PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!! STROBING CIRCLE OVER TARGET! CAN'T PLAY!

BillyheaningBillyheaning Posts: 3Member
edited January 31 in HARDWARE & SYSTEM
I don't know what I did or how I did it, but I think I clicked or checked or hit the wrong button while messing around with the controls and now the game is completely unplayable for me. Someone else had the same problem as me, so I'll share what he posted.

This was his wrote: "There appears to be a large circle that flickers on screen when moving the mouse fast. it has a missile icon that appears in the upper portion of the circle."

That is exactly my problem, too, except instead of a missile, I see my cannon. This was your reply:

"Hi, yes, it definitely looks like the secondary weapons selection wheel is being brought up every now and then - it is normally openend by holding down "2" for a short amount of time.

Have you customized controls in any way? If so, I'd recommend deleting two config files to go back to defaults and then see if the problem persists. Go to C:\Users\{YOUR_USERNAME}\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor and delete both the Input.ini and the GameUserSettings.ini

It could also be that the action is triggered by a connected controller (secondary weapon selection is D-pad down by default). So it might be worth a try to unplug other input devices and if you have any external keybinding programs disable them"

Well, I tried your recommendation but there is no "AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor when I search for it. I get as far as C:\Users\{YOUR_USERNAME} but the rest isn't there. I'm using Windows 10.

I'm also using Mouse + Keyboard in normal (non-VR) mode on my desktop at HIGH settings. It's always been set to HIGH and it worked PERFECTLY until whatever I clicked, then the game became unplayable.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the game a half dozen times. I even used a deep-uninstaller to delete the game off my harddrive.

Nothing is working. I don't know what to do at this point. The game is unplayable at the moment and I really want to keep playing! I don't care if I have to start all over again, I just want to play the game.

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!! PLEASE!!!!

Please don't take a week or a month to respond, I know how game developers are. I'm starting to get anxious and angry, when all I want to do is play!!!

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,017Moderator
    edited January 31
    Hi, Windows hides the AppData folder by default, I think. You should probably change your windows explorer settings so that hidden files are shown. You can also quickly access the appdata folder by typing %localappdata% (with the %) in a Windows explorer address field. This should take you there even if the folder is hidden.
  • BillyheaningBillyheaning Posts: 3Member
    Well, it looks like I'm 100% F'd in the A because you guys said once something in the key bindings gets changed, the game is F'd. You

Hi, Windows hides the AppData folder by default, I think. You should probably change your windows explorer settings so that hidden files are shown. You can also quickly access the appdata folder by typing %localappdata% (with the %) in a Windows explorer address field. This should take you there even if the folder is hidden.

Sweeeeet! That worked!!!! Sorry for blowing up, it was just driving me up the wall and if I can't figure something out myself (in this case, opening hidden folders) I go nuts. Thanks again and sorry. How do I change/update my Steam review?
  • PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 100Member

once something in the key bindings gets changed, the game is F'd

No reason for the F-bombs and overacting over a simple problem, in fact you missed the "sometimes" part in the above quote ;) Also the worst case of control scheme corruption results in having to reset it so even that is not the "game is f-ed" condition anyway.