Lock-On stuck on auto

Dr. BrownBoi MDDr. BrownBoi MD Posts: 2Member
Version: 1.3.4
Specs: Radeon RX 580 4GB, i5-3470, Biostar TZ77B Motherboard.

I've tested multiple mice and controllers to ensure that they're not the issue.

TL;DR: No matter what, despite unbinding lock controls and re-installation, my game auto locks when aiming at a ship.

Long Version:
I was playing, when suddenly my game started instantly locking on to any ship that flew in front of my crosshairs. Immediately, I jumped so as to save my progress, exited the game, and verified the integrity of my game files. After receiving a positive report from Steam, I uninstalled and re-installed the game to no avail. I figured, hey, I just got my new G502 Logitech Mouse, that could be the issue. I tried with another mouse and still ran into the issue. I noticed that my controller was plugged in, so I unplugged it and that changed nothing. In a fit of slight anger and my love for the game, I disabled the lock controls so I could continue playing, just without the ability to lock-on (I'd say I've got some solid accuracy.) To my demise, the game somehow kept automatically locking onto everything.

Unfortunately, the only video I can provide is not an in-game capture, because Radeon ReLive doesn't like me. However, I did film the issue with my S10 and you can find that here.

Seriously RockFish, if you need any details at all, hit me up immediately. I'll give you guys my -BEEP- phone number if need be, I just wanna potentially get this resolved so I can comfortably get back to taking down Okkar Corvettes while listening to Metallica and ignoring my existential dread.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,086Moderator
    Hi, this sounds like a binding conflict/problem. Unfortunately, the resetting of controls from the menu is not 100% reliable, the only way to reliably restore defaults is to go to C:\Users\{YOUR_USERNAME}\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor and delete the following two files:

GameUserSettings.ini
    Input.ini

I'm pretty sure that this will solve the problem. Note that the AppData folder is most likely hidden on your system, to easily access it, type %localappdata% in a Windows Explorer address field and go to the mentioned folder from there.

Hope that helps!
  • Dr. BrownBoi MDDr. BrownBoi MD Posts: 2Member
    edited June 6
    You absolute fu***** genius. Honestly, I don't know why I didn't think to do this before. I yeeted those .ini files and now I'm golden. I shall return back to the life of destroying Corvettes. Thanks dawg. Yall are awesome.