Who Is Hyped For Alpha?

SBKSBK Member Posts: 8
Im really looking forward to the release of the Alpha at the end of this month and sharing the game with all who have backed it also. What part of the game are you guys looking forward to the most? For me its just flying around and looking at the amazing scenery and space that we can explore. Check out my new desktop of my new Kubuntu dual boot set-up that I installed today :p

Comments

• Therian12Therian12 Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 27
    I honestly think the list of people who arent hyped for alpha would be shorter lol
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    I'm not hyped for Alpha.

Please understand, I think it'll be a great time to refine the quality and framework of the game and work out many of the kinks. But it's an Alpha. I think Rockfish Studios might lose a few fans because many are considering this "early access" to the game, but the fact of the matter is that individuals will be testing far more than playing the software to ensure it will run smoothly.

I'm more hyped for the Beta, because this will be when the true tests of a cohesive game will start to shine (having been scrubbed through the Alpha). Balancing is more of my interest than testing, by a longshot.

All in all, I am very hyped for this game. But I'm hyped for the finalized, polished product. It'll be a good one.
  • jypsonjypson Customer Posts: 52

I'm not hyped for Alpha.

Please understand, I think it'll be a great time to refine the quality and framework of the game and work out many of the kinks. But it's an Alpha. I think Rockfish Studios might lose a few fans because many are considering this "early access" to the game, but the fact of the matter is that individuals will be testing far more than playing the software to ensure it will run smoothly.

I'm more hyped for the Beta, because this will be when the true tests of a cohesive game will start to shine (having been scrubbed through the Alpha). Balancing is more of my interest than testing, by a longshot.

All in all, I am very hyped for this game. But I'm hyped for the finalized, polished product. It'll be a good one.

Definitely with you my man. Alpha is going to be great to get out there and see what's going on, but it will be a bit of a mess for a bit.
  • WiloWilo Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 5
    Found the game with imgur, the hype is real but I agree with Giraffasaur too.

• LunoruLunoru Member, Common Alpha Backer ES1 Posts: 77
    I am interested in this game. I will join the alpha to see how it goes as well as report whatever I find. Though I still do have questions about all of this, hopefully I gonna get them cleared soon enough! :)
  • AdamSpireAdamSpire Member Posts: 4
    I only hope one thing. The community stays strong and the developers listen to us.

I missed the old privateer days, I miss the story of Wing commander, I miss using my old Mach I joystick. You guys do know what a Joystick is right? I can't wait until this gets really developed. I'm glad this is staying single player, for now.

If they ever go player vs player I just hope they do not cave in to the whiners. Don't rail me for saying, but the only combat flight system I have liked, in the last few years, was the Star Wars Old republic starfighter. Let me explain. A guy could get on a light fighter, for the first time, and take out a vet.

I never liked pay to win. I never liked trial by fire. I never liked having to be a level 50 to stand a chance at fighting a level 51.

Wasn't this how Freelancer started out? Single to online pvp?
    Once it comes out, sure will be there to support this game what ever way I can. By the way @AdamSpire The developers said that this game will NOT have any in-game micro-transactions. Means it shouldn't be a Pay to win game :)
  • AdamSpireAdamSpire Member Posts: 4
    I really and thankful for that. I hope the funds they get into development make it worth the effort. Seeing how my PC can run this game, I'm looking to get a method to get the game. Still got a few days left.
    If I am correct (if not correct me) The Steam email Alpha codes are going out in 5 day. In my life I have bought only 3 games in total (I am quite a pirate haha) so, since I invested 60$ into this, it better be worth it, because right now.. I'm broke :D
  • jypsonjypson Customer Posts: 52
    AdamSpire said:

I only hope one thing. The community stays strong and the developers listen to us.

I missed the old privateer days, I miss the story of Wing commander, I miss using my old Mach I joystick. You guys do know what a Joystick is right? I can't wait until this gets really developed. I'm glad this is staying single player, for now.

If they ever go player vs player I just hope they do not cave in to the whiners. Don't rail me for saying, but the only combat flight system I have liked, in the last few years, was the Star Wars Old republic starfighter. Let me explain. A guy could get on a light fighter, for the first time, and take out a vet.

I never liked pay to win. I never liked trial by fire. I never liked having to be a level 50 to stand a chance at fighting a level 51.

Wasn't this how Freelancer started out? Single to online pvp?

With all due respect, I think developers listen too much sometimes. RockFish knows what they want to do, and it's my opinion that they should stick to their own plan and not give too much credence to suggestions and demands no matter how sincere and well meaning they may be. Good luck devs!
  • humanevilhumanevil Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 98
    my hype level is pretty high but then im looking forward to seeing the amazing sights as well as bug reporting as well, but i agree ive seen it with a particular other kickstarted game, people get real funny when they play an alpha and its not a ubisoft or activision alpha (alpha two weeks before full release type of thing) i for one look forward to this alpha so bring it on!!
    humanevil said:

my hype level is pretty high but then im looking forward to seeing the amazing sights as well as bug reporting as well, but i agree ive seen it with a particular other kickstarted game, people get real funny when they play an alpha and its not a ubisoft or activision alpha (alpha two weeks before full release type of thing) i for one look forward to this alpha so bring it on!!

Yeah, I think Alphas are dangerous things in the hands of a community. Too much power escapes the developer, and it makes the community more entitled. Alphas are meant to test software, not give players a first-look or early-access.

My fear is RockFish will consider Alpha backers as more credible voices in Everspace's development, when in actuality they're just software testers. But time will tell.

I just hope the Alpha backers understand their role, just as much as RockFish.
    Alpha tester's are testers. They can add suggestions based on solid things. It's RockFish's job to read them and decide if they want it or not. We're here to test bugs and obviously with that same privilege enjoy and spread the word about the game world wide
    @Lunoru Just curious, what do you consider to be the difference between an Alpha and a Beta?
    Simply put, Alpha testers are more of a bug catchers. They try out everything, find stuff and report them to RockFish. As well with the privilege of giving ideas to the game, that could be implemented overtime and in general help to polish the game with feedback. As well as promoting the game world wide, obviously.

Beta testers take off from where the Alpha finishes. They play the game for the story, look at the graphics, details, find minor bugs, might even suggest some of the things for the game and so on. The difference between both isn't really that big honestly, just that they get to play in a more complete game, than where the Alpha starts.

Usually it happens that they find things that even the Alpha would not have noticed
    edited April 2016
    I think it is so fascinating how the definition of an Alpha has adapted as far as it has.

In game development less than 2 years ago, everything you just described was Beta testing. Alpha testing was ALWAYS done internally because the game was not in a commercially playable state, resulting in game crashes, severe framerate drops, skipping large portions of the game due to coding errors and the like. Bug catching is child's play in comparison to the role of what Alpha testers used to be.

That all said, if Alpha testers are the new Beta testers, then I agree with everything you've stated. Otherwise, it has become very clear that Alpha testers consider themselves something far more than the role they play, and that scares me as both an independent developer and gamer.
    I am no developer, so I can be quite let's say "childish" upon how I describe the roles of Developer, Alpha and Beta, since I've mostly been a beta tester in multiple of games and all I have done was bug reports and giving suggestions. I have been on the developer side as well, but the time I've spent there is really minimum in comparison.

While you are right about the things you've just wrote, but I doubt that there won't be any game crashes or severe framerate drops during the Alpha. Hopefully we won't see them, but I'm pretty sure that we will and all of that will file up on us testing it and probably recording it while we're at it for the Developers to see and fix. We're no developers, we can't fix the code or something like that, all we can do is point out the flaws and hope they get fixed. As well as with the privilege of actually adding something to the game via your suggestions, if Rockfish likes them obviously.
    @Lunoru I like you. I hope to see your feedback through your Alpha testing here on the forums.
    See you there :)
  • ES_2732ES_2732 Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 2
    Am I ever!!
  • SpawnTDKSpawnTDK Customer Posts: 4
    not hyped. i know a lot of alphas and betas and also know how they can backfire, it has become even more worse of the past 4-7 years .. communitys are so ... meeeeee

i'm looking forward to the final game. i was realy disappointed with the spacesims released over the past 2 years, i realy need something more action and story focused (dunno about the story in everspace). something that takes me back to the good old times of tie-fighter, schleichfahrt, wing-commander, freespace, privateer, etc.
    i don't wanna be forced to grind up cash for a new ship, like we need to do in E:D
  • ES_9ES_9 Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 4
    I will have a look at the Alpha, of course, but then I'll stay away from the game until it's ready. :smile:
  • SkypatSkypat Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    Hello, just bought the collector edition, will see :)
    i have not the forum badge throught
    Skypat said:

Hello, just bought the collector edition, will see :)
    i have not the forum badge throught

Did you use this account, when you we're buying the collector's edition? (because if you did, you should have it)
  • SkypatSkypat Member Posts: 2
    badge is now up from few minutes, i changed my email account, thx
  • deathwatcherdeathwatcher Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 1
    me on friday [ minus the elf siut :expressionless: ] http://i.imgur.com/R7GziDw.gif