How badly do you think Everspace will suffer due to console versions?

VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 107
I REALLY hope you guys don't hold back the PC version for the consoles for 'parity' excuses/reasons, the game looks absolutely gorgeous but that's right now, who knows what might happen when you start releasing videos of the console versions.

Comments

• Templar3lfTemplar3lf Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 54

Still we know from our mobile past any game should run on as many devices as possible at the best quality that is reasonable. If you guys unlock the stretch goal for a console version of EVERSPACE we will have to adapt some effects and textures while still preserving a stunning look and feel.

I would assume they mean that the graphics will probably have to be toned down specifically for the console versions, but this shouldn't effect the graphics on the PC platform. Either that or the graphics will have to be created in specific ways that are supported by all platforms, but the team will try to keep the graphical fidelity of the game the same on PC as it would be otherwise?
  • TensETensE Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Booster Posts: 25
    Hopefully they'll develop for PCs first then optimize it for consoles. Argue as much as you want someone with a powerful PC will want to see all the awesome graphics that are shown in the videos in their true form and not scaled down to appease consoles
  • ROCKFISH_MarcoROCKFISH_Marco Moderator Posts: 38
    Unreal Engine 4 allows for excellent scalability, i.e. adjusting graphics and effects for each platform individually within the same build. This way we can make sure to get the best out of every hardware configuration and get the game to run very well even on mid-range systems. So the quality of the PC version will not be affected in any way.
  • TurimbarTurimbar Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 3

Unreal Engine 4 allows for excellent scalability, i.e. adjusting graphics and effects for each platform individually within the same build. This way we can make sure to get the best out of every hardware configuration and get the game to run very well even on mid-range systems. So the quality of the PC version will not be affected in any way.

Hey man, we will hold you too that. I've got too much money spent on goodies for my PC to not play shiny games. :-D
  • SubSub Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Booster Posts: 12
    Everything I've seen in UE4 so far has had excellent scalability and optimisation so I should think this will be a none-issue. So long as the full-phat version looks as sharp and crisp as the current videos (gimme no holds barred high res texture options please!!!) I'll be happy :D
  • humanevilhumanevil Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 98
    edited February 2016
    i just hope the textures wont suck and theres none of that console rubbish of 30fps is better and lock the fps at 30. also indepth rebindable keys is a big thing for pc people...well some of us oh and sorry but im using caps for this.........LEAVE MOTION BLUR AS A TOGGLE AND IS OFF AS DEFAULT. please have support for mouses with more than 2 buttons as some games ive played i had to use the 3rd party software to achieve it.

a colour blind option would probably go down well forthe people who need it
  • Kurzon MorrisKurzon Morris Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 73
    They have said its being built from the ground up for pc with many configurable options. i get the impression they are pc gamers themselves so i'm confident there will be many options and little restrictions
  • SHWARTSSHWARTS Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 12
    im not worried about graphics and scaling. im worried about HUD and interface made for consoles/mobile evident in the PC version.
    stuff like being able to quit the game when i hit esc without going back to main menu first.
    clicking icons as opposed to moving a highlighted box to select.
    and hopefully tons and tons of resolution options, even VR

• ROCKFISH_SnoopROCKFISH_Snoop Moderator Posts: 92
    Hey @ES_7876 there's no need to worry about the HUD and user interface. Everspace is only being released on PC and console for the time being. As we said from the beginning, it was time to make the transition from mobile gaming to PC and beyond. Expect full VR support, and a ton of other customisation options. Everspace started life on PC and we are fully behind PC as a platform - we are not going to be making any concessions for our PC release. You're going to love it :)