Things I want for Everspace 2

Yulia11Yulia11 Posts: 80Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1
edited November 8 in GAMEPLAY (ES1)
1. Guided missiles. Librators (guided nuke) are awesome in GOF2. But the nuke in everspace should definitely return. (odd similarity to big 'CENSOR' gun)
2. A melee weapon per say, maybe restrict the range in space until at an later point. Think Crissgrim in Castlevania.
3. Basic drone control like focus fire, surround ship or return to ship.
4. Automated flight towards object which can be interrupted by sudden debris or attackers. And controlling turret.
5. Gravity weapon, as in launch small debris or scarps. Maybe a few other ancient version of common ones too.
6. Projectile reflection and missile redirection around endgame.
7. Certain enemies with more hacky equipment like blinking, emp and shield piercing.
8. Turning in bounty and taking full inventories of other ships?

By the way, any other stretch goal planned if the game sells in the shop?

Comments

• PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 141Member
    Yulia11 said:

odd similarity to big 'CENSOR' gun

In ES1 there is ARC9000, guess this thing will remain - though I'd like to have a huge "simple" torpedo as well.
    Yulia11 said:

2. A melee weapon per say, maybe restrict the range in space until at an later point.

Same thing, already present in Encounters DLC so I guess it will remain too.
    5, 6 - second that.
    Yulia11 said:

7. Gravity weapon, as in launch small debris or scarps.

Doubtful at first, as all the weapons require no ammo anyway. However thinking of it, killing someone with a fuel tank launched in one's face would be funny :smile:
    Yulia11 said:

8. Projectile reflection and missile redirection around endgame.

Already present (Beeline). A more advanced variant (like drone/turret hacking, but for missiles, as well as an ability to actually deflect stuff) would be nice though.
    Yulia11 said:

9. Certain enemies with more hacky equipment like blinking, emp and shield piercing.

Already here, again. Many clone and higher-grade Okkar enemies have the above abilities, and EMP attacks are delivered by the Okkar scan drones. Rapid shield drainage is pretty common in ES1 (the outlaws use shield-draining missiles as well as incendiary ones, that cause a random system to overheat, and the Okkar and certain clones have shield-busting weapons that do not cause much hull damage, but remove your shields in no time). The Gray Goo drains your hull without any interaction with your shields.
    Yulia11 said:

10. Turning in bounty and taking full inventories of other ships?

I guess I know what game you have in mind :wink: . As far as it can be considered classic, and the new iterations of one feel too boring to me - why not have the good stuff in ES2 instead? So, second that, and also an ability to capture fighters would be cool.

• Yulia11Yulia11 Posts: 80Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1

I know it's a different genre but I think rapid air slash will be wicked fun by endgame. It's definitely no simple Plasma thrower. -BEEP- add a shield ram too.

In Ubisoft's space game, there is a lasso ability which let you tail other ships easily. It can however also drag you into collisions.
  • PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 141Member
    Yulia11 said:

I know it's a different genre

You can google up Bright Memory, which is a first-person shooter but still allows you to do this, and it feels pretty cool. Don't really know how to make it be fun in space though, but guess simply sending shockwaves inclined left and right by something like 15deg along your roll axis will do the trick.
    Guess I know where to make a quick preview... :wink:
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,104Moderator
    Hi Yulia, thanks for all the suggestions, these are all pretty good and some of them are already on our list to test/potentially implement.