Welcome

JazehiahJazehiah Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 7
All forums need one! Introduce yourself. Don't be shy! We're all friends here. Okay maybe "friends" is a little too strong. But we're certainly not enemies... yet.

Here, I'll start: I'm a computer science major from the east coast of the U.S. of A I play more games than I should. I'd add my favorite color, but I'm partially colorblind, so I prefer deeper shades of colors because they're easier to identify.

Comments

• Therian12Therian12 Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 27
    Hi, I am Therian12, i am excited to see this game take off and build an amazing community!
  • CheeseJuggernautCheeseJuggernaut Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 2
    Hello, Im just hoping to see a little more community activity compared to the comments area on kickstarter :smile:

Can't wait to see the game, gotta get my Vive! haha
  • ErrollErroll Common Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 5
    edited January 2016
    I am really looking forward to this game. It was a little off my radar until recently but I am really looking forward to playing this on my recently pre-ordered Rift.

This looks like it will provide more of the kind of play experience I want which is a much of what is in Valkyrie but wrapped for a single player experience. Rogue style campaign makes it even better.
  • SoranSoran Posts: 95
    Hey , I'm a long time Beta player from GOFA and in the open game. Looking forward to playing this game. In GOFA and in line I go by Soran beta and in open game as Soran2. Hope this game surpasses Elite Dangerous in game play
  • kirov099kirov099 Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 10
    Hello everyone! I'm also a computer science major, but from the west coast. I have a big interest in space games, so I'm looking forward to Everspace. Can't wait to feel for myself what the gameplay will be like.
  • sirrealistsirrealist Member Posts: 1
    Computer engineer living in Hawaii. Love space games, so I too am looking forward to this. Since it's not a hardcore sim (and my computer is so old) I was hoping for a PS4 version, but maybe by the time this comes out I'll be able to build a new comp (or just have to tone down the graphics... a lot).
  • CMDR MindriotCMDR Mindriot Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 2
    edited January 2016
    Civil Servant by day, space raider by night... And FPS fiend as well
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    edited January 2016
    Hi, my name is Erik, but I'm known around the gaming community as Giraffasaur. I'm a Graphic Designer Gamer in the Kansas City area. I love strategy and creation games, and roguelikes are a huge favorite of mine. I'm one of the admins on the FTL Wikia.

Aside from all that fun stuff, I'm currently making a board game as well.

Really looking forward to Everspace. Love what I've seen so far.
  • ThebadmfThebadmf Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Booster, Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES2 Posts: 10
    40 year old living in London. Keen gamer since playing the original elite back in 84. Loving elite dangerous and am most definitely a VR evangelist since picking up a dk2 last spring.

Would love to know how some of you have changed your avatar, I get permission denied.
  • RaptorAlphaRaptorAlpha Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro Posts: 67
    I'm a Network Admin from Minneapolis. I build my own gaming computer every two years or so. I do computer gaming and pen and paper role playing games (Pathfinder currently). Love anything with space ships and/or stompy robots.
  • ES_10127ES_10127 Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 2
    edited January 2016
    Hey, I'm Stags. 3D animator and graphic designers. I currently live in DC but I'm heading out to San Francisco in about a month. Space sims are by far my favorite genre. I'm currently playing Elite:Dangerous (as I'm sure many of us here are) and jumping on the Star Citizen alpha every now and then. I really looking forward to Everspace and the new golden era of space sims.
    Thebadmf said:

Would love to know how some of you have changed your avatar, I get permission denied.

Sounds like Rockfish is working on this, but a solve can be found here: http://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/41/forum-avatar#latest
  • ES_10409ES_10409 Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 1
    edited January 2016
    Hi, I'm known as Deussu! As I read the other introductions, I'm almost a carbon copy of RaptorAlpha. I work as a HW Test Engineer/Field IT Support, and I've been an avid tabletop roleplaying gamer (Pathfinder, too!)

I'm hoping for Everspace to involve an evocative story that actually matter to the gameplay. How they are going to make that work is not my nut to break. ;)

Oh, and I used to play Wing Commanders (namely 3 (Heart of the Tiger), Armada and Prophecy), Freespace, Freelancer, and Privateer.
  • DarkstarDarkstar Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 2

Thebadmf said:

Sounds like Rockfish is working on this, but a solve can be found here: http://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/41/forum-avatar#latest
    Thanks

I do computer gaming and pen and paper role playing games (Pathfinder currently). Love anything with space ships and/or stompy robots.

ES_10409 said:

I work as a HW Test Engineer/Field IT Support, and I've been an avid tabletop roleplaying gamer (Pathfinder, too!)

Both of you guys need to check out the RPG called Stars without Number. I'm currently in a campaign as the ship's tech officer, and it is an absolute blast. The best part is that the universe you create can mimic a variety of source material, including (but not limited to) Mass Effect, Star Trek, Star Wars, Firefly, Freelancer, Starbound, you name it.
  • DarkMatterMattDarkMatterMatt Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 15
    Hey, I'm a massive fan of GOF2 and was a beta tester for GOF Alliances (which wasn't that great :tongue:). The beta-tester package on kickstarter said that I'll receive an exclusive forum 'backer badge'. Is the functionality to link forum accounts to kickstarter pledges implemented yet?
  • AsmodaiAsmodai Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 17
    Hello,
    I'm a 41 year old professional developer who works for a defense contractor under a U.S. Navy contract. I'm from Fredericksburg, VA (USA) and went to Virginia Tech. I love Hokies football, Washington Capitals hockey (season ticket holder), computers, role playing games, and discussing those things that should never be discussed (politics and religion). I've also got a bit of a kickstarter addiction having backed 117 projects so far.
  • ES_1976ES_1976 Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 2
    Hi, I am Jan, 38 years old from Germany and I spend quite a bit of my spare time playing various computer games (mainly RPG and simulations), am a member of the demoscene and I am looking forward to how this game will evolve.
  • ROCKFISH_UweROCKFISH_Uwe HamburgAdministrator Posts: 118

Hey, I'm a massive fan of GOF2 and was a beta tester for GOF Alliances (which wasn't that great :tongue:). The beta-tester package on kickstarter said that I'll receive an exclusive forum 'backer badge'. Is the functionality to link forum accounts to kickstarter pledges implemented yet?

The data-base migration is still in progress. You should get your according rank, title & badge before Monday next week. Should there still be an issue after Monday, please PM me.
  • PainkillerPainkiller Common Alpha Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 12
    Hey everyone, name is Robert, 26 years old and live in TN. Been a huge fan of anything related to Space and computers (hobby of building them). Will have this and Star Citizen to keep me happy for a while once each comes out, also got Elite Dangerous. Now all I need is VR to come out >.<
  • ES_4326ES_4326 Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 1
    Hi everyone from Joe! !
  • DarkMatterMattDarkMatterMatt Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 15

The data-base migration is still in progress. You should get your according rank, title & badge before Monday next week. Should there still be an issue after Monday, please PM me.
    Haha, turns out I was too fast in signing up for the forum. Just received a username and password via email. I wonder if I can merge the accounts? or delete this one?
  • hektonianhektonian Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 8
    Hello from a guy from Finland!
    I'm a man who loves to play games and watch videos on the internet.
    Occasionally I do ICT related stuff.
    Mostly just play games and videos
  • ThymineCThymineC Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 1
    Hey, I'm ThymineC. I used to be the most active poster on the Limit Theory forums but I got banned for being an arsehole with certain psychological issues.
  • ES_9935ES_9935 Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 1
    Alright! Looking forward to this one. May development proceed smoothly, sensibly, and with reasonable expectations set and adhered to.
  • ES_7490ES_7490 Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 1
    Hi, i'm a french web developer, i work on high traffic website, i hope to meet anyone of you. and maybe scrap the -BEEP- out of you !
  • ROCKFISH_SnoopROCKFISH_Snoop Moderator Posts: 92
    ROCKFISH_Snoop here, moderator of this here forum and curator of the Everspace Subreddit. Nice to meet you all!
  • DavidDavid Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro Posts: 31
    Hi, I'm a Learning Technologist from Scotland.
    I loved Galaxy on Fire 2 on PC so I'm really looking forward to ES.
  • Blood DragonBlood Dragon Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Rogue Posts: 2
    Hello, everyone! o/

I am an aircraft maintainer by trade, though anymore I work a desk, and I love space games!
  • NautilusNautilus Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 11
    HI! I'm Nautilus, captain Nemos long lost submarine....

Naaah, just kidding. I'm Norwegian, studying industial engineering and a huge fan of spaceships, space, cars and Pokémon. It's nice to meet you all.

When i first layed eyes on EVERSPACE on kickstarter i wanted to play it there and then. I am certain that when i am customizing my first ship in-game, I'll be one of thise going quoting the 1980's space guy from the LEGO movie:

"SPACESHIP!!"