Crash on launch

SeawindSeawind Posts: 6Member
Hi,
I'm having issue with crashing on startup with VR after first installation.

System:
i7, 16GB, GTX 1080 (latest drivers, 417.35)
Win 10, 64bit (latest update)
Oculus Rift CV1 (latest update)

Just got the GOG version, installed using setup_everspace_1.3.3.36382_(64bit)_(25362). (File integrity checked)
It started using non-VR, but when adding -VR crashes with below log.

I followed the Installation troubleshooting guide (including restart, manual installation of redist, admin etc). No luck.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I got an additional windows popup error when launching using either "Launch EVERSPACE" shortcut or "Everspace.exe".
Error
Couldn't start:
"S:Spel\Everspace\RSG/Binaries/Win64/RSG-Win64-Shipping.exe" RSG CreateProcess() returned 2e4.
After removing "Run as administrator" for "RSG-Win64-Shipping.exe" they both worked again.

The main problem is thereby to get the VR version running... Other VR apps work fine (both Steam VR and Oculus native).
Many thanks for support!

Error log for VR:
---------------------
LoginId:c4dab41145a12442358fc48c4045b4e0
EpicAccountId:

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

dxgi_7ff850340000
dxgi_7ff850340000
dxgi
LibOVRRT64_1
LibOVRRT64_1
LibOVRRT64_1
LibOVRRT64_1
OVRPlugin
OVRPlugin
OVRPlugin
RSG_Win64_Shipping!OculusHMD::FOculusHMD::InitializeSession() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\oculus\oculusvr\source\oculushmd\private\oculushmd.cpp:2183]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!OculusHMD::FOculusHMD::InitDevice() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\oculus\oculusvr\source\oculushmd\private\oculushmd.cpp:2261]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!OculusHMD::FOculusHMD::OnOculusStateChange() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\oculus\oculusvr\source\oculushmd\private\oculushmd.cpp:2644]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!OculusHMD::FOculusHMD::DoEnableStereo() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\oculus\oculusvr\source\oculushmd\private\oculushmd.cpp:3107]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!OculusHMD::FOculusHMD::OnStartGameFrame() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\oculus\oculusvr\source\oculushmd\private\oculushmd.cpp:747]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1331]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1311]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3496]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:166]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:144]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!WinMain() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
kernel32
ntdll

Comments

• JaklcideJaklcide Posts: 5Member
    I am having the exact problem you are having.

LoginId:1860aeaf4252ce68d09c08a4d8e86326
    EpicAccountId:

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

dxgi_7ffbd87b0000
    dxgi_7ffbd87b0000
    dxgi
    LibOVRRT64_1
    LibOVRRT64_1
    LibOVRRT64_1
    LibOVRRT64_1
    OVRPlugin
    OVRPlugin
    OVRPlugin
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!OculusHMD::FOculusHMD::InitializeSession() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\oculus\oculusvr\source\oculushmd\private\oculushmd.cpp:2183]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!OculusHMD::FOculusHMD::InitDevice() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\oculus\oculusvr\source\oculushmd\private\oculushmd.cpp:2261]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!OculusHMD::FOculusHMD::OnOculusStateChange() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\oculus\oculusvr\source\oculushmd\private\oculushmd.cpp:2644]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!OculusHMD::FOculusHMD::DoEnableStereo() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\oculus\oculusvr\source\oculushmd\private\oculushmd.cpp:3107]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!OculusHMD::FOculusHMD::OnStartGameFrame() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\oculus\oculusvr\source\oculushmd\private\oculushmd.cpp:747]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1331]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1311]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3496]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:166]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:144]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!WinMain() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
    kernel32
    ntdll
  • ROCKFISH_TillROCKFISH_Till HamburgPosts: 94Member, Moderator
    Hello and sorry for the late reply!
    Just to make sure, you did create a new shortcut with JUST the -vr command added? Make sure that there is no -nohmd or similar in your shortcut.
  • SeawindSeawind Posts: 6Member
    Hi,
    Thanks. Shortcut created with following in target field:
    S:\Spel\Everspace\RSG\Binaries\Win64\RSG-Win64-Shipping.exe -VR
    i.e. no other parameters.
    Could you tell me your Oculus runtime version? It might be an issue with a specific version. You can find it in the Settings -> General menu in the Oculus software.
    Oculus version 1.33.0.750915
    Okay, that shouldn't be a runtime version issue then. Unfortunately we can't reproduce this problem at our studio, but it seems like there are several GoG users having this problem.
    Could you tell me, if you have SteamVR installed in parallel? Are you using GoG Galaxy, and do you have Oculus Home opened before running Everspace?
    Thanks for confirming several may have same issue.
    Answers:
    Crashes regardless if I start up SteamVR before or not, same with Oculus Home. (i.e. yes Steam VR is installed).
    GoG Galaxy not used.
    I managed to reproduce this now - the crash seems to occur only when GoG Galaxy is not installed / running. As a quick workaround, you could try to install and run the game from GoG Galaxy. We'll have a look into the problem and create a patch ASAP.
    Ok, sounds great that its now reproduceable!
    Thanks for the suggestion although I'll await a patch as I'm not too fond of services such as Galaxy, Steam etc when those can be avoided.
    I may not have access to my computer for some days anyway.
    Looking forward trying it out once solved, thanks again!
    Small status update - We have found the problem and it seems to be related to some outdated DLLs that we've left in the installation folder. We will have them removed with a patch, but for now you can just navigate to your game installation folder, go to \RSG\Binaries\Win64 and remove all files ending with .dll EXCEPT for Galaxy64.dll (that one is hard-referenced in the code, but won't send anything to GoG except if you have GoG Galaxy installed, promise). VR mode should work again then!
    Yep, that solution worked great! Now running in VR. Thanks for the support!