Astronomers Ahoy!

ES_10630ES_10630 Posts: 5Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
Since this is a Space Game and I love Space IRL let's start a topic about real life Astronomy. Show off your gear, space pictures and in general discuss the wondrous topic of our Universe as we see and measure it with our equipment!

Personally I have an old EQ mount and a Newtonian scope I hook up to my noob DSLR on the rare clear days we get. Have yet to produce stunning results though. Most of my picture are sadly junk.

I also dream about seeing the northern Lights. So far all the occasions it's been active I've been unable to register it in any fashion :(

Comments

• kirov099kirov099 Posts: 10Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    I've been getting into astronomy lately too. All I have at the moment is a small 100mm tabletop reflector with an altazimuth mount. I'm hoping it'll be enough to pick out some pretty features someday, but right now I'm just learning the constellations. The winter sky is a bit less familiar to me than the summer one.
  • DavidDavid Posts: 31Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    kirov099 said:

I've been getting into astronomy lately too.

You been able to see the planetary alignment yet?
  • kirov099kirov099 Posts: 10Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    David said:

kirov099 said:

I've been getting into astronomy lately too.

You been able to see the planetary alignment yet?
    Unfortunately not. Homework and weather are generally what keep me in during the winter. I hadn't really even known it was going on, so I'll try to catch it tonight or tomorrow.
  • ES_10630ES_10630 Posts: 5Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    We just got some clear skies the past couple of days. The views are beautiful! And as usual something broke :) This time the secondary spider. Getting a friend of mine to fix it up, since he's a metal worker. At times I wish I lived in a dark desert somewhere :)