PLEASE USE these forums devs...

VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 107
So many other games have 'forums' and they are pretty much just a complete waste of time as they post news and stuff to -BEEP- like reddit or twitter or other social media thus making their community wonder what the point of the forums are. So please guys, DON'T DO THIS.

Comments

• ScyfarScyfar GermanyKickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 4
    I can only agree to this.
    And I want to add that information should not be shared social media exclusive. Meaning that a piece of information will only be published on Facebook but not on the forums and alike.
  • ROCKFISH_SnoopROCKFISH_Snoop Moderator Posts: 92
    ES_9055 said:

So many other games have 'forums' and they are pretty much just a complete waste of time as they post news and stuff to -BEEP- like reddit or twitter or other social media thus making their community wonder what the point of the forums are. So please guys, DON'T DO THIS.

Don't worry ES_9055, we're here!
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 107
    edited January 2016

ES_9055 said:

Don't worry ES_9055, we're here!
    Oh I know you're hear but, so are a lot of the other game devs, for some reason or whatever they see reddit or other social media as more important then their forums.
  • Templar3lfTemplar3lf Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 54
    Actually, a good example of how to use the forums as a dev, and how to keep in contact with the potential players is the Worlds Adrift forum. Their team seems to be very good at keeping in contact.
  • TensETensE Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Booster Posts: 25
    So far I see devs posts in quite a few threads. Also about devs posting on twitter/reddit. Those are much bigger platforms than the forum and therefore it's a lot easier to gain exposure there. I do agree they shouldn't ignore the forums but that doesn't mean they shouldn't also utilize other means of exposure/communication. I found this game on reddit as an example and the forum is mostly for backers when others use reddit. The r/EverspaceGame is a good resource for news etc as well
  • SubSub Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Booster Posts: 12
    TensE said:

So far I see devs posts in quite a few threads. Also about devs posting on twitter/reddit. Those are much bigger platforms than the forum and therefore it's a lot easier to gain exposure there. I do agree they shouldn't ignore the forums but that doesn't mean they shouldn't also utilize other means of exposure/communication. I found this game on reddit as an example and the forum is mostly for backers when others use reddit. The r/EverspaceGame is a good resource for news etc as well

The best way is probably to post a thread here, then a link on Reddit, then pop the Reddit link in the thread for reference so we can check both places?
  • ROCKFISH_SnoopROCKFISH_Snoop Moderator Posts: 92
    Sub said:

TensE said:

The best way is probably to post a thread here, then a link on Reddit, then pop the Reddit link in the thread for reference so we can check both places?
    We are active here as well as Reddit; additionally, we post updates on the Kickstarter page and publish GIFS/Images on Imgur. Finally, we operate the Rockfish Games Twitter account and youtube channel. As the forums are an official medium for us to contact our fans, you can rest assured that important announcements will be made here, as well as through our other contact mediums. If you want to speak to the Rockfish team directly, I will say wholeheartedly that the official forums are the best route to go down. We're striving to ensure that we connect with our community, believe me when I say we're fully aware of how important community interaction is. If you have any suggestions, feel free to drop me a message or post a topic :)
  • Kurzon MorrisKurzon Morris Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 73
    I'm compiling a pretty comprehensive lost of links that take you to pretty much every article, post, interview that involves Everspace game here (on this forum). so feel free to keep an eye on it or subscribe. i check far to regularly for new information and stuff so it should be fairly good resource