About logging in with the Usename

DeXtarDeXtar Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 8
So what i noticed right away is, that you can change your username, but it won't work for logging in, but what happens if i forget my ES_#### number? do I always have to send me an e-mail to give me my username or will there be a possibility to log in with the changed username? :smile:

Comments

• SaloriusSalorius Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space God Posts: 32
    Yes, same question here...
    This loginname-nickname-publicname stuff looks a little awkward to me as well
  • Templar3lfTemplar3lf Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 54
    The ability to log in using either Email or Username would be best I think, as many other sites have done. This means that users who have an auto-generated Username are not inconvenienced.
  • ES_1120ES_1120 Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 1
    Tbh if they just did it so we had to change our email and password when you first login, the problem would instantly go away.
  • ChudamaruChudamaru Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 6
    Can you not log in with the Nickname?
  • StrikehunterStrikehunter Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 16
    no!
  • nevothelessnevotheless Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 2
    Yeah or just give us the Option to Change the username one time?
  • SubSub Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Booster Posts: 12
    edited February 2016
    Just allow login with email, and the problem is solved surely? I imagine the ES_XXXX is more helpful for keeping a track of backers than anything else. Faffing with usernames would just make that more difficult (but not impossible)

Just out of curiosity, is the ES_XXXX our backer number?
  • ROCKFISH_SnoopROCKFISH_Snoop Moderator Posts: 92
    I will raise this issue with the team and see what can and can't be done.
  • ROCKFISH_UweROCKFISH_Uwe HamburgAdministrator Posts: 118
    edited February 2016
    You can also use your email address now in order to log in. And yes, the ES_XXXX numbers are your backer numbers, sorted chronologically.

Unfortunately our Kickstarter/backer/customer & forum database does not allow to change usernames. But once you select a different public name and login with your email address, you don't need to deal with your backer number ever again.