Alpha Gameplay Trailer Is Live!

ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 373Administrator
edited August 2016 in NEWS
Attention pilots,

we have been working hard on the Alpha and we're proud to present the Alpha Gameplay Trailer today:

Enjoy!

/Michael

Comments

• SoranSoran Posts: 95
    Graphics look great
  • LunoruLunoru Posts: 77Member, Common Alpha Backer
    The game looks beautiful. I hope the gameplay is even more enchanting!
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    edited April 2016
    Haven't seen much in the realm of faction interactions. Is this something that will be explorable during the Alpha, or will it be reserved after the software is fully functional?

Otherwise, really enjoying the content. Keep it up, RockFish.
  • TatsukishiTatsukishi Posts: 20Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    edited April 2016
    Heh, I already have an improvement suggestion: the shield and health bars for your ship seem very hard to keep track of. Considering the current HUD opacity/subtleness it would be much easier/nicer to have them around the crosshair, or at least in the middle of the top and a bit bigger.

//Edit: Looks real good though, can't wait to play it!
  • ElanElan Posts: 19Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Looking goood!

Can't wait! :)
  • kroopl101kroopl101 Posts: 5Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    It looks like a beautiful saturday morning filled with pizza and hope.
  • twhtlytwhtly Posts: 1Member
    Looks nice. :)
  • dankenskdankensk Posts: 8Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Amazing. :)
  • WiloWilo Posts: 5Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Wow! Can't wait to play that game!
  • theacefestheacefes Posts: 6Customer
    Looks awesome.
  • Newguyy419Newguyy419 Posts: 7Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue
    Chills, Rockfish. chills. The hype is real!
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Posts: 107Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    edited April 2016
    OMFG that trailer was AWESOME, that ending though, holy -BEEP- fucking yeah.
    *EDIT* Just noticed it edited the S word but NOT the F. XD
  • PilotChaosPilotChaos Posts: 8Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Michael, would it be possible to post the specs of the rig that the footage was captured on? With in game settings if possible? I'm very interested.
  • WoonaWoona Posts: 22Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Hype Train will soon be arriving in its destination, plus buckle up and be prepared for immediate disembarkation. Choo choo ^_^
  • WaterbuckWaterbuck Posts: 8Common Alpha Backer, Space Cat
    Trailer is KickAss \m/ \m/ :blush: :smiley:
  • SkynetSkynet Posts: 2Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    This is great news. But Alfa wont be available only during weekend or?
    Because as I read everywhere word weekend I am afraid as I don't have time this weekend..
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 373Administrator
    edited April 2016
    ES_4743 said:

Michael, would it be possible to post the specs of the rig that the footage was captured on? With in game settings if possible? I'm very interested.

• 3.5 GHz i7 quad-core CPU
    • 16 GB RAM
    • GTX770 w/ 4 GB VRAM
    • Win8 64-bit
    • Highest of four quality settings

Edit: We captured at 30 fps but the setup above runs the game at 120 fps most of the time at max quality.

• RezRez Posts: 12Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue
    Very nice.
  • JacquesJacques Posts: 1Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    'tis but a scratch
  • PilotChaosPilotChaos Posts: 8Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    That is awesome. Thanks for the response. I was hoping that my rig would be able to run it. And it clearly will. I am so stoked for Friday.
  • SebastianSebastian Posts: 3Customer
    Wow schon fetzig die Graphik. Naja noch anderthalb Tage, dann werden wir ja (hoffentlich) mitspielen dürfen.
  • DargonLahrDargonLahr Posts: 1Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Liking it a lot! Graphics looking great. Can't wait to try it out.
  • SaloriusSalorius Posts: 32Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space God
    edited April 2016
    To me the repulsion/percussion(starting at 0:51) of the guns is giving me a dizzy feeling after 10 minutes or so. My complete screen image jumps left/right/up/down, once a gun is fired ... and the guns fires every 0,3 seconds .... :#
    Maybe the ship needs an upgrade a repulse compensator (like every tank nowadays has) or a gravity hole generator, which makes the mass of the ship virtually 30.000 times heavier, thus no shaky impact anymore...
    Salorius said:

To me the repulsion/percussion(starting at 0:51) of the guns is giving me a dizzy feeling after 10 minutes or so. My complete screen image jumps left/right/up/down, once a gun is fired ... and the guns fires every 0,3 seconds .... :#

I had a similar concern sometime back, and I'm pleased to refer you to this thread that states: "The intensity of many of those shakes is still being tweaked, e.g. boosting may indeed have too much of an effect. I also plan to make the impact shakes dependent on whether you're suffering shield or hull hits.
    Turning them off entirely will probably be possible as they may cause motion sickness for some people when playing in VR." (- ROCKFISH_Marco)
  • itachithedarkitachithedark Posts: 4Member
    Is it just me or cant i find the release date for the alpha? The game looks super cool!!!!
  • NetworkpunkNetworkpunk Posts: 2Common Beta Backer, Customer
    The alpha was released in April. (end of April)
    The Beta is planned vor the 22th of June.
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 373Administrator
    Where did you get the date for the Beta from? It has always been end of July and it is just an estimate date!
    edited May 2016

The Beta is planned vor the 22th of June.

I don't think Rockfish has put a date out for the Beta yet, and I thought it was July (and even then, closer to the end of the month). Could you link to the source?

// Edit: Apparently I took too long staring at my post before hitting enter, so @ROCKFISH_Michael snuck in and sniped this before me. Thanks, Michael! //
  • NetworkpunkNetworkpunk Posts: 2Common Beta Backer, Customer
    edited May 2016
    Sorry. My fault. I thought i've seen this date in the shop. Maybe my brain was a little bit confused with other dates and numbers...
    Thanks for your rectification.
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Beta-release, whenever it will be.

Greetings
  • lowkee33lowkee33 Posts: 17Collector Beta Backer
    This trailer gets me pumped every time I love it. Can't wait to see what the beta brings.