Everspace 2 now live on Kickstarter!

ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Moderator Posts: 1,104
edited October 2 in NEWS (ES1)
We're very excited to announce that the Kickstarter campaign for Everspace 2 just launched! The sequel to Everspace won't be a roguelike, but an open-world space shooter with deep exploration, tons of loot and classic RPG elements.

Your invaluable feedback helped make Everspace the success it was, which is why we'd like to get you on board as soon as possible. With your support we will be able to stay in full creative and financial control and increase the overall quality of the game. So please have a look at our reward tiers and maybe help us unlock a few stretchgoals as well. We would also like to point out that anyone backing on a digital game copy of Everspace 2 will receive a playable Demo Version before the end of this year!

Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rockfishgames/everspace-2

Comments

• polnochpolnoch Member Posts: 5
    Hi guys. I've bought your game. And ready to buy it again. There is only one requirement: VR. No VR, no buy. VR ecosistem now expirienced a new renessance (after release Valve Index).
    I ready to buy an expansive VR DLC for your game. I've read FAQ in the kickstarter page, that VR is not confirmed. So, it's reason why I still not backed in the project. You can PROMISE it - VR version, than I'll invest in the kickstarter in not-VR version - just to support your team and never even launch it. So, please promise VR version, and than we'll support you. Release space sim in 2k20 without VR, is soo strange.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Moderator Posts: 1,104
    Regarding CR, we can't promise it at this point. It's a lot of work and many people gave us bad reviews for the VR implementation in Everspace, so at this point, it looks we'll only consider doing it when having tons of money and also, as stated in the FAQ, if we do it, it will be a special Everspace 2 VR version
  • DarthFlatWhiteDarthFlatWhite Member Posts: 32
    While I'm keen to support the game via Kickstarter, is there any way that a digital copy for console could happen?

It doesn't make much sense for me to sign up for one of the tiers with a physical console copy, but I basically don't use physical copies on my Xbox anymore and it would be a pain to have one game with physical, or have to pay again for a digital copy on full release

Also, I assume if we are only going for physical console copies, that any early access (realise it would be after PC) for consoles such as was done with Xbox last time to nail a few bugs before full release would be out?
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Moderator Posts: 1,104

While I'm keen to support the game via Kickstarter, is there any way that a digital copy for console could happen?

We've added a "just a digital console copy" reward tier for 35EUR.

• DarthFlatWhiteDarthFlatWhite Member Posts: 32
    Fantastic, will be using that as my pledge
  • ShwingShwing Member Posts: 3
    Apologies if this has been asked / answered before, but will you be supporting the next gen consoles like the PS5 (either via an update to existing PS4 code or a stand alone PS5 version)?

Many thanks!
  • Ganodi GungiGanodi Gungi Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 36
    I was a supporter on Everspace and In the next few days I'll do the same for Everspace II.
    Who doesn't want the demo right?
    My post is about ship design, I've noticed that all cockpits are center front, center or center rear, to do so is like saying the whole universe has the same design preferences. Have you ever considered making a ship with a far right or left cockpit design?
  • z13l5ch31b3z13l5ch31b3 Member Posts: 1
    gz Leute, gz ! :)<3