Controller Mix up

Every time I start up (if it doesn't freeze), the game thinks I'm using a PS3 controller, I'm using a keyboard and mouse. The PS3 controller s not connected in any way. I'm playing from Steam. I uninstalled the game and quit Steam, started Steam and downloaded Everspace and installed it. The problem is still there. I'm on a Mac desktop. running MacOS 10.14.6 and Steam. The version of Everspace is the latest and includes all DLCs.

Other Steam games run fine, usually.

I am at a loss.

Thank you,

Tony

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,218
    edited June 18
    So what happens in the game? you can't use the mouse to control? Or is it constantly switching between mouse and gamepad mode? This would indicate that some controller device is still sending inputs - could it be that the ps3 controller is still connected via bluetooth?

If not, there are two things you can try:
    • Disable controller support in the steam library settings. They could be conflicting. Right-click on Everspace in the steam client library and select Properties->General and there should be two checkboxes at the bottom ("Steam Input Per-Game-Setting" and "Use BPM Overlay When Steam Input Is Active Per-Game Setting"). Set them both to "forced off"
    • In the game, you can try to change the setting of options->controls->controller->"use touchpad to move crosshair" and see if this changes the behavior
  • TonyRTonyR Member Posts: 3
    It flickers between the two. The PS3 controller is disconnected from bluetooth.

I'll try your other suggestions.

Thank you,

Tony
  • TonyRTonyR Member Posts: 3
    I tried all your suggestions. No luck.

Thank you,

Tony
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,218
    Hmm, sorry I'm pretty much at a loss, then. The game definitely must be receiving some input signal from somewhere other than mouse/kb. Something else must be somehow connected, I don't know...