Can not map T.16000m Joystick and Throttle

I tried a re-install and cleared my gamesettings and input .INI as suggested to another user. I also cleared my save entirely. No dice. All button type inputs work just fine, but any axis style input or throttle does not register while setting my keys.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• ROCKFISH_TillROCKFISH_Till HamburgPosts: 86Member, Moderator
    Hi! We're probably getting a T.16000 for the office today and will see what we can do! Some questions: What Windows version are you playing on, and are you using any emulation software? If the latter is the case, it might be mapped onto XBox Controller functions and you could try to assign the axes there!
  • DejaDrewDejaDrew Posts: 2Member
    Running windows 10 x64 Home edition. No emulation and drivers installed first through windows and then through the thrustmaster site to see if that was the issue.

Thanks for the help!! You guys rock.... fish :neutral:
  • whalemanwhaleman Posts: 3Customer
    Then it's not only me :) Using two t16000m but I could not get it to register anything when I tried to bind custom controls. Win 10 Home 64bit, no software installed for the joysticks (they work fine with the default driver in Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen). Didn't try with the throttle (prefer dual sticks for space games).
    Thanks for your replies! We'll submit a patch, probably today or tomorrow, that should fix the issues with the T16000(m) devices! If, after the update, you still encounter problems with device recognition and don't start the game via the Steam / GoG Galaxy clients, make sure that you execute the 64-bit .exe of the game (game installation folder -> RSG/Binaries/Win64/RSG-Win64-Shipping.exe).
    Downloaded new patch and it works a LOT better now :smile: Thanks! Two issues though:

1) Can't seem to map anything to the 8 way hat on top of the stick. (would be nice to cycle consumables and such on)
    2) The game does not differentiate between the two sticks, so I can not use dual stick setup. Still HOTAS is a huge step up so far :smiley:
    1) Unfortunately our joystick plugin only allows the use of hats for axis bindings (e.g. rotation, movement, scrolling) - we'll look into a solution for buttons!
    2) I'd recommend you to use T.A.R.G.E.T to emulate a single stick, we've managed to use two T.16000s nicely with this option.
    Thanks for the reply! I'll start by looking into the use of the throttle and see if I like the feel before I try to add software to go full dual stick ;) Either way, huge thanks for joystick support to start with! :smiley:
  • ZelosDrelZelosDrel Posts: 10Member
    edited October 2017
    I can't map axes on my CH FIGHTERSTICK USB either; I've also cleared GameUserSettings and Input .ini files. Mapping buttons works properly, but it doesn't detect me moving the joystick to try to map to pitch or yaw.
  • kbonekbone Posts: 1Member
    edited January 21
    Just got my dual t1600m sticks
    I downloaded the everspace configuration files from Thrustmasters site "T.16000M_DUO_Everspace".
    I can not get this thing to work. Part of the included instructions tell me to replicate some in game bindings. "In the main screen, select « option » then « controls », then « customize controls ». "
    But nothing works when I try to map under other. Windows shows the stick emulation works...

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t16000mfcs-en/
    edited January 21
    kbone said:

Just got my dual t1600m sticks
    I downloaded the everspace configuration files from Thrustmasters site "T.16000M_DUO_Everspace".
    I can not get this thing to work. Part of the included instructions tell me to replicate some in game bindings. "In the main screen, select « option » then « controls », then « customize controls ». "
    But nothing works when I try to map under other. Windows shows the stick emulation works...

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t16000mfcs-en/

Hi, do you mean that nothing gets displayed, i.e. the Hotas doesn't get recognized by the game? If so, are you running Windows 10 64-bit? We have seen problems with Steam or GoG starting the wrong executable of the game sometimes, so you might want to try to manually start the game from your installation folder by running RSG/Binaries/Win64/RSG-Win64-Shipping.exe
    In addition, if you copied the Thrustmaster mappings to your savegame folder as instructed, you shouldn't need to adjust anything anymore (besides your personal preferation). Make sure they are extracted and that the GameUserSettings.ini and Input.ini are placed in your save folder at C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Hope that helps!