Did not receive the demo key

Hey guys! Backer 742 reporting in.

I just read that you sent out the demo keys. First: Yay! Gz for reaching this milestone.

But sadly there is something weird going on for me. I pledged 40€ and selected the Standard Edition, which also includes the demo. But I did not receive the demo key . That's why I checked on my kickstarter pledge and was very confused to see that for some reason I only got the 30€ 'Just the Game please' package (which doesn't include the demo key) while I still pledged for the full 40€.
I checked my mails and the mail I got from Kickstarter clearly says that I pledged for the 'Standard Edition'.
See here: https://imgur.com/IYUHTgP

It gets even weirder, considering the fact that as far as I know the "Just the Game please' package was only added AFTER I already pledged.

Any way to sort this out? I would really like to test the game.

Comments

• MaykxorMaykxor Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 2
    Backer 2235 here. I'm in the same boat.
    I got the €250 sound and art edition which comes with all previous rewards and didn't get an email regarding the beta. XD
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,207
    Maykxor said:

Backer 2235 here. I'm in the same boat.
    I got the €250 sound and art edition which comes with all previous rewards and didn't get an email regarding the beta. XD

Hi, I just sent you a private message with your key.
  • LuxorLuxor Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2019
    And I just got my key too. That was quick. Thank you very much. Can't wait to test it out and start complaining giving constructive feedback. :wink:

I hope this doesn't come over as ungrateful but is there a way to receive the access to the dev forum that's part of the 40€ package?
  • MaykxorMaykxor Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 2
    I also got it. Cheers!
  • distalondistalon Member Posts: 2
    Hi, how long does the server take to generate and send a key. I understand your prob a skeleton crew today but could i get the key i was promised on purchase. Thanks
  • ROCKFISH_UweROCKFISH_Uwe HamburgAdministrator Posts: 118
    @distalon I just sent you a private message with your key.
  • distalondistalon Member Posts: 2
    Thankyou much!
  • zeraphinzeraphin Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2019
    Bonjour/hello :)

I acquired the Season Pass Edition yesterday through the website, i wanted to know if to be able to play the prototype it works the same as the kickstarter? I'm patiently waiting to get the access key. :p
    @zeraphin You’ll get a key via e-mail in the next couple of days. The system is not automated yet and takes some time. Hope you understand.
    Thanks for supporting Everspace 2 !!
  • zeraphinzeraphin Member Posts: 2
    @ROCKFISH_Uwe I've got it, thank you for your concern. :p Glad to support you guys :)

Joyeux Noël à toutes et tous! ;)
  • kn0wmad1ckn0wmad1c Member Posts: 1
    Hi, @ROCKFISH_Uwe! Just throwing my name in the hat of people who have not yet received their prototype key. I can PM the receipt of my Standard Edition purchase if you'd like.
  • DJAxcessDJAxcess Member Posts: 3

The system is not automated yet and takes some time. Hope you understand.
    Thanks for supporting Everspace 2 !!

-BEEP-, that's a bummer. Now on one side I hope that someone is checking the purchases between the holidays, but on the other hand I also hope the team will get a few days off to celebrate with their families and friends. Wish I could've gotten my hands on the demo on my holiday, but if I gotta wait a few more days, well, have yourself a merry little christmas (and a happy new year).
    @DJAxcess I‘ll cross my fingers for you! And we‘ re glad to have folks like you supporting us. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year likewise!
  • RucamanRucaman Member Posts: 2
    Christmas greetings from the oldest city in Germany. Backed shortly before christmas. Hopefully i get my key before my holiday ends at the 6 january.
    @Rucaman I wouldn't bet on it. 27th and 30th are usually "bridge days" which everyone's taking their final holiday for the year. Most companies are closed these days. January 2nd and 3rd might be a possibility where some people might start working again, but I guess we won't see it before January 7th when usual work starts again. I'm in the same boat here and wish I could play the prototype for a bit through my holiday, but I think everyone deserves some holidays around christmas and new years'. Just play some Everspace 1 or watch some youtube videos of Everspace 2 until we get the key. At least that's what I do here. Season's greetings from another very old town (not city) in the South of Germany.
    Seriously, I‘d love to send you the keys, but I“m down here in the beautiful south, too! And I‘m not the keeper of the keys unfortunately. Just have patience for some more days!!
    All the best for 2020 and see you soon in space!
    edited December 2019

Seriously, I‘d love to send you the keys, but I“m down here in the beautiful south, too! And I‘m not the keeper of the keys unfortunately. Just have patience for some more days!!
    All the best for 2020 and see you soon in space!

Just out of curiousity... If you're in the beautiful south (probably with your wife and kids), why the **** do you even bother reading the forum? Shouldn't you enjoy your time off instead? Just kidding... I'm a server administrator myself and I somehow can't switch off everything 100% without even logging in every now and then and checking if everything is running smoothly. Have a nice holiday and a great start into 2020. ;)

[EDIT 29.12.]: Whoever worked today to send out the keys, THANK YOU. ;) Saved my holiday here. Enjoy the rest of your holidays and have a happy new year.
    @Rucaman I just re-sent you your key via PM (in case yo have not recevied it already)
    @kn0wmad1c I think support already answered you and you shoul have received your key by now, no?
  • RucamanRucaman Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    i have received and tried the key. Thanks a lot!
  • BakerOneBakerOne Member Posts: 1
    Hello Rockfish games,
    I backed the kickstarter with the 40$ pack, but I had some problems making the payment at first and don't know if it was done in time. Now I am not sure if I am an eligible backer or not, how can I check this?
    Hi @BakerOne , you are listed in our backer list with the 40$ pack. I'll send you the prototype key via PM.
    Thanks for supporting Everspace 2!!
  • chutoi44chutoi44 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 16
    What should we do to receive the demo version please ? I'm interested.

SHAREit MX Player
    chutoi44 said:

What should we do to receive the demo version please ? I'm interested.

Well, Kickstarter backers who have pledged on the "Standard edition" or higher did receive a steam key for the prototype some months ago. Did you support us on kickstarter, because I couldn't find the email address you're using amongst the kickstarter backer data?
  • EnerJayEnerJay Member Posts: 5
    @ROCKFISH_Andi I missed the kickstarter :disappointed: is there any way to still contribute to be able to get prototype/alpha/beta access?