Linux support

Will Everspace2 have linux support? I really like how original everspace was made... Can i hope for the best?

Comments

• HazzyDevilHazzyDevil Member Posts: 27
    Yes there will be Linux support!
  • DiHidrogenMonooxideDiHidrogenMonooxide Member Posts: 12
    > @HazzyDevil said:
    > Yes there will be Linux support!
    That’s AWESOME!
    First was one of the best games with native Linux support! Hope second will be even better!
  • benvantendebenvantende Member Posts: 4
    I am currently running the Early Access with Kubuntu and Steam Proton Experimental. I had to change some settings, because else the ship would just swirl all over the screen. Although not all settings are Epic I am really happy with how it runs and looks. Of course looking forward to pure Linux experience.
  • tdphystdphys Member Posts: 1
    Running Arch, Xmonad, Steam Proton Experimental. Graphics on way low - no mouse. Love this game, looking forward to native client!
  • DiHidrogenMonooxideDiHidrogenMonooxide Member Posts: 12
    I'll wait for release: i want non-spoiled experience: with ES1 it was really cool, because you don't know what happens next....
    The latest Experimental update fails to rum with Proton with a message to download MS Visual C++ and than fails with "ue4 prerequisites invalid acl"
    The same also goes for the 'regular' early access build. I included the screen I get in the process. Until now unable to fix it.

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,317
    It seems that Unreal Engine 4.26 broke the proton installation for us. A workaround can be found in this thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1128920/discussions/6/3123786356699100510/