruction and parts/leftover ship spinning or is it specific animations?

Hi Kurzon! Everspace is powered by Unreal Engine 4 and utilizes PhysX. As such, the game does have 'dynamic destruction' as can be seen in the previously posted 'Asteroid Mining' videos. You can expect to see procedurally generated 'levels' and structures in-game. Believe me when I say it's absolutely epic!
  • KaolcKaolc Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 15
    That honestly looks incredible...

not saying this is what you did, but...
    It reminds me of those "trailers" or "previews" we sometimes get when a game is coming out, or there are cut scenes etc... The graphics and physics always look so awesome and cool, then you get in the game and well - it's still awesome and cool but that was just a prefab setup scene where the physics and whatnot were configured separate.

So... that's not what this is - right?! :D
    Kaolc said:

That honestly looks incredible...

not saying this is what you did, but...
    It reminds me of those "trailers" or "previews" we sometimes get when a game is coming out, or there are cut scenes etc... The graphics and physics always look so awesome and cool, then you get in the game and well - it's still awesome and cool but that was just a prefab setup scene where the physics and whatnot were configured separate.

So... that's not what this is - right?! :D

Hey Kaolc! Believe me when I say the game looks this good in the flesh. I know the trend these days is to see pre-rendered trailers and CGI for new games, but the GIF I posted above and our other media releases show in-game footage. :)
  • KaolcKaolc Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 15

the GIF I posted above and our other media releases show in-game footage. :)

Glad to hear it... it's an unfortunate trend that seems more desperate than anything ;)

Nothing here but the real deal, I LIKE IT!
  • DavidDavid Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro Posts: 31
    edited January 2016
    I just wanted to say I loved the way Galaxy on Fire 2 felt on PC for controlling the ship.

I tried Elite:Dangerous but I hated the feel of the flying. The comments about how you were going for playstyle / feel over pure physics is one of the main reasons I was confident that it would be more like GoF2 and that I'd enjoy it enough to invest in the kickstarter :)

I felt this was relevant 'cause of the physics part of it, but I love the explosions in the gif as well.
    David said:

I just wanted to say I loved the way Galaxy on Fire 2 felt on PC for controlling the ship.

I tried Elite:Dangerous but I hated the feel of the flying. The comments about how you were going for playstyle / feel over pure physics is one of the main reasons I was confident that it would be more like GoF2 and that I'd enjoy it enough to invest in the kickstarter :)

I felt this was relevant 'cause of the physics part of it, but I love the explosions in the gif as well.

Hi David! I really hope that you'll enjoy Everspace. I loved the Galaxy on Fire series and must've spent countless hours playing through GoF2 especially on iOS. As for the feel of the game, the controls and ship handling are very different to Elite:Dangerous. I'm sure you'll be happy with it! :)

As for the dynamic destruction I mentioned in a previous comment, I was referring to this GIF in particular:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZhgS8od

Take care!

Snoop
  • SoranSoran Posts: 95
    Hey Snoop , iv played gof2 and alliances and elite dangerous (Beta and open alliances ). Gof2 was lots of fun, alliances in beta fun but lots of bugs. Alliances when sold turned into a failure in the last few updates. Elite Dangerous is fun but can be frustrating when you lose days worth of game play when smuggling and you get attacked and your ship gets destroy. Your ship is covered but your cargo isn't.
    Playing games should be about having fun above all else
    Soran said:

Hey Snoop , iv played gof2 and alliances and elite dangerous (Beta and open alliances ). Gof2 was lots of fun, alliances in beta fun but lots of bugs. Alliances when sold turned into a failure in the last few updates. Elite Dangerous is fun but can be frustrating when you lose days worth of game play when smuggling and you get attacked and your ship gets destroy. Your ship is covered but your cargo isn't.

Hey Soran! The team are working hard to ensure Everspace is super fun! In Everspace, death isn't a source of frustration but rather a chance to start a new run again but keep your credits and blue-prints. In a way I guess you could say Dying is Rewarding ;)
    That sounds awesome
  • TGMTGM Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 2

Hey Kaolc! Believe me when I say the game looks this good in the flesh. I know the trend these days is to see pre-rendered trailers and CGI for new games, but the GIF I posted above and our other media releases show in-game footage. :)

Well if they would flag it as pre-rendered that would be fine. But rather than being clear about it or calling it what it is - fraud - they have a perfect technical term for that kind of thing - target renders. It's like: "Hey guys, we wanted to do it, but we weren't good enough to pull it off."

Glad to read that this will not be the case with Everspace.
  • Bobba FettBobba Fett Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 7
    I can't wait to play it! I hope my laptop will run it :D
    TGM said:

Well if they would flag it as pre-rendered that would be fine. But rather than being clear about it or calling it what it is - fraud - they have a perfect technical term for that kind of thing - target renders. It's like: "Hey guys, we wanted to do it, but we weren't good enough to pull it off."

Glad to read that this will not be the case with Everspace.
    Hey TGM, thank you for the kind words! Can't wait to show you guys more of Everspace :)

I can't wait to play it! I hope my laptop will run it :D

The team are working hard to ensure that Everspace is optimized well, so the aim is that everyone can enjoy the game from those with older rigs to people boasting the latest hardware to take advantage of VR. That said, is your laptop one with a discrete GPU, integrated, or both? I.E. Nvidia Optimus?
  • Templar3lfTemplar3lf Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 54
    Ah, it's Unreal, that explains the graphics. Although your team must have done a large amount of hard work to make it look as good as it does! It really does look like a pre-rendered trailer, I can't wait to play.

Ah, it's Unreal, that explains the graphics. Although your team must have done a large amount of hard work to make it look as good as it does! It really does look like a pre-rendered trailer, I can't wait to play.

The game looks beautiful in motion. The power of Unreal Engine 4 coupled with the amazing artists and designers has really allowed the guys to make something special. I hope people will be blown away by the VFX and just how beautiful each sector looks, whether you're exploring or engaged in an intense dog fight!
  • maximusZ09maximusZ09 Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 4
    Michael Bay's magic is in work
  • TurimbarTurimbar Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 3
    Rule of cool is very much applied here. And it's gorram awesome.

I can't wait to get my hands on a playable copy. I'll be spreading the word to my friends when I can get some experience under my belt.
  • ES_8232ES_8232 Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 1
    It's really cool keep it up guys :smiley:
  • d3rr1nautd3rr1naut Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Rogue Posts: 22
    nice good job. Really like the aesthetics of the game. But will all these announcements be seperate treads. Or will there be a "NEWS" thread where all these announcements will be collected?
  • Templar3lfTemplar3lf Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 54
    I know that Kurzon Morris is attempting to collate all information, but we're hoping for some form of permanently update-able forum post so that he can keep one post up to date without having to post again in the same thread with more information.
  • JairJair Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 31
    Soran said:

I agree with it.
    edited February 2016
    I want to blow up asteroids and hope to have the opportunity to do this in Ever space.
  • Kurzon MorrisKurzon Morris Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 73
    oh you will. You HAVE TO in order to leave each system/planetary orbit. You need fuel in the form of crystals that are found in asteroids so you have the opportunity to destroy to your hearts content. Oh you can also hide and mine inside an asteroid so thats cool
    Blowing stuff up sounds like fun
    He spoke of this video, in 56 minutes https://youtube.com/watch?v=pJiq3wg1LVE
  • GoloithGoloith Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 34
    edited April 2016
    @ROCKFISH_Snoop

What's the status of getting Explicit multi-GPU through SFR? I know for people playing on ultra-wide and 4K that this is a pretty big deal. I know AFR is a no go, but enthusiasts are really hoping to put their hardware to use.
  • Toysrme257thToysrme257th Member, Common Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 21
    edited May 2016
    Goloith said:

@ROCKFISH_Snoop

What's the status of getting Explicit multi-GPU through SFR? I know for people playing on ultra-wide and 4K that this is a pretty big deal. I know AFR is a no go, but enthusiasts are really hoping to put their hardware to use.

Same.
  • lowkee33lowkee33 Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 18
    I have been playing the Alpha for about a week now and all I can say is Wow this game is just awesome. It is a beautiful very fun and addicting game. Thank you so much for something new and refreshing!

Goloith said:

@ROCKFISH_Snoop

Same.
    I'll look into it!