Game wont start

mattiaskohlstrommattiaskohlstrom Posts: 1Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
After this last update on steam the game wont launch. I get a window in steam saying starting game, 2 sec later the window closes and then pops back up after a few secs and that loops till I kills the program but the game wont start.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_SvenROCKFISH_Sven Posts: 93Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Hello Mattias!
    What happens, if you start the .exe directly?
    (Open steam => LIBRARY => Rightclick on Everspace => Properties => LOCAL FILES => Browse local files => Everspace.exe)
  • LunoruLunoru Posts: 77Member, Common Alpha Backer
    edited June 2016
    Hello there, I am having something similar to the problem:

I just tried your solution Sven, but it didn't help. A small, transparent window appears, then it disappears in a few seconds. I tried opening it as an administrator, no luck
    edited June 2016
    Hi Lunoro,
    your game installation seems to be corrupted somehow. Please try reinstalling the game.
    (steam => LIBRARY => Rightclick on Everspace => Delete Local Content and then "Install Game"). Your savegame will not be affected by this.
  • LunoruLunoru Posts: 77Member, Common Alpha Backer
    edited June 2016
    I tried, but the result is the same :/
    I even restarted my computer, no luck

p.s. It's Lunoru ^^
    Hey Lunoru,
    Ok, next try:
    In Windows hold -Key and press to open the "Run" Dialog Box.
    Type (or copy/paste) %localappdata%\RSG\Saved and press Enter to open the place where Everspace saves config data. Please delete the "Config" folder and all files with "Gamesparks" in its name.