Joystick T-Flight Hotas X - THR

cobretticobretti Member, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 30
Good morning, I'm downloading the game, I wanted to know if I can use my Joystick T-Flight Hotas X - THR , hope so.
If the answer is negative it will be implemented?

Comments

• edziebaedzieba Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 7
    As long as an analog throttle input on a controller is supported, manually configuring for a HOTAS setup is possible without much difficulty (most basic HOTAS setups come with some proprietary software for arbitrary mapping, or you can use a universal solution like vJoy that supports devices from multiple manufacturers).

However, it would be preferable to be able to configure controls within the game rather than mucking about with profiling software. There are three main things that would make this much easier if implemented in Everspace:
    - DirectInput support, not just Xinput
    - Arbitrary controller remapping
    - Support for multiple input devices to be mapped at one time. This means you can mix-and-match devices from different manufacturers (e.g. TM Warthog stick plus CH Pro Thottle), AND it means you do not get hit with device enumeration order issues, like only your pedals being visible as an input device because they get listed first.
  • Templar3lfTemplar3lf Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 54
    It might also be useful, as a few other games seem to have done, to have a multitude of default profiles for the key mapping, for example, mouse based movement and shooting, keyboard based, controller based, etc.
  • PsygonisPsygonis Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Booster Posts: 4
    It would be a good idea to develop the adequate framework so alpha/beta backers can tinker with their own HOTAS find good solutions, and then from their settings, being able to provide default profiles for these different systems.
  • FullmentalFullmental Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 9
    I would love to be able to use my CH Products Figherstick USB and Pro Throttle USB (Plus if possible my Logitech MOMO pedals for rudder control as I use in E:D and FSX). It's my go-to setup for any form of flight control. As OP mentioned control input can usually be simulated with the control center for each device, so my main concern is the ability to use more than one device, potentially from different manufacturers, without problems.
  • ES_1712ES_1712 Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 2
    Best config for Saitek X52?
  • ES_8366ES_8366 Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 1
    I have an x52 Pro setup that I used to use with Elite:Dangerous. I'd love to be able to go full HOTAS with Everspace. I'm more than willing to help in any way I can (testing or even driver support/development, asn I'm a programmer and have UE4 experience).
  • RezRez Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Rogue Posts: 12
    I'm playing elite: dangerous with a hotas x, and it is a far, far better experience than with the keyboard and mouse
  • Little NemoLittle Nemo Space Dog Posts: 8
    +1 hotas support
  • odin13odin13 Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 1
    edited February 2016
    +1 HOTAS support also. (Saitek X52+ CH rudder pedals) I'd like to see support for TrackIR too, after all the programming for TrackIR is much less than VR.
  • DeejayKnightDeejayKnight Member, Common Alpha Backer ES1 Posts: 2
    I have some serious HOTAS that is DYING to have hands on this game! :D
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 107
    I have an X55 and I HOPE I can use it in this, I REALLY do.
  • GoloithGoloith Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 34
    @ROCKFISH_Andi

I would look into implementing the Tucker Gimbaling System. Star Citizen implemented it and they call Look Ahead mode. Here's a video of it below:

• Eternity57Eternity57 Common Alpha Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 15
    Would you support X55 HOTAS profil !?
  • PsychomisPsychomis Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 1
    +1 HOTAS support
  • SoranSoran Posts: 95
    Yes HOTAS support is must
  • Mathematical XTCMathematical XTC Common Alpha Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 2
    I would love the ability to bind my TM Warthog HOTAS system to this game.
  • ThebadmfThebadmf Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Booster, Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES2 Posts: 10
    x55 here. Seconded
  • MuppeteerMuppeteer Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 1
    edited April 2016
    Have a Warthog and a Logitech x3d so thirded (is thirded a word or can I claim its invention?)
  • EchoReaperEchoReaper Member, Common Alpha Backer ES1 Posts: 21
    I prefer second seconded.

Second second seconded.
  • ES_4981ES_4981 Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Booster Posts: 8
    Saitek X52 here. Would really enjoy playing with it also. Other controls feel great as well so far.
  • MallickMallick Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Bro Posts: 3
    Saitek x52 pro here ... to be honest I'm so used to using a hotas that playing mouse and keyboard really throws me.
  • UnfocusedUnfocused Member, Common Alpha Backer ES1 Posts: 4
    I have a Thrustmaster Warthog also. I would like to use this instead of my 360 controller.
  • TensETensE Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Booster Posts: 25
    X55. They said HOTAS support was one of their stretch goals. Not sure if they've hit it, but they might consider doing it in the future. Probably sometime closer to full release if ever.
  • ES_11083ES_11083 Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 1
    I'm too used to using my X-52 in Star Citizen. I'd really like to use it in Everspace too.
  • AshezthAshezth Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 9
    I've an X3D Pro by Logitech.
  • BadJackDanielsBadJackDaniels Customer Posts: 17
    More one X55 here...
  • BerraniBerrani Space Optimizr Posts: 6
    T.Flight X user here. I'm not generally comfortable flying with a mouse, personally, so I would much enjoy HOTAS support being added to Everspace in the future. HOTAS support was a stretch goal at 550k, but it was not met during the initial campaign
  • SpacejaySpacejay Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Fan Posts: 1
    +1 HOTAS
  • ES_570ES_570 Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 1
    IIRC, they did not hit the stretch goal for HOTAS support. Hopefully it's an option for the future, though.