using the mouse to look around

Is there a way to set up the mouse to look around? I am a keyboard/mouse player and this is a big help for me.

Answers

• Ganodi GungiGanodi Gungi Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 58
    edited January 25
    You can swing your mouse right and left but the ship moves along with it. You can press Z but it will also pause the game and you can zoom in and out. The mouse has a free look sensitivity gauge but no free look action and the keyboard also. I simply swing my mouse right and left for now. B)
  • cannonfoddercannonfodder Member Posts: 2
    unfortunately, that is not working for me. when I am flying , the only way for me to look is with the arrow keys and that makes it tough to steer and shoot. I need a third arm...
  • lol_hypelol_hype Member, Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES2 Posts: 47
    Are you playing on a laptop or a desktop? Open the keyboard mapping menu and check what's assigned to those arrow key inputs - you should be able to remap your mouse to those.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,218

Is there a way to set up the mouse to look around? I am a keyboard/mouse player and this is a big help for me.

Not sure I understand you correctly, but you can hold down left alt at any time and then use your mouse to rotate around your ship, which effectively let's you look around and behind quickly