Backer Gameplay Videos

fdiaz78fdiaz78 Posts: 101Space Optimizr
Once the Alpha releases I will be making a few gameplay videos and posting on YouTube and creating links in this thread. It would be nice if backers would post their videos here so folks don't have to click around different threads looking for gameplay videos. Super excited for Alpha!

Comments

• LunoruLunoru Posts: 77Member, Common Alpha Backer ES1
    Sounds like a plan. I was thinking of making some as well. Not that I have anything better to do, might be fun to stream some :)
  • Little NemoLittle Nemo Posts: 8Space Dog
    And don't forget the ActionFreeze function ;)
  • fdiaz78fdiaz78 Posts: 101Space Optimizr
    Lunoru said:

Sounds like a plan. I was thinking of making some as well. Not that I have anything better to do, might be fun to stream some :)

Feel free to post your link here. I will tweet it out too. Send me a PM with the time of your stream. The more eyes the better!
    edited April 2016

And don't forget the ActionFreeze function ;)

I don't know how these guys get anything done. If I was able to play this game as a developer I would be constantly playing it and not coding LOL :smiley: So beautiful.

Rockfish if the gameplay is there you guys just proved that you can have graphics without sacrificing gameplay.
    I really hope there is game-play experience that will keep you in that game, not only for the beauty but for the story, quests, fighting and so on. For example, I want to take a rest from the main quest and I wanna test my skills, so if I wanna go against bitches that are armed to the teeth, I'd love to go :D
    Lunoru said:

I really hope there is game-play experience that will keep you in that game, not only for the beauty but for the story, quests, fighting and so on. For example, I want to take a rest from the main quest and I wanna test my skills, so if I wanna go against bitches that are armed to the teeth, I'd love to go :D

I'm sure it will. GOF was an amazing game for the platform. There is no game even today on mobile that compares to the graphics quality, gameplay and story in the space shooter genre. These guys did something really neat for being limited on mobile.

Now they have access to a modern graphics engine (UE4) and not limited by a mobile platform. These guys are free to make a great shooter that we always wanted and never got until now!

If only they could do a Star Trek or Star Wars space game :blush:
    New trailer out!

I am looking forward to helping these guys make a great game, with every other Alpha/Beta buyers. I payed 60$ after all :D
    Not a backer video but looks like a new gameplay video posted today on YT from an interview with Michael.

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    In the video, at 8:50, Michael makes a comment about a potential release date for February 2017. Possibly.

Nice little interview. Would like to see more UI components, though it might be a bit longer for those to get developed and come together.
    edited April 2016
    Something bugged me about this video. Once you turn off the main engine, you instantly stop dead in space. Seeing some inertia in a medium speed stop in space would suit the game a lot better in my opinion. It would not only add the feel of actual space, but add a little more difficulty towards the game, but still retain that "Arcade" feel
  • SoranSoran Posts: 95
    Yes I couldn't agree more with you Lunoru , it just looks a little too arcade like. The ship should show thrusters firing when moving from side to side and inertia needs to be taken into account when stopping . I was going to wait for a bit to critise but now that the cat is out of the bag so to speak :p
    It does not need to be a very long distance or hard to counter the inertia. It should be fast to medium speed stop. Like thrusters for a stop :)
  • RaptorAlphaRaptorAlpha Posts: 67Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro
    Note: The devs have specifically stated that the ship handling is arcade-like to be more fun. If you're looking for realistic physics like Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen, you're in the wrong place.
  • SoranSoran Posts: 95
    Just because they want it to be fun does not mean it has to look arcade like. I play Elite Dangerous so I don't need another ED game. I also don't need your suggestion as to what or where I play
    edited April 2016

Note: The devs have specifically stated that the ship handling is arcade-like to be more fun. If you're looking for realistic physics like Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen, you're in the wrong place.

The game would still be all arcade like, even if it got only a slight inertia to when the ship stops or when you go sideways and stop. Inertia should not be very long stops or hard to control your ship kind, but a few meters flying before you completely stop would add not only the feel of actual space, but as well as increase the difficulty for the game not only in simple flying, but also in fighting. And even if it wouldn't add any difficulty, it would simply be visually satisfying

Ugh why can't I explain this more clearly, I don't get it.
    @RaptorAlpha I get what you are saying and agree 100%. I think once we play the alpha we will come away with a better feeling of the game and this aspect of the controls. I'm hoping that its nothing and it won't affect my enjoyment of the game. If it becomes an issue hopefully the developers are open to tweaking for beta and release.
  • Cain TetsuoCain Tetsuo Posts: 48Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer

• jypsonjypson Posts: 52Customer
    Having tons of fun so far! :smiley:https://youtube.com/watch?v=ldxelgwslcU
  • humanevilhumanevil Posts: 98Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr
    heres one of my lives all be it 42 mins of it lol
  • beelzebossibeelzebossi Posts: 2Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer
    Game is looking great, here is my first video with combat and escaping capital ships.

• humanevilhumanevil Posts: 98Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr
    The great escape
    Finally got some time to upload:

• ES_1202ES_1202 Posts: 1Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr
    Here's my gameplay video - hopefully it exposes the game to a few more people!
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=yjRZ27pdn4g