Beta Gameplay Trailer

ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Administrator Posts: 373
edited September 2016 in Announcements (read only)
Attention, all pilots!

Prepare yourselves for the imminent Beta with the latest gameplay trailer:

Comments

• fdiaz78fdiaz78 Space Optimizr Posts: 101
    What happened to wing perks and extra ships?
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    @fdiaz78 , perhaps they'll be released further along in the Beta.
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Administrator Posts: 373
    fdiaz78 said:

What happened to wing perks and extra ships?

There are always changes involved in games development but how about checking out the Beta first? ;)
    That's fine but is it still planned for final release code?
    fdiaz78 said:

That's fine but is it still planned for final release code?

The two extra ships will definitely come as you can being teasered in the Hangar already. We probably won't have different wing sets. They actually don't make a lot of sense and gave us quite some headache with the other modular components of the ship.

Forgive my frustration but that's yet another thing promised, still on your web page listed as feature including an animated gif showing this. It's called customization.

Along with the mining laser that's not getting implemented it seems we are losing more and more promised features.

Maybe I'm being petty, but please keep backers abreast of canceled features and update your page to reflect this. People buying into the beta now reading your site need to have all the most up to date information. Please do not say "that's game development, things change" as a way to deflect my feedback.

Overall I'm satisfied with my pledge and your game but honestly I backed the game initially when I saw the original trailer destroying an asteroid mining resources. I want that still but I'll have to settle for less.
    Well, to start with, the mining works pretty much as we pitched it in the very first gameplay trailer about a year ago. Just equip the Beam Laser and go mining - there you have it. Customizing your ship is still on our list and we will add this feature later. However, if it turns out during development that it doesn't make sense to implement a feature or a certain part of it we will drop it and that was the case with having different type of wings.

Indeed, this is standard procedure in games development and please understand that it simply is not reasonable to share every tiny detail of our game design decisions. It would be just too time consuming to get everyone aboard with the challenges and limitations in games development and we believe our most important task is to create a rock solid and fun space game. It may not be 100% what you have expected when you backed the game but that is also part of the whole “Kickstarter Game”.

Actually, I think we are pretty much on track with what and for when we have promised things and being transparent about all our decisions. So far, we got the impression the vast majority of our backers is pretty happy with what we do and how we handle the communication with our fans. I am glad that you are still happy with your decision to back us as well but we would kindly ask you to relax a little about what and how we implement features into EVERSPACE.

Thanks,
    Michael
  • SpectalysSpectalys Member, Common Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 79
    Good trailer for a good game !
    ROCKFISH is the man !
  • cobretticobretti Member, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 30
    I hope that the first problem to solve is the many players who do not start the game
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    fdiaz78 said:

Forgive my frustration but that's yet another thing promised, still on your web page listed as feature including an animated gif showing this. It's called customization.

Not sure if aesthetic customization needs to be in a build of the game used for balancing. Would rather see ROCKFISH Games put their time into the elements that directly affect gameplay instead of just adding eye candy for people with access.

I'm sure we'll see a healthy amount of customization at release, including (but not limited to) ship colors, unique part variations, stylized skins, maybe even an easter egg bobble-head for the dash, etc. In fact, with enough time, I'm sure they'll find a way to implement those wings, too.

Nothing to stress about. Right now, it's all about clearing out the kinks and balancing all the goodies for gameplay.