Scanning Probes too necessary, or Containers too hard to spot

ES_744ES_744 Posts: 42Common Alpha Backer, Space Dog
With the increase of containers from v.0.0.2.26941, finding all of the Containers/Tech Containers on a level is even more important to equip a ship and get blueprints ASAP. However, finding Scanning Probes or Gas is random and therefore can be very hard to come by. On one of my recent runs, I used up my scanning probes in the first 3 systems, and didn't find any more probes or gas until late in Sector 2! I flew around the station/asteroid wrecks to get as many containers as I could, but the 0.3 km range is very short.

I suggest either
  • Scanning should be an innate ability with a high cooldown like Jumping
  • Containers/Tech Containers should show up on scanners at the same range as free-floating resources
  • Every system should have a Comm Hub or other hackable scan device

Comments

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    We will discuss that but it is not intended that you always loot every single container in a level.
  • fdiaz78fdiaz78 Posts: 101Space Optimizr

We will discuss that but it is not intended that you always loot every single container in a level.

Can scanning have a high % of attracting warping drones? It would make scanning a risky/reward proposition.
  • ShiuzanShiuzan Posts: 76Customer
    fdiaz78 said:

Can scanning have a high % of attracting warping drones? It would make scanning a risky/reward proposition.

This could work. Would also be able to add another perk decreasing the % of attracting hostiles by scanning the system.