Anyone else bored with....

SarikSarik Posts: 5Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Warrior
having to look for the resources to make a decent weapon EVERY TIME you die??

Great game, but I'm not playing anymore as I can't stomach having to craft the same things over and over....Obviously I realise this is Alpha so my point (and my worry) to the devs is...

Is this the 'way' the final game will be? starting with the same 'low grade' weapons every time, and having to craft weapons over and over again?

Comments

• SoranSoran Posts: 95
    I would like that if I die in let's say level 2 Having completed level 1 , that I do not have to restart level 1
  • FalsfFalsf Posts: 7Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    I thought the whole point of being a rogue like game is that you start over from the beginning every time you die. I hope they add quests and challenges so that each time you finish a quest or challenge, you go back to the hanger and upgrade your ship. That way you can prepare for the next quest or see where you need to build up before taking on a large quest.
  • fdiaz78fdiaz78 Posts: 101Space Optimizr
    I have this concern as well and I hope @ROCKFISH_Michael really can elaborate on this concern. I stopped playing because it simply gets too repetitive.

There needs to be some mechanic were dying means we learn from the experience and get better at combat and access to better weapons each run.
  • ChillPlayerChillPlayer Posts: 32Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    But we get better, you keep the credits and can invest in perks. About weapons, yes I would like to carry them over too but on the other hand, once you are more farming in sector 2 onwards you get plenty of blueprints and the first sector helds enough ressources to build most of them, usually when I leave sec1 I have my beam blaster upgraded and my shockrifle II and in sector 2 latest I will have my MK2/3 cloak too.

A good solution to prevent endless farming of sector one would be: if you die, some or all of the materials you own carry over to your next run (like credits), maybe with an upper limit and flagged as untradeable. Before you launch you can build equipment from all blueprints you own as long as you have the mats for it. This way you are still encouraged to explore and find new blue prints but the repetitive and boresome initial farm e.v.e.r.y single run for ressources is no longer necessary.
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 373Administrator
    No worries, we'll introduce alternative travel mechanics soon. Also, we'll add perks for improved starting equipment.
  • FrakaFraka Posts: 17Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    totally agree with the spirit of this thread, the problem here is, there is not progression in the time.. But its on my own fault, for sure, because i have don't understand what was a "rogue like"

When i have heard rogue like, i have think of freelancer, GOF.. So a space opera, with a game progression in the time, with a story , with possibility to change our ship and equipment.. and with no loose of progress after dead.

Actually, the game is amazing, but will become boring very fast.

You have a great base, look more further for it and it will become a must have for the space opera fans.

Keep up the good work
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 373Administrator
    There's gonna be a captivating story in the final game, also!
  • FancyPantsFancyPants Posts: 8Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    I really do think its too early in the development of the game to judge. There are still many features to be added i believe. So dont give your hopes up already. As rockfish is saying there are more things to be added that make the game more interesting!