FOV Slider and Unlocked FPS?

AnomanderAnomander Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 4
Will there be a FOV slider to change the view of the ship or is locked as it is? Playing on a Ultra Widescreen 2560*1080 (I haven't tried changing the video setting from Windowed Fullscreen mode) it feels like the outside of the ship view is too close.

Playing with a RTX 2070 Super and the game defaulted to Epic settings. Game was rock steady smooth so far, but was locked from rate at 75FPS due to the display settings. Will there be an uncapped FPS setting as well?

Comments

• KardininKardinin Member, Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES2 Posts: 11
    Right there with ya. I have an ultra-widescreen display, and I feel like I'm playing too close to the windshield (thank goodness that nose simulator from an earlier dev post during the campaign hasn't been implemented yet... is this an Easter egg toggle? ;-)

I'm guesstimating that the devs will probably have FOV slider--it's practically industry standard at this point.

In a similar vein, though, will there be an option for arbitrary frame-rate capping (I have g-sync monitor). Riva Tuner Statistics Server, which I use for framerate control in most other games, didn't work for ES1 and neither does it work for the demo. I'm one of those weird guys that notice frame-rate changes, and would rather keep things at 80fps for super-smooth motion w/o wild jumps in FPS to keep my graphics card running cool.

Love the demo.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,217
    Will add these at some point
  • lol_hypelol_hype Member, Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES2 Posts: 47
    No FOV slider in the demo, no. And since there aren't going to be updates, there won't be one either. Having played on both ultrawide and 16:9 displays, I can confirm the latter is a slightly nicer experience in terms of ship-filling-you-screen size, which is unfortunate as the ultrawide is my primary display.