Not happy with this game!

AlanAlan Posts: 16Common Alpha Backer, Customer
At this point in the early life of this game I'm not at all happy - may just delete it. FAR too much attacking from enemies that I'm not interested in fighting with. I've played vid games since Unreal Tournament in 2000 (or so) and I'm not a noob at this. I'm NOT a good "fighter pilot" - and really like to explore, trade and see what I can find and how much money I can make. If I CHOOSE to go to a dangerous area - then fine - I get what I get. But the constant arrival of bad guys that I can't shoot down successfully (I know - "i'ts easy - everybody does it...") and then get blown up... sheesh!

I've tried just running thru the whole sector to get to the next one, and did get to sector 2... but after I inevitably get killed I find I'm back to sector 1 again... GAK! Is the the "alpha-ness" of the game?

The graphics are "ok-ish" (if you want AWESOME graphics - check out DOOM!) - and flying inside things is cool. But for me, the constant defeats are... defeating! I've made something like 32 runs - none have lasted over 3 minutes (maybe one lasted 9) - have made maybe 900 credits once... and when I used it to make an upgrade it looks like the upgrade didn't stay... more "alpha-ness" I guess.

Not much fun I must say - to any body checking this out I say wait a year or so and see how it goes... I paid $70 to be an early backer... so I'll have to come back later to see how it goes... but for now... Meh.

Comments

• ShiuzanShiuzan Posts: 76Customer
    I'm sorry mate, but you can't compare Everpsace with a thing like DOOM!.
  • SoranSoran Posts: 95
    I think the problem you are having is that you are staying in the systems too long. Try skipping through some when the enemies are plentiful also don't stay long until you build up your ship some
  • Code__DragonCode__Dragon Posts: 16Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Soran said:

I think the problem you are having is that you are staying in the systems too long. Try skipping through some when the enemies are plentiful also don't stay long until you build up your ship some

^ This and if you are dieing to much, it it because you are A) Fighting your own battles to often, B) Not focusing on Credits/Blueprints for further gameplay, or C) both of these.
    If you follow A), then everything else will start to fall into place. Don't try fighting enemies alone, or at all, if you have to. Run near Terran Ships, they will take out Outlaws and Alien fighters for you. Also, don't attack Terran ships. Spend your money after death on the Perk that rewards more credits found. Hope this helps.
  • Cain TetsuoCain Tetsuo Posts: 48Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    I think you have misunderstood what this game is about. It's not really exploration or trade based like Elite or No Mans Sky. It's a rogue like more akin to FTL. It's quite literally supposed to be hard and tactically combat focussed. If all you are trying to do is look around and play nice with NPC's you are going to get your -BEEP- handed to you. Combat is a big part of this game, learn and adapt.
    @Cain Tetsuo I've been thinking how to word my response to this thread. You hit the nail on the head.
  • Cain TetsuoCain Tetsuo Posts: 48Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Shiuzan said:

@Cain Tetsuo I've been thinking how to word my response to this thread. You hit the nail on the head.

Yeah I think the OP has seen the latest space sim offerings and incorrectly applied the same model to Everspace. I don't really want to say "git gud" but based on the original post I'm inclined to believe that this guy won't find much enjoyment in this game unless he is willing to let go of his playstyle.
    Exactly my thought, I opted for the deal with it gif. 'twas the only thing I saw fit to the complaints about the game over all.
  • rj7792prj7792p Posts: 11Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    ok i think this is a personally ,,problem,, because the game.
    everspace is in alpha state and up to august in the beta state too.
    its how an early acess title so - not much features ect.. be in the game since the first day.

this is what i think.

everspace is a long year project - so i hope. iam happy if i can test it xD now because i think to know
    the game without playing. it will get a short ,,line,, hows ,,Battlestation: Harbinger,, from the ingame content comprimied to 1 smaller ship and 3th person + upgrades + VR support.

this are points of interest what we not can demented.

but ok.. i know the rockfish-games team because Galaxy on Fire and iam with them since the first day of the first GoF game. the devs do the best to get expirience into the community. with GoF the only problem (what i know) was, that the addons be not aviaible for pc - GoF was only an mobile game.

wrong branche ^^ but if everspace will get a good game, it can be possible that the devs
    rework on any GoF projects. many users waits almost about the addon release for pc...

so - lets see what we happen if the beta released! ;)