Crashes again after a lot of Crashes resolved

selenineselenine Member Posts: 5
Hi,

I'm new here and I'm not sure whether this error has been solved before. However, I have recently built a new PC with specs as below:

Ryzen 7 3700X
MOBO X570
GPU RX 5700 XT
RAM 16GB
PSU 650W

I started playing and somehow a lot of crashes happened after several minutes of playing. But somehow after done some googling and browsing, I found out it is mostly related to the AMD GPU. Then I testing the AMD settings here and there, Walahhh! I managed to get playing in hours with no crashing at all.

But suddenly this error happened, now I cannot even started the game (game is loading into the menu and crashing to desktop). Please help.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unknown exception - code c0000096 (first/second chance not available)

PhysX3_x64
PhysX3_x64
PhysX3_x64
PhysX3_x64
PhysX3_x64
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask >::ExecuteTask() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:829]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTaskThreadAnyThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:800]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTaskThreadBase::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:516]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P/S: PhysX is NVidia's stuffs, right?

Thanks.

Answers

• selenineselenine Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

After the error above, I have re-installed the game, and everything works fine.

But now, this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

RSG_Win64_Shipping!FIndirectLightingCache::UpdateCacheAllocation() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\indirectlightingcache.cpp:643]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FIndirectLightingCache::UpdateCachePrimitive() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\indirectlightingcache.cpp:700]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FIndirectLightingCache::UpdateCachePrimitivesInternal() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\indirectlightingcache.cpp:505]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask::ExecuteTask() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:834]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTaskThreadAnyThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:800]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTaskThreadBase::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:516]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I can't start the game at all. Sigh.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,218
    Hi, this all sounds very weird. I also don't think I've ever seen the error message with FIndirectLightingCache::UpdateCacheAllocation()

When you say "I have re-installed the game, and everything works fine." and then say "but now, this" - does it mean that at first after re-install everything worked withot any problems? If so - how long? And when you say "But now, this" - do you mean that now this error appears every time you try to start the game?

This all sounds very weird, can't make much sense of it. But one thing you should try is to delete your config folder which is located at C:\Users\{YOUR_USERNAME}\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\Config You can reach the AppData\Local folder easily by typing %localappdata% in a windows explorer address field.

After having deleted the folder, please verify the integrity of the game files via the steam client: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Hope that helps
    Hi, my reply as below:

Q: When you say "I have re-installed the game, and everything works fine." and then say "but now, this" - does it mean that at first after re-install everything worked withot any problems? If so - how long?
    A: Yes, everything works fine. I can play for about 2 days (26th - 28th June), until I reported "But now, this:" error.

Q: And when you say "But now, this" - do you mean that now this error appears every time you try to start the game?
    A: Yes, every time. I tried about 4 times. So I can think of one solution, I re-installed the game again and everything works fine. Until..

Yesterday 29th June, while playing, the game suddenly freezes, turn the screen to pitch black, pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL also not working, and suddenly my first BSOD appeared. Refer below:

Stop code: VIDEO TDR FAILURE
    What failed: amdkmdag.sys

:s
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"This all sounds very weird, can't make much sense of it. But one thing you should try is to delete your config folder which is located at C:\Users\{YOUR_USERNAME}\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\Config You can reach the AppData\Local folder easily by typing %localappdata% in a windows explorer address field.

After having deleted the folder, please verify the integrity of the game files via the steam client: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335"

Ok i'll try this once I got home. Thanks.

Hi, I have deleted the folder as suggested and tested playing again this morning. It was ok for 10 - 15 minutes as I managed to pass 1 stage. Suddenly the screen stuck and I received this error:

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

RSG_Win64_Shipping!UObject::execPushExecutionFlow() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1752]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!UObject::ProcessInternal() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:984]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!UObject::CallFunction() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:896]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!UObject::ProcessInternal() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:984]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!UFunction::Invoke() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4729]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!UObject::ProcessEvent() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1344]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!AActor::ProcessEvent() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:730]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTimerManager::Tick() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\timermanager.cpp:600]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::Tick() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1517]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Tick() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1311]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3496]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:166]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:144]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!WinMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent\_work\1\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
    kernel32
    ntdll

Maybe I need to pause for a while. Tired to re-run the stages again :(
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,218
    Hi, not sure how to help anymore - because all of these crashes seem to be quite low level and random and because you had that bluescreen I don't think that the problem is related to Everspace. I believe that you are facing a hardware issue - probably cooling/ram/mainboard who knows... When googling VIDEO TDR FAILURE I found a lot of threads, maybe read through this for example: https://softwarekeep.com/help-center/how-to-fix-video-tdr-failure-atikmpagsys
    Hi,

Yes, agreed. I'm mainly suspect its a GPU failure. Never mind I'm trying to tune up and experimenting the GPU a bit and let's see how it goes.

Thanks for your help sir.