GOG Everspace VR crash after splash screen

JaklcideJaklcide Posts: 5Member
I have updated drivers, rebooted, reinstalled, and am still getting the following error when trying to launch everspace VR for GOG

My setup is
I7 8700K
16G Ram
1080Ti
Oculus Rift

The error is as follows

LoginId:1860aeaf4252ce68d09c08a4d8e86326
EpicAccountId:

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

dxgi_7ff9130c0000
dxgi_7ff9130c0000
dxgi
LibOVRRT64_1
LibOVRRT64_1
LibOVRRT64_1
LibOVRRT64_1
OVRPlugin
OVRPlugin
OVRPlugin
RSG_Win64_Shipping!OculusHMD::FOculusHMD::InitializeSession() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\oculus\oculusvr\source\oculushmd\private\oculushmd.cpp:2183]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!OculusHMD::FOculusHMD::InitDevice() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\oculus\oculusvr\source\oculushmd\private\oculushmd.cpp:2261]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!OculusHMD::FOculusHMD::OnOculusStateChange() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\oculus\oculusvr\source\oculushmd\private\oculushmd.cpp:2644]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!OculusHMD::FOculusHMD::DoEnableStereo() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\oculus\oculusvr\source\oculushmd\private\oculushmd.cpp:3107]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!OculusHMD::FOculusHMD::OnStartGameFrame() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\oculus\oculusvr\source\oculushmd\private\oculushmd.cpp:747]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1331]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1311]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3496]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:166]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:144]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!WinMain() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
kernel32
ntdll

There is a technical support post with someone having the exact same crash error as I do.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_TillROCKFISH_Till HamburgPosts: 79Member, Moderator
    Hello and sorry for the late reply!
    Just to make sure, you did create a new shortcut with JUST the -vr command added? Make sure that there is no -nohmd or similar in your shortcut.
  • JaklcideJaklcide Posts: 5Member
    That is correct

"E:\GOG Games\Everspace\RSG\Binaries\Win64\RSG-Win64-Shipping.exe" -vr

and

"E:\GOG Games\Everspace\Everspace.exe" -vr

are both attempted and they both produce the same crash report.
    hmh alright, could you tell me your Oculus runtime version? You can find it in the Settings -> General menu in the Oculus software.
    Occulus App Version 1.33.0.750915
    Okay, that shouldn't be a runtime version issue then. Unfortunately we can't reproduce this problem at our studio, but it seems like there are several GoG users having this problem.
    Could you tell me, if you have SteamVR installed in parallel? Are you using GoG Galaxy, and do you have Oculus Home opened before running Everspace?
    Steam VR is installed but not running.
    I am not using GOG Galaxy.
    I get the crash when oculus home is opened before running everspace and when it is not opened.
    When oculus home is not open everspace will both crash with the same error and open oculus home.
    I managed to reproduce this now - the crash seems to occur only when GoG Galaxy is not installed / running. As a quick workaround, you could try to install and run the game from GoG Galaxy. We'll have a look into the problem and create a patch ASAP.