Game not launching

PINBACKPINBACK Posts: 6Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
edited July 2016 in Technical Support
Same problem as other are having, game will not launch from the desktop icon or through Steam, game version 1252695

Have tried to launch the game from the local files which has given two windows, first one says "API-MS-CRT-RUNTIME-I1-1-0.DLL" missing re download files.

The other is "MICROSOFT VISUAL C++2015 RUNTIME" and a option to download it, which I aready have and it just gives a unreal4 prerequisites window with the option to uninstall or cancel.

AMD FX4100
AMD/RADEON HD7700
6GB MEMORY
WINDOWS 7 64BIT

Comments

• SantaSanta Posts: 13Common Beta Backer, Customer
    I also had similar notices as above. It also did some Unreal Engine 4 alterations too. Now all the steam launcher does is indicate that the game is launching and then it goes into "ready to play"... click play and the same happens, over and over. downloaded the game twice and restarted computer each time etc, still get same result.
    God I hate steam.

I have Win7SP1 64bit, gigabyte geforce GTX 760, 16G system RAM
  • PINBACKPINBACK Posts: 6Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    24 hours later and still no response from rockfish or even an acknowledgement of the problem a few us are having with the game.
  • cobretticobretti Posts: 30Member, Collector Beta Backer
    Support = 0
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • SoranSoran Posts: 95
    I know it's frustrating however I'm sure the debs will respond. If you've been following the launch of beta you will have noticed the debs have put in long hours and are probably getting some much needed rest. They have been very good in the past helping out
    Granted it the weekend but if you launch a beta on a Friday then some one should be their to give support to any problems which happen over the weekend.

I had Steam run a validation of the files and it says their is nothing wrong with them but it seems to reset the game as it runs that first time installing window, when you click the icon. The one that says "performing first time setup installing u 1of 1".

Anyone know what "u" is? also how big is the game file, my download was 1.6GB with about 150meg update after.

edited July 2016
    Well me again. I still am having issues running up the game from steam. I have reinstalled steam and everspace (5 times), yet the same problem persists as above. The game starts running up (ie "preparing to launch Everspace), steam shows the game to be running for about 2-3 seconds then simply quits with NO errors shown.

I am sure my system is good enough to run the game as I built it to run StarCitizen!

My only other steam game works with zero issues.

Does ANYONE have any ideas on what I should try to do next? I don't want to spend the next 5 days working out something that should simply work. I mean how hard does it have to be? It really ought to be a straight forward and simple procedure not an imposition!

Everspace for me so far has been NEVERSPACE!!

Thanks for ANY advice/help!
    edited July 2016
    Hey PINBACK I see you are having the same issue as me. When you added your game key to steam, did it say on your "receipt for key subscription" that the product name was for : Everspace(some crappy symbols) for Alpha Testing?

Mine did even though it's a beta testing.

Also, I am doing windows updates as there may be issues with C++ 2015 runtime/ UE4
    Yes it did say Alpha.
    Just wonder if Steam is looking in the right place for the game as I have that preparing to launch box then nothing happens.
  • SigmaSigma Posts: 40Common Beta Backer, Customer
    It says alpha, but it's definitely the beta version. there is only one Everspace version that is updated

"Hi Jacob,

I am in Germany, Hamburg now. A little night shift today. The Steam version you have is universal, Alpha and Beta alike. It will upgrade automatically every version.

Cheers and have fun!! "
    PINBACK said:

Granted it the weekend but if you launch a beta on a Friday then some one should be their to give support to any problems which happen over the weekend.

I had Steam run a validation of the files and it says their is nothing wrong with them but it seems to reset the game as it runs that first time installing window, when you click the icon. The one that says "performing first time setup installing u 1of 1".

Anyone know what "u" is? also how big is the game file, my download was 1.6GB with about 150meg update after.

Also, i swear the download was 4 gigs? you might consider deleting local files and trying again. Don't forget to update your graphics drivers to the most current. Also, i have no earthly idea what "U" is?
    PINBACK said:

Same problem as other are having, game will not launch from the desktop icon or through Steam, game version 1252695

Have tried to launch the game from the local files which has given two windows, first one says "API-MS-CRT-RUNTIME-I1-1-0.DLL" missing re download files.

The other is "MICROSOFT VISUAL C++2015 RUNTIME" and a option to download it, which I aready have and it just gives a unreal4 prerequisites window with the option to uninstall or cancel.

AMD FX4100
    AMD/RADEON HD7700
    6GB MEMORY
    WINDOWS 7 64BIT

API-MS-CRT-RUNTIME-I1-1-0.DLL
    https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/the-program-cant-start-because-api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll-is-missing-f2702.html
    Make sure you've installed the C++ redist for your 64bit operating system. I have been noticing lots of people with radeons having trouble running the game. I've got a crappy refurb gtx 950 i got for $150 that runs the game flawlessly.

Also, please be patient. I'm sure this will all be sorted out soon. many of these guys have been working graveyard shift to cover as many complaints as possible.
  • AlanAlan Posts: 16Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Let join in the chorus of un-happy campers! It IS Sunday here in New Jersey - but can't understand why you would load an app to Steam and not have it ready to PLAY! I click the play button and get some little dialog flashing behind steam - and no game. Sheesh!
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 373Administrator
    Hi guys, sorry about your technical issues. I was just swamped with tickets where ppl didn't get their key and have come across this thread just yet. @ROCKFISH_HCK will have a look into this tomorrow morning. Oh, it's 2 am over here already. So in a couple of hours from now ;)
    edited August 2016
    Ok I have solved the not launching issue.

After a few hours of research (including similar issues that occurred with the Alpha), I found that the C++ runtime and dll missing item can be fixed by doing a windows update. The problem with this update is that it can be PAINFULLY SLOW or non existent!

So the trick is to get Windows to first do "check for updates". But there is a well known issue with this taking Win7 users an extremely long time to work or do nothing. So if you haven't updated Win7SP1 for a long time you better do it. Just do the Update for windows and the security updates (not the -BEEP- that you don't need or want. ie. I don't want Win defender updates or IE updates etc) .If you get these to update then you need to install the OPTIONAL updates ( because in there are the required C++ and net framework items the game NEEDS).

I found two articles helpful in getting the "check for updates" to work:

1) http://www.infoworld.com/article/3058260/microsoft-windows/heres-how-to-significantly-speed-up-windows-7-scans-for-updates.html

and a video
    2)

I did step one and it worked for me!

Give it a go.
    I only download Windows and security updates so they should be upto date.

I will wait to see if Rockfish_HCK can throw any light on the problem.
    When doing updates you still need to go into the "optional" tab and install all the net framework / C++ runtime items. The game will not run without them. Windows might say they are "optional" but I can tell you - not 100% true. And it might pay to watch the first part of the video and try method one. It sure worked for me even though the accent of the bloke talking is hard to understand.
    The game not loading has nothing to do with steam or the game itself.
    I will give it a go but I will have to wait until the weekend, cheers for the help Santa.