HTC Vive VR will not start

ES_9367ES_9367 Posts: 9Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
When I try to start the game with SteamVR running, it says it will try to launch. I get a "connecting to game" message for about 2 seconds in the Vive and then the window closes. No error, steamVR doesn't crash: it just won't start up

So is VR completely not ready? I thought we'd have VR implementation for BETA.

GTX1070
6600K base clocked
16GB RAM
Win10 64bit

Comments

• ZhaozhengZhaozheng Posts: 3Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    In another post for oculus, not sure work for vive, once you in the game, press o and game rendering in VR mode. however, the UI is not so don't think it is playable right now or I may be missing something.
  • BastianBastian Posts: 3Common Beta Backer, Customer
    Press "o" in game, once you see the ship in space. VR mode is then active.
    See Oculus Thread for problems in VR Version right now.
  • OddibleOddible Posts: 20Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
    The problem is more complex for me with HTC Vive. When I launch the game it indicates that it is going to launch into simultaneous VR and desktop mode. After I click OK I see the SteamVR software change to: "(unresponsive) EVERSPACE" for about 1s, then it switches to "EVERSPACE" for about 1s then it switches to "(Unresponsive)" and the game has quit. I briefly see the Everspace splash screen before it quits.
  • OddibleOddible Posts: 20Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
    I got it for me. I don't start SteamVR first but start Everspace first, it will then in turn launch SteamVR on its own. SteamVR reports: Ready with (unresponsive) but it works after you hit 'o' to start VR mode in-game.
  • ES_9367ES_9367 Posts: 9Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    I'll have to try this! I kind of gave up and played without vr. I'm pumped! Thanks guys.
  • Boriscan90Boriscan90 Posts: 2Member
    In my case steam vr launches after I open the game but the O key won't turn vr mode on.