Anyone pirated GOF2 back then?

Yulia11Yulia11 Posts: 77Customer, Collector Beta Backer
Crack all the iaps.
I was such a -BEEP- back then. Though by the time I played it, Fish labs was almost dead.
So right now I will support Rock Fish and Everspace.

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    I think there are a lot of individuals in their youth who pirate games because they lack the funds or appreciation for game development until a later point in time when revelations were made.

My first couple years of college, I played a handful of pirated games (thought not GOF2 specifically). Then I grew a brain and realized how selfish that was, much like it appears you did after your GOF2 experience.

Glad to know you are supporting the process that is video game development! Rockfish Studios have aligned themselves with a positive model for business, and business is good.
  • PIECEofTOASTPIECEofTOAST Posts: 31Member, Common Beta Backer
    I sometimes pirate games as a trial thing, but never fully do. There have been several games that I pirated that after playing for an hour or two I realized I hated, and if I had just straight up bought it I could have wasted significant amounts of money for something I would have gotten very little enjoyment from. If I enjoy the game though after playing it a couple hours I always buy it. It's just my opinion that if game developers aren't comfortable with their customers trying their product before they buy it (through demos and whatnot) they don't actually believe in their own product.

It might also be that I don't make much money, so I can't really afford to just buy games unless I really know I am going to like it. It's incredibly disappointing to spend 30 or more USD on something and then get almost no entertainment out of it.

(note: I bought everspace beta and never pirated it, because I watched a tun of gameplay and I know this is the kind of game I will enjoy no matter what).