[Switch] Bug List

cAndyMancAndyMan Posts: 19Member
edited January 14 in Bug Reports
Hi guys,

I really like this game and played a lot since the Switch release. So I wanted to share some bugs I encountered for further bugfixing.

- Somebody mentioned this bug before on an other platform (I think it was on PS4):
After Throng told me to scan the GrayGoo, I only get „Scanner Impairment“ as Hazard. There were black holes and small electric storm bubbles as usual. But every (!) on the map meant scanner impairment (cloudy area). No Dark Nebula, no lightning storms (whole map), no solar storms and no areas, where system components overheat. I did at least 10 runs and finished at least 7 of them until the end. One time I remember to even got a whole sector 6 without hazards (took a screenshot of it). After finishing the main story, I went for those GrayGoos and just scanning didn‘t help. I talked to Throng in the following run and after that, I got Ancient Temple into Ancient Temple into dark nebula into dark nebula into dark nebula (yes 3 times in a row, so I saw that some dark nebulas seems to be darker than others) into a map with danger of overheating system components into a map with jump supressor on frigate. I fight it too creedy and died. So finishing Throngs quest seemed to help.

- Some containers can not be opened, espacially the flat square boxes on rocks/cliffs and some that spawn in scrapy stations inside the metal (I took some screenshots, maybe I can load them up these days)

- Very seldom, I see ressources that move out in space very far (saw one 5km away and gaining more distance to me, when i left the system it showed 50,8km and still no stopping). That happened maybe 2 or 3 times to me. Sometimes ressources also spawn outside the play area

- In the screen where you can change the colour of your ship, you have to use the D-Pad for chosing colours and can move the cam around the ship with the left stick. But when you move the left stick left or right for the first time, the colour also changes. If you move it up and down the column changes. As suggestion, maybe the left stick can work as usual (change colour and column) and we can change the cam with the right stick.

- I thought in Hardcore-Mode, you always start from scratch. But I noticed that the perks I always bought in the first and second run get carried over (I am in my third run atm). But I didn’t finished my first and second run (because of creedyness again, get blown up by well placed mines I didn’t see and forget to clear before I got in and tried to kill a drone carrier that was nearly down but spawned a new round of drones while okkar forces already jumped in)

So far, I will write about more bugs, if I encounter them. Until now I am very glad that the speed bug when using time extender near a frigate got fixed. I always had to kill these big boys without time extender because with the bug/glitch it was realy too easy and ruined the fun for me of killing them. :)

And just a question: Is it possible to let us set the controls totally by ourselves? Boosting with the left stick is a bit awful because you can‘t move it well and precise while holding down. The same for rolling by pressing the right stick, I nearly never use rolls, because the movement with pressed stick is very awful. Maybe we can boost with the rocket launch button, rocket launch with b, roll by pressing left stick and moving the right. Select target can stay on right stick. Would making some maneuvers easier I think.

Edit: My experiences are from 65 hours of playing.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_TillROCKFISH_Till HamburgPosts: 99Member, Moderator
    Thanks for the detailed report, we'll have a look at these issues! The next patch should fix some issues with loot containers. The issue with resources moving out of range has been a problem since Steam Early Access unfortunately, don't think we'll get around that since it's due to the way we use the physics system, but it's good to know that it happens very rarely only. I'll definitely check out the last two issues though.
    About your question: Unfortunately it isn't and we think it will be quite an effort to make the PC rebinding system work on consoles, but we definitely plan to have full control rebinding support for our next game.
  • cAndyMancAndyMan Posts: 19Member
    Nice to hear, that some Container issues get fixed.

- Sometimes I'm not sure, if something is a bug or the Game just says: "Haha, f*** u. You risk a lot and get nothing" like empty Containers or Containers that can not be opened and were well protected by mines or turrets and costs me valuable time to reach them. But I must say, that I like this aspect of the game. Sometimes you risk all and get paid out and sometimes you risk all and get nothing and you just have to try hard every time to get the benefit sometimes.
    This never happened to me with containers that were locked behind acces doors in space stations and I also think it happens most of the time if a second container is nearby.

- I am also not sure about Corvettes, that are boosting away 3-4km when they get low on health. I mostly played on normal difficulty and saw this in hardcore mode for the first time.

- I play the game on german language and found a text from a shipwreck that was in english.

- Sometimes (also very seldom) some ships (espacially drones) spawn in rocks or wrecks where they can't move or shoot and where they can not be shot from.

It's not a big issue for me with the controls, because it's good playable as it is and for pro navigations/fights I will have to use a mouse+keyboard setting. Although I must say, that I really like the rumble Feedback near blackholes, because it gives me a sense of security, when fighting around or boosting nearby to get dark matter or dark energy. It's like I can feel the drawing of the black hole and counter react right instantly.
    cAndyMan said:

Nice to hear, that some Container issues get fixed.

- Sometimes I'm not sure, if something is a bug or the Game just says: "Haha, f*** u. You risk a lot and get nothing" like empty Containers or Containers that can not be opened and were well protected by mines or turrets and costs me valuable time to reach them. But I must say, that I like this aspect of the game. Sometimes you risk all and get paid out and sometimes you risk all and get nothing and you just have to try hard every time to get the benefit sometimes.
    This never happened to me with containers that were locked behind acces doors in space stations and I also think it happens most of the time if a second container is nearby.

- I am also not sure about Corvettes, that are boosting away 3-4km when they get low on health. I mostly played on normal difficulty and saw this in hardcore mode for the first time.

- I play the game on german language and found a text from a shipwreck that was in english.

- Sometimes (also very seldom) some ships (espacially drones) spawn in rocks or wrecks where they can't move or shoot and where they can not be shot from.

It's not a big issue for me with the controls, because it's good playable as it is and for pro navigations/fights I will have to use a mouse+keyboard setting. Although I must say, that I really like the rumble Feedback near blackholes, because it gives me a sense of security, when fighting around or boosting nearby to get dark matter or dark energy. It's like I can feel the drawing of the black hole and counter react right instantly.

Your first two points are as intended ;)
    We'll have a look at the other ones! As to your first post, we've fixed the hardcore mode issue and the controls in the color selection screen now, there will be a patch containing these fixes very soon.
    edited January 18
    Here are some screenshots from some Situations that can help maybe, if not already fixed (sorry for the quality, I didn't know how to take these photos from the console without these reflections on a fast try)
    Language setting is german, but this text is in english.

Sector 6 with the "Throng scan GrayGoos mission, only sensor impairment appaers as hazards bug"

Drone stuck in rocks:

Containers that can't be opened compilation (think of "Yakety Sax" playing in the background while scrolling through this):

Edit: Put the pictures in „Spoiler“ for better readability.
  • PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 100Member
    The Drone Override does nothing to the carrier-based drones AFAIK (or it would be an easy kill - you've got Flak and Neutron for that anyway, so...). A shield-drone-protected capship is a fun thing for DO indeed, however ;)
    Ok, I edited my post and then it disappeared.
    I will try to write it in short words again.

- Some areas seem to be too dark (compared to PC Version), some big asteroids and inside ancient temple. Problem stays with gamma cranked up and on TV and console mode. Researches showed that the problem might also exist on PC with lower graphic settings (maybe shader dependant). These areas are completely black and darker as the dark nebula areas

- it’s very difficult to hit drones first near ships. When the drone is exactly in my crosshair, the auto-aim (I use standard 0,8) drives the shot to ne nearest ship. The enemy selection seems to work the same way.

- in sector 7 hardcore mode, the red selection and square markers are difficult too see and in some perspectives hidden in the background (same colour)

- drone-override has no function on drone-carrier drones. I read in the net that this is an easy counter to them, but it‘s obvious that it doesn’t work (see upper comment)

- enemies can fly/glitch into the ancient temple when the portal/wormhole got opened
    Thanks for these reports!
    About the drone overrides being blocked by the drone carriers: That is actually intended, the carrier doesn't like it's drones being hacked ;)
    We'll have a look at the other issues!
    edited January 21
    Ok, that's all for now I think.

For the auto-aim point: I played a little bit with auto-aim between 0,4 and 0,6. I went on 0,5 because for now (and for me) it seems to be a good compromise between enough auto-aim to hit and less enough auto-aim to focus the drones out (maybe it was coincidence but it feels like selecting the drones near other ships works also better now).
    I even tried to play with 0,0 but sniping these little ships that are far away seems nearly impossible for me with a controller.

What just comes in my mind: Maybe it would be even more fun/versatile if you could also start with different loadouts in hardcore mode.
    - Now the hardcore mode end screen seems to be broken. I get a new speedrun world record after each succesful run:

The correct time is shown in my hall of fame and even the new records get tracked, just the result screen didn‘t show my results for the run.

- I met some containers that can be opened now and bugged before, but some can‘t still be opened:

- I encountered my first crash in the game (freeze). I destroyed 2 corvettes and the okkars jumped in. I decided to go for the loot before I leave and just pressed „A“ when I boosted through the drops. I think that the following screen popped up in the same moment when I get hit from two shots and then my game freezed completely.

Thanks for these findings! We already fixed the hardcore mode end screen issue, and will check out the others.
  • DerekhDerekh Posts: 3Member
    Hi - I have really enjoyed the game but I have two bugs to report.

1. Game freezing. It happened occasionally before, but right now I am on the last level (that big ship just arrived) and it freezes every time. I can't finish it. It usually happens when I open one of the weapon/item switching menus. After it freezes, I can still get out to the switch menu, but the game itself is 'looping'. Warning lights are blinking, music is playing but everything is stopped....

2. Drone count is says 3/3, but in reality there are none and I cant launch anymore because the count is full. The only way to fix this is to launch to the next area.

I've tried re-installing the game but the issue remains....
    Thanks for the report! Issue #2 has been fixed already and will be in the upcoming patch :)
    We can't seem to reproduce issue #1 though, could you give us some details?
    Does it always happen when opening a menu / the weapon wheel? Does it also freeze if you just tip the buttons to switch weapons, without opening the wheel? What weapons / equipment do you have, and does it maybe happen if the thermal weapon of the admiral ship hits you?
    Hi - glad to hear about issue #2.

Number 1 happens usually when changing between items.....like shield, booster, turret. Sorry can't remember what the menu is called but I think you got it. I'm in the heavy ship. Items are missile turret, front shield, decoy generator, energy boost (speed), anti-missile. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the thermal weapon as I'm looking at it now and it isn't shooting. It happens often when I'm near the ground turrets, but that might just because I spend a lot of time there.

I'll get a video of it because it is really easy to re-create. let me know where to upload it. It happens on both TV and hand held mode
    That would be appreciated! You could upload for example at https://sendvid.com/ or simply on Youtube. Thanks!
    Here is a video

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,017Moderator
    edited February 13
    Derekh said:

Here is a video

Thanks for taking the time and uploading the video! It seems to me that this happens when opening the selection wheel at the exact frame or one frame before the "transferring energy core" message shows. Good news is that this clearly seems to be a "focus lost" issue, as the game is still ticking/running as you can see by the "shield recharching" message that is still blinking - so it's not memory related or anything.

We'll be trying to reproduce the issue and in the meantime I suggest that you pay attention not to open the selection wheel while any messages like "transferring energy core" are displayed on screen, or to be completely safe, don't use the wheel at all, but just shortly press the d-pad buttons to toggle between equipment (or openening the equipment menu, selecting a slot and choosing "equip") - that way you should at least be able to finish the game.

Edit: Just managed to reproduce and fix the problem. Will be fixed in the next patch. It was exactly as described when having the selection wheel opened while the "progress success" message disappears

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    This entire thread is absolutely incredible; thank you so much for your dedication @Derekh and @cAndyMan . This goes a long way to helping us help you.
    Nice to hear from you, Giraffasaur. I enjoyed your content so much (Youtube, Forum posts, etc.).
    I also wanted to make some videos on my own, too but unfortunately I have not the time to do a whole run at once (the most time belonga to my one year old daughter at the moment :)), but I am thinking of joining your speedrun ladder at least in the future.

The game is very poolished now (in my opinion) and the question is, is it worth the time to also get out the one or two little bugs or spend it on the new game. Of course Rockfish have to decide it on their own, but I would say so.

Speaking of bugs, the only one that I would fix is the blackhole strength. On switch, they feel really weak I have no problems with them. On PC (even at 60fps framelock) I get sucked in relatively often (Switch runs with 30fps afaik, maybe that's it). They question is, how strong should they really be?

I think I forgot to mention, that the ancient warden in hardcore mode get stucked really often in the rock underneath or in the wall of the glasshouse (or what it is where it is catched). Maybe it is just me or it is my approaching tactic, that works like this very often (maybe half of the time when I free it). Sometimes I have to restart the sector, sometimes it can be destroyed by splash damage.

I encountered a frigate which power cores couldn't be damaged by my flak canon (superior with 3 mods, upgraded and modded by Mr. Throng), was this on purpose or just a bug? That happened on PC, I thought I used flak on frigates on switch succesfully before.

Maybe I should open up the same thread for PC if I encounter more bugs there. :)

Oh I really remember one (PC). I got this speed hack that I knew from switch (Version 1.0.0) but it was somehow random. I think I was webbed and did some thinks in the menu (craft energy injector, use it, craft drone-override, use it, equip time-extender), went out of menu and used time-extender instantly, after that i was speed boosted the whole time (until I unluckily went diagonal into some rocks and died, ouch). Maybe it wasn't exactly what I did, but as far as I remember (I used the gunship).
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,017Moderator
    cAndyMan said:

Speaking of bugs, the only one that I would fix is the blackhole strength. On switch, they feel really weak I have no problems with them. On PC (even at 60fps framelock) I get sucked in relatively often (Switch runs with 30fps afaik, maybe that's it). They question is, how strong should they really be?

We already fixed this, they will be frame rate independent on PC as well with the next PC update (meaning same strength as on Switch)
    cAndyMan said:

I think I forgot to mention, that the ancient warden in hardcore mode get stucked really often in the rock underneath or in the wall of the glasshouse (or what it is where it is catched). Maybe it is just me or it is my approaching tactic, that works like this very often (maybe half of the time when I free it). Sometimes I have to restart the sector, sometimes it can be destroyed by splash damage.

We'll investigate, but probably not woth spending much time on.
    cAndyMan said:

I encountered a frigate which power cores couldn't be damaged by my flak canon (superior with 3 mods, upgraded and modded by Mr. Throng), was this on purpose or just a bug? That happened on PC, I thought I used flak on frigates on switch succesfully before.

Hmm, strange, never heard that one before, we'll take a look.
    cAndyMan said:

Oh I really remember one (PC). I got this speed hack that I knew from switch (Version 1.0.0) but it was somehow random. I think I was webbed and did some thinks in the menu (craft energy injector, use it, craft drone-override, use it, equip time-extender), went out of menu and used time-extender instantly, after that i was speed boosted the whole time (until I unluckily went diagonal into some rocks and died, ouch). Maybe it wasn't exactly what I did, but as far as I remember (I used the gunship).

That bug is already fixed on Switch, but the patch is not live on PC, yet - so it will be fixed with the next patch.

Thanks for your help!