Switch Patch 1.0.2

ROCKFISH_TillROCKFISH_Till HamburgPosts: 103Member, Moderator
With a small delay, we've just released the second patch for Nintendo Switch, which brings a couple of bug fixes involving UI navigation and gameplay issues.

Bugfixes:
  • Fixed UI navigation issues in the repair, upgrade and crafting screens
  • Fixed that a new run couldn't be started in the hangar, if the player was on the codex tab
  • Fixed frame rate dependant issues with black holes & tweaked their strength
  • Fixed that the health of the player's drones could go above 100%, and that they sometimes weren't spawning again when loading a savegame
  • Fixed several issues where loot containers were inaccessible
  • Fixed that rotating the ship in the color selection screen would also change the color
  • Fixed that in hardcore mode, perks would stay unlocked after death
  • Make sure Okkar Gunships don't flee outside of level area
  • Fixed localization issues of some ship wreck logbooks

Comments

• cAndyMancAndyMan Posts: 19Member
    Good work so far!

I encountered only 2 small UI navigation Bugs now.
    In the repair menu of a space station, when there are more then two options (hull repair and 2 damaged systems to repair, i.e.) the item skip bug still seems to exist there.
    When you want to repair the hull with nanobots in the ship repair menu you have to use the d-pad for selecting how much hull you want repair (left stick left or right doesn't work). While it's not a big deal for me it can be confusing to new players thinking they only can repair the full hull or have to use all nanobots they have.

For the hardcore perks to be reset, i had to start and end a new run. Now it seems to work properly.

What strength with blackholes get tweaked exactly? It seems that black holes spawns more dark matter for me now but notany dark energy (or maybe I was just lucky).

I'm not sure about the cloak working right. If I go cloak missiles still find and hit me and also seems to get fired when I am firering during cloak-phase. But normal shots didn't get fired at me while cloak is active and I'm firering the beam laser the whole time (tested near turrets and near a corvette).
  • ROCKFISH_TillROCKFISH_Till HamburgPosts: 103Member, Moderator
    Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!
    We'll look at the remaining UI navigation issues.
    About the black holes, afaik this was mostly related to the black holes being way too strong at high framerates, so it was mostly a PC issue since the Switch version is performing at ~30fps.
    The cloak feature only makes you non-targetable after a short delay, and any missiles that were already targeting you will continue to do so. We'll have a look at the behavior of cloaking with the beam lasers though!
    On PC, blackholes really seem to be pain in the a**.
    I never had issues with blackholes when I use time-extender on switch. On PC I get sucked in twice, even when I was on the outer edge of the blackhole. I normally have something between 120 to 180 fps, maybe I should lock at 30 or 60 fps for comparisons.
    It was on my first run with no upgrades. The ancient warden was no problem even without time-extender and I was about 600m away, when it died.
  • ROCKFISH_TillROCKFISH_Till HamburgPosts: 103Member, Moderator
    cAndyMan said:

On PC, blackholes really seem to be pain in the a**.
    I never had issues with blackholes when I use time-extender on switch. On PC I get sucked in twice, even when I was on the outer edge of the blackhole. I normally have something between 120 to 180 fps, maybe I should lock at 30 or 60 fps for comparisons.
    It was on my first run with no upgrades. The ancient warden was no problem even without time-extender and I was about 600m away, when it died.

Yep that's likely the issue with the frame-rate dependency. We patched this on Switch (where it doesn't have much of an impact) but not on the other platforms yet, we'll soon do another PC patch.
    Activate V-Sync seems to be enough as workaround (locks at 60fps), so no frame limitation from external software is needed.

But coming from a first person shooter competetive scene (and using a 144Hz Monitor) I am not a big fan of V-Sync or 60fps framelock. So I'm looking forward for the patch. :)

Sorry for getting a little bit off-topic here.
  • PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 116Member
    Somewhat strange how VSync locks a 144Hz monitor @ 60fps however...
    It didn't lock the Monitor. Refresh rate is still 144Hz but the V-Sync option in the game locks the framerate at 60fps. That's the case in most of the games. That's why I prefer to switch it off in most games (I expected no tearing at all) because I recognize the lag that's produced by V-Sync (Sync Options that supports 144fps feels also fine for me, but when you get framedrops and have to flickshot, you will miss).