Crash Report

I had this game in EA and it crashed constantly, re-purchased and it's the same exact thing.

LoginId:76b0e33b4cf487713a0f47aa0ca20001
EpicAccountId:

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 200] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

RSG_Win64_Shipping!FDebug::AssertFailed() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:425]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TerminateOnDeviceRemoved() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:213]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!VerifyD3D11Result() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:249]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FD3D11Viewport::WaitForFrameEventCompletion() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\public\d3d11viewport.h:81]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHIEndDrawingViewport() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:614]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRHICommandListExecutor::ExecuteInner() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\rhicommandlist.cpp:573]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRHICommandList::EndDrawingViewport() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\rhicommandlist.cpp:1509]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FSlateRHIRenderer::DrawWindow_RenderThread() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\slaterhirenderer\private\slaterhirenderer.cpp:928]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask > >::ExecuteTask() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:844]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:664]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:574]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!RenderingThreadMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:333]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRenderingThread::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:467]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]

Comments

• WylkerWylker Member Posts: 4
    Game Version: 1.3.5.36556

ci7 920
    32gb ram
    780 Ti
    windows 10
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,156
    Hi, you've been affected by the infamous "D3D device being lost" bug - if this happens to you a lot, editing the tdrdelay registry values can help, it also might help if you play at reduced graphics, tone down the overclocking of your graphics card, connect your notebook to a power source (if you're using one). You can find more details/suggestions in the following threads:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/670166/unreal-engine-is-exiting-due-to-d3d-device-being-l-8.html

https://forums.funcom.com/t/unreal-engine-is-exiting-due-to-d3d-device-being-lost-error-0x887a0006-hung/9652

https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/7l2qcw/aberration_unreal_engine_is_exiting_due_to_d3d/
  • PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Member Posts: 149
    Andi, darn it, why don't you link this one? ;) It seems the solution should work as I see no other reason for the crash :)
    https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/5213/attempted-solution-device-being-lost-error#latest
    Well, I'm curious as well if the TDRDelay edit works for anyone (it's also mentioned in the first thread I linked), unfortunately not a single person confirmed this as working, yet (we did get confirmation in some cases the past that reducing the overclocking worked, though)
  • PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Member Posts: 149
    edited December 2019
    Well, like I already wrote here, the overclocking can be an indirect cause for the TDR reset as well. Even if we exclude the actual overclocking-caused hardware failure (which I doubt is possible on the modern GPUs), where the VRAM addressing corruption takes place, triggering a failsafe lockup, overclocking your GPU doesn't necessarily make it faster. Let's imagine a system where the cooling or the VRM headspace is insufficient to maintain the overclocked operation under the constant full load. Under the most circumstances VSYNC and other limiting factors will keep the TDP way below the safe levels, and the overclocked operation will remain. Once for some reason, however, the TDP peaks up for enough time (say, the framerate decreased below the VSYNC value while under full GPU occupancy, and the adaptive VSYNC disabled the additional delays - or just an init-stage compute shader took too long to conclude), the GPU's BIOS will start the underclocked operation of the GPU and/or VRAM, possibly limiting Vrel. With this, an overclocked GPU will run underclocked for a while, which can easily trigger the TDR watchdog. Of course, such operation is not a really proper way of how the overclocking should be done, yet here the quantity matters. Say, I'd prefer the overclocked operation with very rare throttling over the stock clocks, also having it flip the TDR watchdog is a sign of the watchdog always being on the edge anyway (again, with 8-second TDR I only had one single type of overclocking issues on a factory-OC card, was solved by reworking the PSU's air intake).
    Most likely people are just once too careful with the registry, especially as, as far as I know, Win10 doesn't have this key present by default. Also I've seen many reports of the Reset error present with a factory overclocking, or even without any overclocking at all, so this feels like a good start.
  • DigiacejediDigiacejedi Member Posts: 1
    LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 200] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0007 - 'RESET')

RSG_Win64_Shipping!FDebug::AssertFailed() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:425]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!TerminateOnDeviceRemoved() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:213]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!VerifyD3D11Result() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:249]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHICreateUniformBuffer() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11uniformbuffer.cpp:161]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!SetUniformBufferParameterImmediate() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\shadercore\public\shaderparameterutils.h:512]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!InternalDrawRectangle() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\scenefilterrendering.cpp:200]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!DrawRectangle() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\scenefilterrendering.cpp:273]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRCPassPostProcessWeightedSampleSum::Process() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\postprocessweightedsamplesum.cpp:1055]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRenderingCompositionGraph::RecursivelyProcess() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\renderingcompositiongraph.cpp:746]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRenderingCompositePassContext::Process() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\renderingcompositiongraph.cpp:237]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FPostProcessing::Process() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\postprocessing.cpp:2221]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::Render() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\deferredshadingrenderer.cpp:1393]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!RenderViewFamily_RenderThread() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\scenerendering.cpp:2850]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask<`FRendererModule::BeginRenderingViewFamily'::`20'::EURCMacro_FDrawSceneCommand>::ExecuteTask() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:829]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:664]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:574]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!RenderingThreadMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:333]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRenderingThread::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:467]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]
    edited January 13
    @Digiacejedi Yep, that's the exact same error. Possible solutions/workarounds see the answers above. Well it says "Reset" instead of "Hung" but I guess the same stuff applies